*****The Official Champions Vs Tarriers Match Thread*****

1 hour ago, real boydie9 said:

You wouldn't play Kent? You can't be serious. 

Each to their own if you think we should play the same team and tactics that has struggled against them the last twice that's up to you.

We need to give our lads a number of targets to hit up front no just poor Alfie and expect him to perform another miracle for us.

2 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Each to their own if you think we should play the same team and tactics that has struggled against them the last twice that's up to you.

We need to give our lads a number of targets to hit up front no just poor Alfie and expect him to perform another miracle for us.

Are you constantly blazing when you post on here

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Alfie hasn’t exactly performed miracles in the old firm games has he? More often than not, Kent has turned up 

5 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Fucking hell, have you been watching Kent against them these last 3 years? 

They literally double/triple up on him because of how much they fear him 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Fucking hell, have you been watching Kent against them these last 3 years? 

They literally double/triple up on him because of how much they fear him 

So why no change it and put their game plan up the spout. They have got away with marking Kent out the game recently, admittedly sometimes  literally.

Make them change then bring Kent on.

21 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

So why no change it and put their game plan up the spout. They have got away with marking Kent out the game recently, admittedly sometimes  literally.

Make them change then bring Kent on.

That’s the most mental thing I’ve ever heard 

Like Barcelona going into a Clasico and saying let’s throw Madrid off by starting Messi on the bench and we’ll bring him on :lol:

Theyd have a fucking party in the dressing room of our team sheet came out and Kent wasn’t on it 

45 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Kent nearly always perfoms against Celtic and they are terrified of him. He has to start!

2 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Kent nearly always perfoms against celtic and they are terrified of him. He has to start!

I'm sure he will , and they will play 5 in midfield  and press the hell out of us, I just hope we are more successful than we were the last two games playing round it and dont resort to lumping long balls up to an isolated Morelos.

I'm pretty confident we will turn up on Sunday. Last two games against them had shades of us knowing a draw was sufficient to get the title done and dusted and comfortably see out the season with minimal injuries.

Christ, that mob should have been throwing everything at us and despite them doing so they still couldn't beat us.

Our squad have now tasted success and I am pretty sure they will be hungry for more. Sunday is a prime opportunity to put at least one hand on another trophy.

Just now, TamCoopz said:

It’s hardly insanity to keep playing him and expecting him to change the game when he’s done it in several games before that 

They have changed their tactics last couple of games and it's worked to an extent, they will play a similar game Sunday I would expect.

If we play the same way I suspect we will struggle the same way we have been in past couple of games until they run out of legs.

You hope Kent can change things, you hope Shagger keeps producing miraculous saves, you hope they continue to fail to convert their chances. 

Me I'd change it to start with and put their game plan down the toilet. Bypass their packed midfield and try to make sure the ball up to our front lads stuck allowing the likes of Arfield to join from midfield. 

20 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Can you imagine bringing on Kent and Wright once their legs are gone, ...........utter carnage :rangers:

Conversely starting Kent, which he will, going for the jugular right from the first whistle and pressing them, which I hope for and then bringing others on for fresh legs and maintenance of a lead. I know which game plan I prefer!

26 minutes ago, badjon said:

Conversely starting Kent, which he will, going for the jugular right from the first whistle and pressing them, which I hope for and then bringing others on for fresh legs and maintenance of a lead. I know which game plan I prefer!

So basically same as before and hope for a different outcome, each to their own.

Time will doubtless tell

48 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

They have changed their tactics last couple of games and it's worked to an extent, they will play a similar game Sunday I would expect.

If we play the same way I suspect we will struggle the same way we have been in past couple of games until they run out of legs.

You hope Kent can change things, you hope Shagger keeps producing miraculous saves, you hope they continue to fail to convert their chances. 

Me I'd change it to start with and put their game plan down the toilet. Bypass their packed midfield and try to make sure the ball up to our front lads stuck allowing the likes of Arfield to join from midfield. 

Are you for real? Drop Kent who has been our most efficient player against them. You seem to want to return to the Ally tactics(?) of a big hoof up the park. Well we saw how effective that was. My only worry about Kent playing is that he would not get the protection he should from the referee such as happened against Slavia when he was just decked every time he got the ball.

8 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

So basically same as before and hope for a different outcome, each to their own.

Time will doubtless tell

What do you mean a different outcome? We have won 3 and drawn 1 the last 4 times we have played them.

4 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Time will doubtless tell

So only by dropping Kent will you not get same as before. Why not Morelos whose record against them has been poor or Aribo who, according to some, does not have the physique for this game? Here's something you might consider - Gerrard has taken us to 55 and we are still unbeaten in the league with a 100% home record. Why not put your trust in the manager?