Nathan Patterson

KingKirk

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Utter shite. 19 year old and the best Scottish right back already. Gary neville was 21 and played Euro '96

Sure Gerrard spoke about building his frame or something like that. Sure Scott Wright put on 4 kg of muscle in his first few months with us 

5 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Sure Gerrard spoke about building his frame or something like that. Sure Scott Wright put on 4 kg of muscle in his first few months with us 

Hope to god he doesn't. Absolutely no need, and only likely to lead to injuries. If he gets heavier as he gets older, fine, but I hope we don't force it. His position requires speed and agility, and I can't say I have seen him come up short either domestically or in Europe in terms of physicality. 

34 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Hope to god he doesn't. Absolutely no need, and only likely to lead to injuries. If he gets heavier as he gets older, fine, but I hope we don't force it. His position requires speed and agility, and I can't say I have seen him come up short either domestically or in Europe in terms of physicality. 

I think we should leave that up to the club & its staff. They know what they’re doing. 

57 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Have you ever seen Usain Bolt? Hardly built like a whippet and the fastest man in the world. The lad needs to build himself up in a sustainable manner to maximise his potential. It will make him faster, stonger and less prone to injury.

6 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Boy at work knows his Uncle well and his Dad a little. He says both are tanks, so Patterson will undoubtedly fill out as he gets older.

24 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Have you ever seen Usain Bolt? Hardly built like a whippet and the fastest man in the world. The lad needs to build himself up in a sustainable manner to maximise his potential. It will make him faster, stonger and less prone to injury.

It's not really directly comparable though, I don't think. Usain Bolt ran in a straight line for less than 10 seconds. He needed explosiveness out of the blocks and then to not slow down too quickly. Footballers change direction, stop and start constantly, and generally put lots of unnatural strain on their joints and tendons as it is. I just mean that it would be unwise to overdevelop him too quickly. At this point the most important muscle that needs to be developed for Patterson is the one between his ears. Whenever I hear this chat about "bulking up" it puts me in mind of what happened to Ronaldo and his knees.

16 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A few KG of muscle would do Patterson no harm at all, it would put him at comparable height and weight stats to the likes of Cancelo and Alphonso Davies, he is class but a bit of bulk won't do him any harm. 

Alphonso Davies is the same height and 3kg heavier than Patterson

It won't harm Patterson to lift weights but I've never seem the kid shirk a tackle never mind lose one.

57 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Boy at work knows his Uncle well and his Dad a little. He says both are tanks, so Patterson will undoubtedly fill out as he gets older.

Work towards a similar build to Barasic & he’ll be on the right path.  

2 hours ago, JamieD said:

It's not really directly comparable though, I don't think. Usain Bolt ran in a straight line for less than 10 seconds. He needed explosiveness out of the blocks and then to not slow down too quickly. Footballers change direction, stop and start constantly, and generally put lots of unnatural strain on their joints and tendons as it is. I just mean that it would be unwise to overdevelop him too quickly. At this point the most important muscle that needs to be developed for Patterson is the one between his ears. Whenever I hear this chat about "bulking up" it puts me in mind of what happened to Ronaldo and his knees.

I said to build him up in a sustainable manner. You do realise we have a sports science team? 

Nobody wants to turn him into a bodybuilder.

Wright has put on 7 kilo since joining us. All muscle and he has played better for us in his short spell than he ever did for the sheep.  Sports science!

16 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I said to build him up in a sustainable manner. You do realise we have a sports science team? 

Wright has put on 7 kilo since joining us. All muscle and he has played better for us in his short spell than he ever did for the sheep.  Sports science!

7 kilo weight gain ,some amount of coffee for that .

Defo has talent. Has the physical tools aswell, looks quick, gets up and down the park without much fuss. He just needs time. Thankfully we have a top class RB as our captain so there's no reason to rush the boy and incur the risk inherent in doing that with a player his age.

Its been pointed out guys like Rooney etc were 19 or so when they not only broke in but secured a position in the first team. Fair enough point but I stand by my assertion that whilst those player were very talented 19 year old you don't know their mentality at the time. Maybe they were mature enough as well as already having huge amounts of ability. I don't know Nathan Patterson so I can't tell you if he has the minerals but if anyone would know its our manager surely. He knows what he's doing. He handled Katie perfectly imo. Very difficult situation to manage with him being quite young, far from home then his old man get ill. Then look at what we got out of Katie second season in. Like I said, the manager knows what he's doing.

7 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Defo has talent. Has the physical tools aswell, looks quick, gets up and down the park without much fuss. He just needs time. Thankfully we have a top class RB as our captain so there's no reason to rush the boy and incur the risk inherent in doing that with a player his age.

Its been pointed out guys like Rooney etc were 19 or so when they not only broke in but secured a position in the first team. Fair enough point but I stand by my assertion that whilst those player were very talented 19 year old you don't know their mentality at the time. Maybe they were mature enough as well as already having huge amounts of ability. I don't know Nathan Patterson so I can't tell you if he has the minerals but if anyone would know its our manager surely. He knows what he's doing. He handled Katie perfectly imo. Very difficult situation to manage with him being quite young, far from home then his old man get ill. Then look at what we got out of Katie second season in. Like I said, the manager knows what he's doing.

Who's this Katie that's being flung about?

36 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

7 kilos :lol:

No he hasn't. Literally impossible to put on that in such a small period of time.

Archived