Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

Just now, Shuggy said:

A lot of opposition to this, let's see how "hard nosed" these businessmen are.

They genuinely wont give a fuck.

They would rather have a bunch of Indian and Chinese viewers tuning in to this if it makes more money than bothering to keep a few locals happy.

League associations and UEFA need to stick to their guns here. If they want to breakaway, follow through with kicking clubs out of their league's and banning players from national tournaments.

Let them have their closed off league and the rest of football can carry on without them. 

Unfortunately I still fully expect these associations and Uefa will find a middle ground. 

12 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

So most on here against it? 

Cant really see any grounds for being for it, its horrendous.

Think either the amercan and arab owners who understand fuck all about football have made a massive miscalculation on the response to this or are only doing it to hold a gun to uefa's head to get concessions.

I hope they do breakaway and are banned football will be much better 

Half of these clubs haven’t been relevant over the course of European football history 

Let the truly great clubs like Rangers, Ajax, Benfica, Red Star, Steaua, Malmö etc go back to being the biggest clubs and we’ll have a far more interesting competition. I hope we’re already on the front foot pushing for more influence in the ECA on the back of the resignations and departures from these clubs  

The more I'm seeing all these diddy Premier League clubs coming out raging the more I want it to go ahead

Clubs like Brighton, Wolves etc with absolutely zero history all spending ridiculous transfer fees because of the SKY money they got, are now raging that clubs bigger than them want to breakaway and make more money

The FA going tonto about owners not caring about the fans...the same FA that welcomed all the oil rich owners into the clubs like Chelsea/City when it suited their agenda to raise the English game

UEFA going crazy about clubs being greedy...the same UEFA that ignored their own FFP rules and handed paltry fines out to clubs breaking the rules instead of banning them..again because it wouldn't suit their agenda

List of irony impaired cunts goes on & on, the Premier League will collapse on itself if these clubs get booted (which they should) & they'll all come tumbling back down. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Butler said:

The likes of Leicester or Everton can win the EPL as many times as they like to become the 'top team', they're never going to be viewed at the same level as the teams in the ESL.

It’s in my lifetime when Everton were the top team in merseyside and they have won 4 titles since Spurs won the last one. They are a bigger club than Spurs who are a nothing club 

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Someone will need to remind me what business a government has in football?

Someone needs to remind you that if this shit show drains away all the money from European competition then it will seriously harm our club because you are dreaming if you think we will benefit in any way 

2 hours ago, Arrowtown Pie said:

In a way I hope it happens tbh.

I'd quite like the idea that some of these ' big' clubs could suffer points penalties, have relegation from the EPL and that their fans would desert them in droves.

Find the idea of Man United playing in the Championship in front of 15k at Old Trafford quite appealing.

Last time they went down they average over 48000 in the lower league. They may have a lot of glory hunters but they also have a very large core support