Goram

He is our best, but it is really, really close in part due to longevity. 

I would say that McGregor has pushed himself into a comfortable second before Woods and Klos now.

Goram at his best was incredible, and the best keeper I have seen but it didn't last long, it was a different time in terms of how players acted but he was a wreck pretty quickly even by the standards of the time. He was a shambles of a boy when we were going for 10 

McGregor is 39 and arguably just put together his best season for us.

Best - Goram - better service has been from McGregor. 

9 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would say that McGregor has pushed himself into a comfortable second before Woods and Klos now.

Goram at his best was incredible, and the best keeper I have seen but it didn't last long, it was a different time in terms of how players acted but he was a wreck pretty quickly even by the standards of the time. He was a shambles of a boy when we were going for 10 

Good point that not many posters will remember. Goram had a shambles of a season when we went for 10. On and off the park if I recall correctly.

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Good point that not many posters will tempered. Goram had a shambles of a season when we went for 10. On and off the park if I recall correctly.

He was also that good he basically cost us a treble, Maxwell would never have played against Dundee United if it wasn't for Gormam being a pish heid. If Goram plays, we win that game, not all on him but when you miss a game in circumstances like that you make it easy to blame you. 

Got to grow up watching Goram and I've said it's a close call between them both now which I never though would be a possibility.

Shagger has undoubtedly saved us more points than Goram and kept us in far more games  In the 90s we were more dominant and there was certainly a fear factor coming to Ibrox but this year has brought that fear back.

It's harder to argue that Goram is (was) the better due to lack of footage and quality of the videos.

For me it's still Goram but if shagger has a season like this, next year then it's Shagger - the goalie - Klos for me. Never got to see Woods play for us (so this comment could be the exact same that some2will have in regard to the Goram/McGregor debate)

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Saw this on twitter and this is 1 of many reasons why he's our best goalie ever. 

Fantastic keeper. Neck and neck with him and McGregor though.

Not nice to remember, but Goram was absolutely howling in the 10IAR season. Levels dropped to miles below McGregor at his worst, bordering on unprofessionalism. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I disagree there mate 

Goram stayed with us through thick and thick .Greegs disappeared at thin

Love them both but let’s not confuse that issue

4 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I disagree there mate 

Goram stayed with us through thick and thick .Greegs disappeared at thin

Love them both but let’s not confuse that issue

I don't really know if Goram did that at all

If Goram was more professional he could easily have had a career than went on another 4 or 5 years under Advocaat, the thick or thin (fat) Goram went through was self enforced when he was basically told to get his act together and stop being a waster which then lead to his best spell of form until he let himself go again. The closest Goram came to being out the door was always driven by him

If Goram had the same choice McGregor had he would have likely fucked off as well TBH

1 hour ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Good point that not many posters will remember. Goram had a shambles of a season when we went for 10. On and off the park if I recall correctly.

Naw .I can’t ever recall Goram having a shambles .In fact he was outstanding in 2 massive OF games back to back that should have resulted in us winning a double .All this nonsense is growing legs ,with people that haven’t witnessed his outstanding contributions in the time he was with Rangers

Both are outstanding but it’s only Goram for me .On all counts 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He was also that good he basically cost us a treble, Maxwell would never have played against Dundee United if it wasn't for Gormam being a pish heid. If Goram plays, we win that game, not all on him but when you miss a game in circumstances like that you make it easy to blame you. 

Jesus 🤔Ok after that .I’m out 

17 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Jesus 🤔Ok after that .I’m out 

Aye, why's that....

He said: "When I went to Tenerife I was injured. We played Dundee United in the Scottish Cup Final.

"The gaffer said get away for a week. I was never going to play in the cup final. I was never going to be fit but it was a chance to get some sun and see if I can get fit (that makes no sense btw - sounds like someone with no intent of being fit) 

"I went with the family and I met the Oldham guys, they had just been relegated and I had not seen them for years.

"I said you go down to the beach and I'll stay and have a couple of drinks.

"They can back from the beach at 5pm and I'm still with the boys. I said 'I'll be up the now for something to eat'.

"We were leaving at 6am. I've woke up at 2pm. Mike Milligan, who played for Oldham, I've ended up in his room.

"Two o'clock in the afternoon and I've got a pair of shorts, t-shirt, flip flops and about £40 in my pocket. I've missed my flight.

"So me dafty, thinks I might as well just stay for another while. So I stayed for another four or five days.

"I ended up in a rammy with a Dundee United fan in Veronicas trying to be a smart one. He tried to throw a hook at me and I end up knocking him out.

"The rest is history. I never played in the cup final and I came back and the gaffer put me on the transfer list. Which is rightly so, I was in tears I'll never forget it.

"All of the boys throughout that day were getting freed and new contracts. It was the end of the season where they were getting told what was happening.

So by all means, don't take my word for it, but I am sure you can guess who those words came from. 

"Through it all, Walter Smith stood by Goram, but even the Ibrox manager's patience wore thin when, in 1994, Goram went walkabout and missed the Scottish Cup final with Dundee United. Smith had allowed his goalkeeper to go on a family holiday to regain his fitness after an injury but Goram missed the flight back and ended up stranded in a Mediterranean resort without clothes or passport. His team-mates slid to a 1-0 defeat."

He played his best football for us after that

9 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Naw .I can’t ever recall Goram having a shambles .In fact he was outstanding in 2 massive OF games back to back that should have resulted in us winning a double .All this nonsense is growing legs ,with people that haven’t witnessed his outstanding contributions in the time he was with Rangers

He was rotten mate. Looking back with blue tinted specs if you think it wasn’t the case.

Prior to the 10IAR season I barely remember a mistake from him. No one is saying he wasn’t an absolute top drawer keeper the rest of the time. 

McGregor is an excellent keeper and has earned the right to definitely be part of the discussion. 

But...

Goram was a fantastic shot stopper but also great with the ball at his feet. McGregor not so much, although in terms of shot stopping he is almost as good as Goram, though I would say that for me, Goram edges it. That's in no way to demean McGregor as he is outstanding and has if anything improved over the years, which is testament to his desire to get better. 

Klos is up there for me as well. We really have had some outstanding goalies represent our club. 

20 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You're obviously forgetting United away in 97/98 when he single handedly fucked up on both goals and cost us 3 points. His marriage was falling apart and then he went MIA 2 weeks before the world cup in 98 after his affair got leaked. He's a legend but ffs, he had an awful season by his standards.