Is there a weak position in our team?

1 minute ago, AdzKyle said:

One poor game and Borna should be sold?! Bloody hell, some people have short memories. 

Only one poster said we should sell him and I took it as getting the best market value after the euros 

His performance today was a worry, if he has a stinker next week that costs us then you will see this place in a full meltdown 

Central midfield needs strengthening in the summer. 

Jack injury record means we can't rely on him for a full season. We also need to be looking for a long term replacement that can takeover from Davis. 

It won't be cheap so the big money available needs spent in there. 

This season. NO, but come January we better be looking to bring in/through someone to replace Shagger, Davis and Defoe.

I would like to see us bring back McCrorie (que the slating) but he is the same as Jack in the sense that hes defensive minded and can cover for Tav when he fucks off up top.

Bearing in mind that Katic coming back in will be like a quality new signing and hopefully Jack will be sorted.

47 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Possibly but the whole situation with him puzzles me just now.

He may be bought for next season but for him Not to be involved at all today was mind -boggling.

Really wanted to see him involved today. Who knows may be a surprise starter next week? Remember many a Walter side that had a genuinely surprising starter in a big game.

Today's starting eleven does not necessarily mean next week's eleven.

52 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Scott Wright.

was surprised wright never go some game time today  but people on here were going overboard about his last week he played well but it was only cove rangers gerrard was right his final ball needs improved

Barisic the weak link 😂 not a great game but certainly not a weakness in our team. 

I think we lack a proper right winger and holding midfield for me. They way we play is vital for a proper CDM to cover the fullbacks when they bomb forward.

As many have said Jack and his injuries make me feel this is a position we need filled, either as good cover for when Jack is fit or permanent. I like Ryan Jack but it’s a key position for our team. 

6 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

This season. NO, but come January we better be looking to bring in/through someone to replace Shagger, Davis and Defoe.

I would like to see us bring back McCrorie (que the slating) but he is the same as Jack in the sense that hes defensive minded and can cover for Tav when he fucks off up top.

Bearing in mind that Katic coming back in will be like a quality new signing and hopefully Jack will be sorted.

D76811B9-1905-430B-A810-8BB73DC5E14A.gif.214123b50a94f711ac805c465725892f.gif

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

A lot of people on here forgetting about Katic.

I recon you go back to when he got injured and ther'll be a load of comments slating Helander and how slow he is and can't cover for Katic, despite costing a couple of Million and being an internationalist. :D :D :D 

1 hour ago, LegendofCoop said:

FFS, the scythes have been sharpened!! One bad game and Barisic is the weak link? :lol: You lot are brutal. We're short on cover in that area granted.....Bassey isn't the answer for a full season imo. But Borna is not a weak link! 

Deary me!!!

I know. Its mental.

8 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

mccrorie is never good enough for us and bear in mind he is a aberdeen player now how much would they want for him

I think we should consider selling Borna, but not because he is not good enough.

He is plenty good enough for us, his delivery is the best in the team.

His value will be just about at its peak now though, and we are making a loss each year. Im not comfortable relying on Champions League qualification to see us making a profit.

If we could sell him for about 20m, and find a player who is a bit more direct and takes on a man and gets himself into more shooting opportunities, then I think we could still do well as a team. We could not afford to buy a better player than Borna, but we might be able to find one who performs as well in our system within our price range.

I am a huge fan of his, but I think it would be harder to replace a Goldson, Morelos, Kamara or Kent than it would be to replace Barisic.

These are the players we can expect to sell for big money, and for that reason, I think I would accept a really big bid if it came in for him.

It is not because he is not good enough, he clearly is, it is because we have to start making money on player transfers and no-one is coming in to offer  mega bucks for Bassey.

Just now, billscott said:

mccrorie is never good enough for us and bear in mind he is a aberdeen player now how much would they want for him

I can't see him being too happy abou the new management team and if scummy brown wants to play for a season longer, who do you think is going to be getting dropped. Yes i think he is that spiteful of a cunt and yes, at the same time that means they would no doubt rather see McCrorie get fucked off to some shite team down south than sell him back to us.