*****The Official Champions Vs Tarriers Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Absolutely the right team but I fear Gerrard’s blind spot re Aribo will again weaken us in the middle.

There’s bags of talent in Aribo but he can stand off a bit when the going gets tough. 
Arfield has way more dig about him and this game won’t be pretty.

It’s a difficult one but it’s Arfield for me 

McGregor

Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Roofe, Morelos, Kent

I'd start this team as we need to compete better in midfield and cover the wing backs more. Need to win the battle to earn the right to play.

Roofe in as offers more of a goal threat.

2-1.                    

10 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sunday 3pm, Premier Sports.

McGregor 

Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic

Arfield Davis Kamara

Hagi/Wright Morelos Kent

Please do these horrible cunts, Rangers.

Thats the team I'd go for. Arfield to offer more bite in the middle than Aribo. Wouldn't be against Wright starting on the right hand side of the front three.

Hope we come alive in this game and scud them! Last few games haven't been at our best but it's an old firm and anything can happen. Mon the famous!

40 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

McGregor

Patterson, Goldson, Helander, Barisic

Arfield, Davis, Kamara

Roofe, Morelos, Kent

I'd start this team as we need to compete better in midfield and cover the wing backs more. Need to win the battle to earn the right to play.

Roofe in as offers more of a goal threat.

2-1.                    

That’s our team but it won’t be our managers most likely  .Aribo and Roofe will get the shout ,going on recent selections 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

That’s our team but it won’t be our managers I fear .Aribo and Roofe will get the shout ,going on recent selections 

I fear that also. Aribo has the talent to be a game changer but needs to be used in the front three. Just doesnt have the discipline to play in the midfield against the better teams. At home against general spl dross we can get away with it. You would think Gerrard as a midfielder can see its a gamble playing Aribo in midfield.

Mcgregor

patterson Goldson Helander Barasic

davis 

kamara arfield

aribo morelos kent

biggest worry for me is our left flank, hibs exploited it quite a bit and barasic was isolated a few times

would also love to see wright on but this games extremely important for both teams and cant dilly dally experimenting 

3-1 

Patterson, Aribo and Kent 

11 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

That’s the team I’d pick as well, people saying arfield hasn’t been on form which is true but when we’re on the back foot he’s much better to have in this game than Aribo 

No need to be on the back foot. But point taken. They may choose our left side to target having watched the Hibs match, so we will need Kamara and Kent to track back.

I expect scum to flood the midfield but if we take the game to them and play the high press I can only see one outcome.

Aribo or Arfield is a difficult one. Aribo does not do much defensively but Arfield has been out of sorts recently. With a bench containing Wright, Hagi and Defoe we will have good options for later on.

Might not be the hammering we would all like to see but I shall be content with any kind of a victory and just move on to the QF.

This is a really important game for us. We've already hurt them massively this year and we can really hurt them if we do them here and potentially take another trophy away from them. We need to become addicted to winning as a club again. As Gerrard said, 55 should be just the start and the players need to get that attitude. We need to assert ourselves as the number one side in the country. They have been good the last few weeks but in my view this is because there is now zero pressure on them. We have been less impressive of late but still winning, not helped by a few injuries. As others have said this will be won in the midfield. Get that right and start with a high tempo and press and I think we should win. 

My biggest concern is that Gerrard has a blind spot for Aribo, who especially seems to disappear in these games. That gives me the absolute fear.

I’m not convinced about Hagi or Roofe for these games, either.

Kamara needs to be on the left of midfield to help Borna and I think we need as much pace, work rate and tenacity as possible. So, although it’ll likely never happen, aside from the back 5 which picks itself, I think our best chance is going with:

Arfield    Davis     Kamara

Wright           Kent 

Morelos

I reckon those 3 upfront could do some real damage.  If we start Aribo and Roofe/Hagi though, I think we’ll have fucked it for ourselves.

30 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

My biggest concern is that Gerrard has a blind spot for Aribo, who especially seems to disappear in these games. That gives me the absolute fear.

I’m not convinced about Hagi or Roofe for these games, either.

Kamara needs to be on the left of midfield to help Borna and I think we need as much pace, work rate and tenacity as possible. So, although it’ll likely never happen, aside from the back 5 which picks itself, I think our best chance is going with:

Arfield    Davis     Kamara

Wright           Kent 

Morelos

I reckon those 3 upfront could do some real damage.  If we start Aribo and Roofe/Hagi though, I think we’ll have fucked it for ourselves.

Completely agree.  Feels a bit like square pegs in round holes with Aribo and Roofe in there.  

We're better when we press high with pace, and I think Wright and Kent on either side of Morelos would really hurt them with their movement and we'll be more balanced in terms of formation.

I suspect he will go with Roofe though.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I expect scum to flood the midfield but if we take the game to them and play the high press I can only see one outcome.

Aribo or Arfield is a difficult one. Aribo does not do much defensively but Arfield has been out of sorts recently. With a bench containing Wright, Hagi and Defoe we will have good options for later on.

Might not be the hammering we would all like to see but I shall be content with any kind of a victory and just move on to the QF.

I really don't think its a tough decision if you compare their performances in midfield 3 against them. 

If Aribo is in the middle 3 in these games it sadly is very likely to just pass him by. 

Arfield has good experience and has performed well in there, and has much more tenacity and bite.

6 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

Completely agree.  Feels a bit like square pegs in round holes with Aribo and Roofe in there.  

We're better when we press high with pace, and I think Wright and Kent on either side of Morelos would really hurt them with their movement and we'll be more balanced in terms of formation.

I suspect he will go with Roofe though.

Yeah, so do I. I have a feeling he’s going to  pick the wrong team and it’ll cost us.

We need a fair amount of gallus in the team. That’s Arfield, Wright and Kent, not Aribo, Roofe and Hagi.

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

No need to be on the back foot. But point taken. They may choose our left side to target having watched the Hibs match, so we will need Kamara and Kent to track back.

There’s no need to be on the back foot but the last couple of games we don’t seem to have pressed them as much for whatever reason 

5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Unfortunately i think Aribo will start and i also think we might tweak formation and match them up in a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield.

Mcgregor

Tav, Goldson, Helander, Barasic

Davis

Kamara                           Aribo

Kent 

Roofe, Morelos

Do we still have enough hunger for this game - i have my doubts.

Based on Sunday, Kent only one interested in giving it 100%

Sad that you say do we have the hunger v the tarriers, more so in a scottish cup game, sad that I agree, I think we are still too soft, more so the middle of the park, too soft and not aggressive enough at all, we`ll see first five minutes if we are winning second balls, last two times out the tarriers have dominated us.

Hope Mr Gerrard is cleverenough to see this, we need to address this in the summer. more so when the supporters return, as the likes of Aribo struggle under pressure to fight for everything, Kamara is a great player but doesnt like the physical side too.

There isn't much between us both on paper, we're more solid at the back definitely but the midfield/attack could go either way, it's just what players are up for it on the day.

This is their last shot at salvaging something from an otherwise horrific season, they've got a new manager to play up to & some of their players will be putting themselves in the shop window.

As for us, understandably we've went off the boil a bit since wrapping up the league, that was our aim. It'll be who wants it more on Sunday & hope our players have 1 last big push in them for the season.