Kamara and Kudela bans

Dan Deacon

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Im just saying what I think and if this keepers injury was the only incident then there would be more sympathy about the seriousness of it but with all the rest of the lies and bs it’s easy to get on the defensive and views to be distorted.

2 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

You dish out bed baths ?

On occasion I have. Not for a while now since my work is mainly in hospitals, but sure you seem to know more about my job than me. 

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I think they’ll sack him and he’ll be sacked from the international team but saying that, in Scotland we have the thumb who was caught twice with racism yet he was the poster boy for our national team and separate entity fc.

Sacking him might be a route they go down. 

But imo its not enough. 

To end the culture of racism in football, imo, need a thorough cancelling job done and for that to happen.   In my view that would mean either clubs themselves or national football authorities or Uefa to urgently change their mindsets and state that immediate lifetime bans will be applied and not just bans against playing but bans against any association whatsoever with coaching, managing or other roles in football.   Do that and it will most likely stop altogether or radically reduce.

Either that or cancel the elitist football authorities and offending clubs by dismantling them and starting again with leaders and officials who will not tolerate racism.   

Maybe a 'defund UEFA' campaign is needed.   If their flow of money stops or is materially reduced then maybe then we might see real and beneficial reform.  Short of that its a case of waiting for the next case, then the next, then the next.

8 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Are you telling me?

STG, - I found this interesting, what do you think?

'skull fracture or brain surgery - flying should be avoided for 10 to 14 days to allow absorption of any air that may be inside the skull due to trauma or surgery'.

'Medical guidelines for air travel', Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, October 1996, 67, 10, 11.

X

13 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Sacking him might be a route they go down. 

But imo its not enough. 

To end the culture of racism in football, imo, need a thorough cancelling job done and for that to happen.   In my view that would mean either clubs themselves or national football authorities or Uefa to urgently change their mindsets and state that immediate lifetime bans will be applied and not just bans against playing but bans against any association whatsoever with coaching, managing or other roles in football.   Do that and it will most likely stop altogether or radically reduce.

Either that or cancel the elitist football authorities and offending clubs by dismantling them and starting again with leaders and officials who will not tolerate racism.   

Maybe a 'defund UEFA' campaign is needed.   If their flow of money stops or is materially reduced then maybe then we might see real and beneficial reform.  Short of that its a case of waiting for the next case, then the next, then the next.

The only people who will stop it are the players themselves and to call it out every time it happens. That seems to be happening more and more which is a good thing.

as said I think slavia will sack him but not because they want to but they’ll need to be seen as doing the right thing on the world stage particularly for their reputation and future sponsorship etc and like everything else it’s always down to money.

Cech was out for 3months when he had his skull fracture with Chelsea but this clown is back in goal for the next round 2weeks later and playing again tonight, fractured skull my arse. 

As I said yesterday, UEFA shat the bed and Sorokin from FIFA council that was on SSN saying the ban is right was a fucking shambles too.....bbbbbut it’s their word against theirs, he was found guilty and banned for games, it’s not one word against another ffs. 

Sadly, nothing else will happen but still maintain if this had been a higher profile club / player like Saint Marcus of Rashford, the punishment dished out would have been much more severe.  As usual, sweep sweep. 

Will the Scottish government have their say to UEFA? 

The Guardian

Czech government official hits out at Uefa over Ondrej Kudela’s racism ban

Thu 15 Apr 2021 18.00 BST

A senior Czech government official claims Uefa handed a 10-game ban to Ondrej Kudela for abusing Rangers’ Glen Kamara in order to satisfy the “perverted expectations of a small group of activists”.

Vratislav Mynar’s intervention came on the day police said they had reported Kudela and Kamara to Scotland’s prosecution service after investigating allegations of racist abuse and assault during the Europa League game between Rangers and Slavia Prague at Ibrox last month.

Slavia’s Ondrej Kudela gets 10-match Uefa ban for racial abuse of Glen Kamara

A case of “racially aggravated conduct” against Kudela has been submitted to the Procurator Fiscal after the 34-year-old was accused of shouting a discriminatory slur into Kamara’s ear. Kamara has been reported to prosecutors over an allegation that he punched Kudela in the tunnel after the match.

Mynar has accused Uefa of acting in the “pinnacle of hypocrisy” in banning Kudela and he bizarrely suggested the ruling would see players who are not black become the victim of discrimination. Mynar heads the Office of the President of the Republic, a department set up to ensure presidential powers and are carried out.

In his open letter to Uefa’s control, ethics and disciplinary body, he wrote: “I note that racism is unproven and alleged. The Uefa inspector himself questioned that Ondrej Kudela had made a racist statement. Nevertheless, you have decided on a completely unprecedented punishment for a player who did not harm anyone and only verbally – according to his statement – offended his opponent.

“You condemn a decent person without a single piece of evidence. You make it impossible for athletes to fulfil their dream in the Europa League – all this just to fulfil the perverted expectations of a small group of activists and a club unable to win on the field, all the more so by shouting empty and hurtful phrases about racism.

“In your submission, the fight against racism has become the fight of the unsuccessful against the successful, the pinnacle of hypocrisy, positive discrimination and embarrassing undermining with stupid trends.

“Your efforts can lead to the opposite, a situation where a person with a colour other than black will be discriminated against, oppressed and deprived of their rights. That is why I also consider it necessary to oppose this procedure.

“Although you’re probably not used to it, let me tell you one thing. I very much appreciate the fact that the Czech public does not identify with your verdict, across the whole society. On the contrary, even if only for a short time, you have managed to unite ancient rivals. We will not kneel before you and no threats apply to the Czech football fan.”

Kamara was given a three-game ban after being found by Uefa to have assaulted Kudela in the tunnel. Kamara met police officers last week to discuss the complaints, and his solicitor Aamer Anwar urged Kudela to follow suit.

Anwar said: “We would strongly urge Mr Kudela to cooperate with officers carrying out their investigations into his alleged criminal conduct … Glen Kamara has fully cooperated with Police Scotland and provided a statement to officers at my offices.”

Slavia said: “Mr Kudela was and still is prepared to fully cooperate with the police inquiries.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/15/czech-government-official-uefa-glen-kamara-ondrej-kudela-racism-ban