Connor Goldson

Daily Record (I know) reporting that he will sign a new contract through to 2024 early next week.

If true, that is huge. He’s been our player of the season for me and keeping him is vital if we are to build on the success we have had this season.

His value to us on the park outweighs any potential money we would have made if we had sold him this Summer.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Daily Record (I know) reporting that he will sign a new contract through to 2024 early next week.

If true, that is huge. He’s been our player of the season for me and keeping him is vital if we are to build on the success we have had this season.

His value to us on the park outweighs any potential money we would have made if we had sold him this Summer.

Superb if true, him and tav are vital to how we play and are clearly a massive influence. 

4 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Hope it's true. Our POTY I think, though could have been Tav barring injury and a better 2nd half to the season to match the 1st. 

Big man has been solid throughout though. 

Tav was just unfortunate teams started doubling up on that side I think 

2 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Tav was just unfortunate teams started doubling up on that side I think 

He shouldnae have mentioned getting 20 goals before the turn of the year :lol:

In fairness, it was the shitey SMSM that kept suggesting it to him. Jinxing cunts! 

Just now, gmcf said:

Fantastic news if true . 

Been solid for us this season , with the only question being who plays alongside him in the coming season.  

Wasn't a big fan of Helander at first, but think he's had a great season aswell.

Wee bit slow, but knows how to position himself and reads the game well. Won't be easy to dislodge him, if he stays. 

2 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Wasn't a big fan of Helander at first, but think he's had a great season aswell.

Wee bit slow, but knows how to position himself and reads the game well. Won't be easy to dislodge him, if he stays. 

For this past season I'd agree with you , but next season Katic will be back , hopefully . Simpson has been added with a view to settling in . Then there's Edmundson and , of course , Helander and Balogun . 

My point being , if Goldson renews , he's the only constant with the rest fighting to partner him . 

Just now, gmcf said:

For this past season I'd agree with you , but next season Katic will be back , hopefully . Simpson has been added with a view to settling in . Then there's Edmundson and , of course , Helander and Balogun . 

My point being , if Goldson renews , he's the only constant with the rest fighting to partner him . 

I think edmundson can just fuck off tbh

Just now, gmcf said:

Hes young and still learning , but I think SG has probably brought Simpson in to replace him already. 

I think with balogun having a new deal, Simpson being here, plus still possibly having both helander and katic (not sure if there’s been interest or not) then he’s fucked it

im sure his own goal at Motherwell was our first conceded this season so fuck him, even if he couldn’t get out the way 

Fuck you fridge 

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I think with balogun having a new deal, Simpson being here, plus still possibly having both helander and katic (not sure if there’s been interest or not) then he’s fucked it

im sure his own goal at Motherwell was our first conceded this season so fuck him, even if he couldn’t get out the way 

Fuck you fridge 

Harsh , but id agree there are others in front of him . 

I think breaking the Covid rules was the final straw.  

Ross Wilson’s recent comments are incredibly promising for next season in that we are not anticipating a big turnover of players.

Goldson has been vital to our success this season and it would be fantastic if we could keep as much of the spine of our team as possible.

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Apologies, couldn’t get in at the milk there so was quite frustrated 

:lol: 

is that what the fridge was about ? I thought that was pretty random . I usually get that problem with coke . . . . for my rum ! 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

:lol: 

is that what the fridge was about ? I thought that was pretty random . I usually get that problem with coke . . . . for my rum ! 

Nah his nickname is apparently fridge so I really meant it 😂😂

Archived