Carlos Mendes Gomes

RANGERS are tracking Morecambe winger Carlos Mendes Gomes.

The Senegal-born attacker, 22, has been watched a number of times this season and Gers have contacted Morecambe about him.

Gomes, who was born in Dakar and raised in Tenerife, moved to Manchester with his family when he was 15.

He spent two years in the Atletico academy. His first two years in England were at non-league West Didsbury.

He operates mainly on the right and has been with the Shrimps for three seasons.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6944404/rangers-morecambe-gomes-atletico-madrid/amp/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, the goal machine said:

Atletico Madrid to Morecambe is a mad career path. 

He had to move to England when he was 16/17 as his dad got a job, but then he couldn’t get another club for a year.

Before joining Morecambe he was playing for West Didsbury & Chorlton in the 10th tier of English football :lol:

48 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

He had to move to England when he was 16/17 as his dad got a job, but then he couldn’t get another club for a year.

Before joining Morecambe he was playing for West Didsbury & Chorlton in the 10th tier of English football :lol:

I love shite like that

Bet he’s fucking brilliant too

He's a guy playing for one of the worst teams in League Two and they've had him on 1 year contracts since he signed, whilst churning out 15 goal contributions in 45 games

I'm not really sure this is the kind of guy we should really be going after shortly after winning a league title with one eye on the Champions League Group Stage next year although if it's just taking a punt on a guy while we spend some decent money on another talented player then I don't mind it so much

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He's a guy playing for one of the worst teams in League Two and they've had him on 1 year contracts since he signed, whilst churning out 15 goal contributions in 45 games

I'm not really sure this is the kind of guy we should really be going after shortly after winning a league title with one eye on the Champions League Group Stage next year although if it's just taking a punt on a guy while we spend some decent money on another talented player then I don't mind it so much

He’s better than Dalcio though

44 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Those stats look to be slightly misleading judging by that video clip, his range of passing looks phenomenal if I'm being honest, he looks like he assists wide players who in turn put the ball in the box to create chances.....if he isn't going to cost silly money I'd genuinely take a punt.....some of those first time passes over the top were unreal :lol:

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Those stats look to be slightly misleading judging by that video clip, his range of passing looks phenomenal if I'm being honest, he looks like he assists wide players who in turn put the ball in the box to create chances.....if he isn't going to cost silly money I'd genuinely take a punt.....some of those first time passes over the top were unreal :lol:

He’s on 500k a week

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It's a hard one to judge. He looks good in those videos but Greg Docherty looked a world beater in the league above when he was at Shrewsbury.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's a hard one to judge. He looks good in those videos but Greg Docherty looked a world beater in the league above when he was at Shrewsbury.

I get what you are saying but regardless of the standard of league some of those passes are pure filth:lol: that is just natural ability, the dribbles and runs could easily be misleading due to the level of opponent, his vision and range of passing suggest he may be worth a punt

Archived