Is there a weak position in our team?

12 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

This season. NO, but come January we better be looking to bring in/through someone to replace Shagger, Davis and Defoe.

I would like to see us bring back McCrorie (que the slating) but he is the same as Jack in the sense that hes defensive minded and can cover for Tav when he fucks off up top.

Bearing in mind that Katic coming back in will be like a quality new signing and hopefully Jack will be sorted.

Mate, you on some super alcohol today?  

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

I can't see him being too happy abou the new management team and if scummy brown wants to play for a season longer, who do you think is going to be getting dropped. Yes i think he is that spiteful of a cunt and yes, at the same time that means they would no doubt rather see McCrorie get fucked off to some shite team down south than sell him back to us.

as i said before mccrorie is nowhere good enough for rangers and if brown is that spiteful  i assume ferguson gets dropped as well being from a rangers family brown is going there as a player and coach he wont be picking the team

3 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

I can't see him being too happy abou the new management team and if scummy brown wants to play for a season longer, who do you think is going to be getting dropped. Yes i think he is that spiteful of a cunt and yes, at the same time that means they would no doubt rather see McCrorie get fucked off to some shite team down south than sell him back to us.

McCrorie isn’t good enough for us mate. 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

If Morelos is sold we have a problem there.

Itten is just another Lafferty for me. Roofe injury prone, n Defoe 39.

said that today even with morelos staying we need another striker just because of what you have ourlined

4 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

Mccrorie has already said he’s Delighted brown is coming it will be brilliant playing alongside him , can’t think of anybody better to learn from . 

Left back debate isn't necessarily about Borna alone. Although he was caught out a few times today, much of it is because he was left 1v1.

There is a noticeable trend that we concede goals with Aribo in midfield. Again, not to aim criticism at Aribo either, but his defensive covering isn't at the level of Arfield, Kamara, Jack or even Davis.

Usually we aren't left 1v1 at full-back. When Tav/Borna do get forward, they are well covered by one of the midfielders, and can end up doubling up on the attacker. Aribo is much less defensive-minded and as a result, of the incredibly few goals we have conceded, he has been in midfield. More of an intent of attack than pragmatic approach though from our point of view. It's not a big worry for me.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Be as well just letting Borna go for free.

Play Patterson right back, Tav left back because in the second half Tav plays  the side of the pitch that Barisic plays in the first half anyway so knows the position well. 

Maybe better to say where do we need to strengthen to take us where we want to be, far less just retaining the crown. Gerrard is on for bigger and better things with this squad. 

Left defence needs improved and we'd get good money for Barisic.

Likewise with our central defence by one. Helander is decent, but we need better. 

We also need a midfield general with steel. 

Think we are a bit spoiled for choice up front. Wright and Hagi will become stalwarts. Think Aribo needs improved upon. 

All in all we do have a pretty decent team, with improvements in 3 or 4 areas we'd be pretty fucking awesome and we just can't stand still. . 

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Left back 

:lol: It kinda isn't but when I saw the thread title I immediately thought the same. Borna has a wand of a left peg but he's actually pish positionally. Tav used to be the same but has really improved defensively this season.

When I say positionally about Borna I don't just mean being in an advanced area and getting caught on the break. He regualary loses his man at the back post whether that be at a set piece or just in normal play.

opefully he can work on that side of the game despite being in his so called "peak" years.

His numbers going forward are brilliant and did I already mention he has a wand of a left peg?

If you had just awoken from a coma and read this thread without looking at the standings, you would think we were a mid-table team.

A team undefeated and I've read Barisic, Aribo, Roofe and Helander are not good enough. (in as many words)

Oh aye, and let's bring back McCrorie. Loony fucking Sunday's.

33 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Can anyone actually read?

One post suggesting to sell Katic after the Euros BECAUSE HIS  VALUE IS LIKELY TO BE TOP DOLLAR, not because he had a poor game today.

20 posts getting the wrong end of the stick altogether FFS!

Katic didn't play today pal, think you got the wrong end of the stick.

40 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

One post suggesting to sell Katic after the Euros BECAUSE HIS  VALUE IS LIKELY TO BE TOP DOLLAR, not because he had a poor game today.

😂Katic

42 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Not Katic mate. 

50 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Racist mate. Not all Croatians are the same. Reminds me of this.

Right back. Without Tav there we're much weaker. Also concerned about midfield next week. Arfield hasn't been himself since coming back and Aribo is honking in the middle, that leaves us with only Kamara and Davis as guarenteed starters. 

Archived