Covid-19 doesn’t transmit at International football

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No fans for the Scottish cup final because “control” is handed over to Uefa by that point for Hampden. 

Quite incredible 

Where you seeing that? That's incredible. It's the major final domestically for the nation.

From BBC Sport site as dont want them to get hits

There will be no fans inside Hampden Park for next month's Scottish Cup final.

The 22 May showpiece will be held just three weeks before 12,000 supporters will be able to watch Scotland's first match at the European Championships inside the same stadium.

But the ground comes under Uefa event control from 14 May.

And Europe's governing body will have already started preparation work for Euro 2020 before the final.

The Scottish government on Wednesday gave approval for Hampden to accommodate 25% of the stadium's capacity for four matches scheduled there during the finals.

Hampden given go-ahead for 12,000 Euros fans

Uefa had given the 12 host cities until Wednesday to submit plans for fan attendance, with the likelihood of some venues being switched if no guarantees could be given.

A final decision from the governing body is likely to come on Friday, with Scotland due to face Czech Republic on 14 June.

The Scottish FA reached an agreement with Uefa that allows the domestic final to go ahead at the national stadium.

However, as part of that agreement, no fans are allowed due to preparation work in the stands.

Under the Scottish government's Covid plans, large events can take place with some fans from 17 May, but it now seems unlikely there will be any football test events before Scotland kick off in their first major tournament since 1998.

Disinfection pods and vaccine passports are not expected to be used for the matches at Hampden, Scotland's national clinical director has said.

However, while Professor Jason Leitch stressed that "the detail has still to be worked out", he said: "I think there will be some what we call non-pharmaceutical interventions in place.

"I imagine there will be distanced queuing, I imagine we will control public transport differently from how we do it and people will be distanced in the stadium, so tickets will be distributed in groups if we manage to get to that point where we've got 12,000 people in the stadium."

Prof Leitch said decisions about face coverings are still to be made and that Uefa rules as well as Scottish regulations must be considered.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Been told this afternoon that club hopeful of having 12-15k in for Aberdeen game.

All season ticket holders have been in the same boat all season and that should remain the same until the season finishes - surely the club know this will upset and anger, for the sake of one game - forget it 

3 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Some sort of systems has got to get put in place, either as you say a refund for missed games or pay a  percentage of your season ticket and then pay as per game that you attend.

No matter what they do you will still get greeting faced bastards not happy.

Seems common sense to me...hand over your national stadium to another body days before the culmination of the oldest football cup competition in the world.

So here is what happens now

The 22 May showpiece will be held just three weeks before 12,000 supporters will be able to watch Scotland's first match at the European Championships inside the same stadium.

But this was the plan...months ago (taking covid into account)

The Scottish Cup Final, traditionally the last game of the campaign, will take place before the end of the league season - according to SPFL secretary Iain Blair.

A similar scenario was set for 2019/20 before football in Scotland was halted by the coronavirus pandemic.

"In terms of the end of the season and the Euros, the Euros are going to start on June 11," he told BBC Sportsound.

"We'll be finished long before then. Our football normally finishes in the second last week of May - it'll be one week earlier in season 2020/21.

"We'll be finished by the middle of May. That's to allow for the play offs after the end of the season and that's to allow for the Europa League and Champions League Finals, then you're into the June international break.

"The one impact it has had that we expected it to have - we planned for this in 19/20 and planning for it again - is that Hampden is clearly a venue for the Euros.

"There is a stipulation in the agreement to use Hampden that it has to be free from all football for a considerable period before those first games.

"So, the Scottish Cup Final - and this I do know, despite the stuff going on - will be on the weekend of May 8.

"We will have to fixture rounds after that. The Scottish Cup Final will not be the final fixture of the season.

"We've had that before, when we had the UEFA Cup here, we've had it for occasions."

So, even thought they planned for it...they still ballsed it up.

30 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

Seems common sense to me...hand over your national stadium to another body days before the culmination of the oldest football cup competition in the world.

So here is what happens now

But this was the plan...months ago (taking covid into account)

The Scottish Cup Final, traditionally the last game of the campaign, will take place before the end of the league season - according to SPFL secretary Iain Blair.

A similar scenario was set for 2019/20 before football in Scotland was halted by the coronavirus pandemic.

"In terms of the end of the season and the Euros, the Euros are going to start on June 11," he told BBC Sportsound.

"We'll be finished long before then. Our football normally finishes in the second last week of May - it'll be one week earlier in season 2020/21.

"We'll be finished by the middle of May. That's to allow for the play offs after the end of the season and that's to allow for the Europa League and Champions League Finals, then you're into the June international break.

"The one impact it has had that we expected it to have - we planned for this in 19/20 and planning for it again - is that Hampden is clearly a venue for the Euros.

"There is a stipulation in the agreement to use Hampden that it has to be free from all football for a considerable period before those first games.

"So, the Scottish Cup Final - and this I do know, despite the stuff going on - will be on the weekend of May 8.

"We will have to fixture rounds after that. The Scottish Cup Final will not be the final fixture of the season.

"We've had that before, when we had the UEFA Cup here, we've had it for occasions."

So, even thought they planned for it...they still ballsed it up.

Cup final was originally scheduled for May 8

46 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No matter what they do you will still get greeting faced bastards not happy.

Biggest league championship in our lifetimes, arguably the clubs history. 

Either delay lifting it until the start of next season when we're all there or they do it in an empty stadium. 

It's the only fair way to do it. 

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Probably not

There’s loads to consider mate , for a start 90% of us will sit with mates or family so that will be hit on the head for starters , sitting no allowed to fart while yer old man, brother, sister ,mate is in the house watching it on a stream both paying the same , fuck that , nobody till everybody 

8 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Be no surprise when all the usual suspects get tickets in any pretend ballot. 

The very reason I’m not getting dragged into buying all sorts of nonsense for MYGers points , if my usual routine following Rangers isn’t enough then so be it , I’m not buying woman’s games and going forward merchandise to have a chance of tickets when people at all the games won’t even need to be in MYGers 

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Biggest league championship in our lifetimes, arguably the clubs history. 

Either delay lifting it until the start of next season when we're all there or they do it in an empty stadium. 

It's the only fair way to do it. 

Delay it until next season? As if that is ever going to happen fuck sake.

Sometimes things in life aren't fair, if the club decide they want fans in to satisfy test criteria then we should support them on this imo.

It's then up to the club to appease the fans who miss out. To be honest i'd not even care that much if I missed out after what the team have given us this season.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Delay it until next season? As if that is ever going to happen fuck sake.

First game will be at home next season, absolutely no reason why it can't be done then. 

The Scottish Cup will be lifted twice in the space of a few months as well. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

First game will be at home next season, absolutely no reason why it can't be done then. 

The Scottish Cup will be lifted twice in the space of a few months as well. 

I think the club will need to show they can manage in a test environment before they get full capacity safety certificate, it's far from ideal but really under the circumstances we should be supporting every effort the club is making to get fans back inside. If that means in dribs and drabs then so be it.

I really can't see it going from closed doors to 50k immediately.

Just now, plumbGER said:

I think the club will need to show they can manage in a test environment before they get full capacity safety certificate, it's far from ideal but really under the circumstances we should be supporting every effort the club is making to get fans back inside. If that means in dribs and drabs then so be it.

If it was done fairly then so be it

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's what pre season friendlies should be used for. 

42 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

That's what pre season friendlies should be used for. 

So no fans until pre-season friendlies despite there being the opportunity to allow fans in?

Just because some fans will have a petted lip?

Not for me.

Archived