Carlos Mendes Gomes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, psb07158 said:

He's a guy playing for one of the worst teams in League Two and they've had him on 1 year contracts since he signed, whilst churning out 15 goal contributions in 45 games

I'm not really sure this is the kind of guy we should really be going after shortly after winning a league title with one eye on the Champions League Group Stage next year although if it's just taking a punt on a guy while we spend some decent money on another talented player then I don't mind it so much

I would normally agree, but this guy has something and he's hungry. I think this could be one to take the punt in

Nobody takes any chances on lower league players nowadays. There was a time we signed players who were still working down the pit at the time he joined! 

The only way that it adds up that that video is real and he is still playing for Morecambe is if the cunt spends all game every game doing shite that if it comes off, it will look amazing on a highlight reel!

Probably fucks the ball out of play every 2 minutes trying to do an outside of the boot wonderpass.

If it's genuine, Morecambe look to have the next ballon d'or winner on their books.

35 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The only way that it adds up that that video is real and he is still playing for Morecambe is if the cunt spends all game every game doing shite that if it comes off, it will look amazing on a highlight reel!

Probably fucks the ball out of play every 2 minutes trying to do an outside of the boot wonderpass.

If it's genuine, Morecambe look to have the next ballon d'or winner on their books.

Looks like this year was a breakout season. 2 goals in 31 games in his first two seasons there and 12 in 37 this season. 

If he turns out like the last guy we signed from an unfashionable club, who had been part of a top youth programme beforehand but had to go to a low-profile club to establish himself...

Difference being that hopefully Morecambe know how to send emails that don't supposedly disappear in spam boxes.

18 minutes ago, Bears said:

If he turns out like the last guy we signed from an unfashionable club, who had been part of a top youth programme beforehand but had to go to a low-profile club to establish himself...

Difference being that hopefully Morecambe know how to send emails that don't supposedly disappear in spam boxes.

Tavernier?

This guy was on football focus weirdly enough. He was at Athletico Madrid when he was a youngster and his parents had to go back to England for some reason and he was to young to stay in Spain himself. He had no club and was touting himself up at different clubs and Morecambe took a chance on him,Very decent player 

Just a piece of clickbait from the gutter press is my take on this.

However I trust our recruitment team so if they think he is worthy addition to our squad then I shall stay silent. Made enough of an arse of myself over the signing of Wright who I argued was not of the required standard.

On 09/04/2021 at 23:36, Bronzy said:

He had to move to England when he was 16/17 as his dad got a job, but then he couldn’t get another club for a year.

Before joining Morecambe he was playing for West Didsbury & Chorlton in the 10th tier of English football :lol:

Imagine the guys on other teams turning out on a Saturday and coming up against him! 😂😂

On 10/04/2021 at 09:10, NorthernLights said:

He’s 22 and should be cheap. No issue if the scouts and coaches think he’s worth a look. Windass came from that division and had the talent, just not the attitude. 

Wether he's cheap or not, surely to fuck we have a youth player ready to make a step up to the first team squad instead, our attacking options next season currently are quite high, so another one while still having people like hastie, middleton, stewart, jones and barker on the books taking a wage is fucking pointless 

10 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Wether he's cheap or not, surely to fuck we have a youth player ready to make a step up to the first team squad instead, our attacking options next season currently are quite high, so another one while still having people like hastie, middleton, stewart, jones and barker on the books taking a wage is fucking pointless 

Every year we think this, mate. We seem to struggle when it comes to kids making the step up. Great to see Patterson showing he belongs at our level but far too many are going out on loan and not standing out. Would like to see Kennedy and Kelly involved in preseason as have apparently played well elsewhere. King is apparently a good prospect too so maybe get him involved. But it’s a big step up and don’t think we can just count on them being ready or good enough 

16 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Arsenal big club?

Are you on drugs mate

Arsenal are a big club. Just a shite big club at the moment. Still 3rd after Man U and Liverpool for most trophies won by an English club.

Am no Arsenal fan, but I can't just make up a reason to say they aren't or haven't been one of England's biggest clubs over the last 130 years.

Archived