Custom WWE title is in The Trophy Room

EMRFC

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Its not from a fan. It's a gift from the company itself. They send them to various champions in different sports as a PR move. Its generally worked really well for them and had WWEs logo in the middle of celebrations at the Super Bowl, NBA finals and World Series. WWE usually have an accompanying PR piece going out to an audience of millions. 

It's got our crest on it, and we've got it because he's a Rangers fan? And it's just a PR exercise? Doesn't change my mind that it has no place in our trophy room.

I am, however, prepared to change my mind if one of that audience of millions is loaded and wants to put millions into our club. 

24 minutes ago, left winger said:

I just think it detracts from our trophy room. When I go on a tour of Ibrox, I think it's the best bit - to see much of our history. I don't see a wrestling belt as having any place in it. 

It has as much place as any of the other gifts in there.

1 minute ago, left winger said:

As much place as the Loving Cup? We'll agree to disagree on that. 

Didn't see you being so angry about this mate. I know a lot of people don't get or like wrestling but to be "champion" of WWE means you're at the top of that game whether it's your thing or not, and is a huge achievement. I quite like the link with Rangers although wrestling and football are worlds apart 

Just now, RockwellGers said:

Didn't see you being so angry about this mate. I know a lot of people don't get or like wrestling but to be "champion" of WWE means you're at the top of that game whether it's your thing or not, and is a huge achievement. I quite like the link with Rangers although wrestling and football are worlds apart 

I'm not angry about it. I just don't think it has any place in our trophy room. I suppose by replying to everyone that quoted me it might look that way. But it's would be rude not to reply. 

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

There was a BJK sign at a WWE show before I think. Might have been one in Glasgow 

Think it was in Birmingham, this tweet from Nov 6 says it was on Raw and Monday night raw on Nov 5th was in Birmingham :sherlock:

2 hours ago, left winger said:

I just think it detracts from our trophy room. When I go on a tour of Ibrox, I think it's the best bit - to see much of our history. I don't see a wrestling belt as having any place in it. 

Whether it belongs there or not may well be up for debate depending on who you talk to. I dont think its worth getting annoyed over though. Its a unique piece that probably won't be a permanent addition. It will generate a lot of PR and the young ones on the tour will love it.

Archived