Nathan Patterson

KingKirk

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Wonder if there’s a place in midfield for Tav like Fernando developed into? 

We shouldn’t try and fit players into the team for the sake of it. We should see it as two players for every position.

The competition for places is a good thing for the team. It’s a really important factor to developing a winning mentality 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KeyserSoze said:

We shouldn’t try and fit players into the team for the sake of it. We should see it as two players for every position.

The competition for places is a good thing for the team. It’s a really important factor to developing a winning mentality 

Yeah, agree. It’s just how do you do that with the club captain and best player, and our most promising prospect in the last decade. 

Thought he was phenomenal, first half in particular.

Good height and frame, full of pace, very good technically, can pick a pass, good tackler, shows signs he can finish etc. Really difficult to find a fault with him.

Said in the match thread if he develops the way he should he'll be a £30 million player in years to come.

Every cunt in the media should be putting enormous pressure on Clarke to include him in the squad for the Euros. 

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah, agree. It’s just how do you do that with the club captain and best player, and our most promising prospect in the last decade. 

Careful man management from one of the best in the game.  
 young Patterson will only benefit if he screws the nut and doesn’t fuck off to a mid table win nothing English team for ten times his weekly wage. 

10 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

If the idea is to sell Tavernier then I see no reason why Patterson can't continue to progress he's home grown and is the future so makes more sense to bring him through given what he's shown for his age he's more than matched Tavernier in threat to position imo.

Tavernier wasn't always the greatest in terms of technique imo and despite the captaincy of which he's done a decent job there's no doubt who that defence listen to and that's AMcG .

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I’m also one for considering moving Tav up one to right of midfield, take the worst part of his game out of consideration and focus on the strongest and play Patterson at RB 

Think Tav’s defensive qualities have improved 100%.

Patterson has proved he is more than ready for first team football and Tav had an outstanding first half of the season, so along with him being captain I can’t see him being dropped or moved position.

A real headache for SG.

There's room for both, Tav was sensational first half of the season then fell off a bit, bodes well that the burden can be shared whilst Patterson continues his development, Tav should be moved on next summer whilst he still retains value in any case.

All this talk about Patterson making the RB position his own is nonsense at the moment and borderline disrespectful to our captain and best player. Patterson's got all the attributes to make a top player he's fearless and has pace but RM hyperbole notwithstanding he's no Tav as yet.

8 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

There's room for both, Tav was sensational first half of the season the fell off a bit, bodes well that the burden can be shared whilst Patterson continues his development, Tav should be moved on next summer whilst he still retains value in any case.

All this talk about Patterson making the RB position his own is nonsense at the moment and borderline disrespectful to our captain and best player. Patterson's got all the attributes to make a top player he's fearless and has pace but RM hyperbole notwithstanding he's no Tav as yet.

Gerrard said: “If there is a better right back in the country on form, I would like to see it.

“I would like to see it. If there is a better right back, on current form, that is Scottish, in the league, I would like to see it.

Archived