Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

Overall its a positive thing that those 2 have pulled out, the others will follow, some kicking/screaming more than others but it's dead and buried now. 

The overall issues still stand though, UEFA have even more power now than they did before all of this, a corrupt organisation at best. 

The 12 clubs, whilst they're getting dragged through the mud just now, also now know (if they didn't already) how much pull they have over the rest of the footballing world. They know their respective leagues need them whereas they don't need the Everton's, Fiorentina's, Villareal's of the world. It wont be long until Uefa/Fifa are out praising them and saying how great is is to have them involved.

Even if their owners/chairman step down, someone else with deep pockets will take over & nothing will change until there's a complete revamp of the stone age authorities in charge & some sort of control over the money involved in the game. 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

then fkn Slavia get Arsenals 🤬

If thats what needs to happen, it’s what needs to happen.  

wouldn’t worry anyway uefa wont have the balls to do that.

27 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Ajax are a bigger team than every club in England, Spain, Germany and Italy other than Man Utd, Liverpool, AC Milan, Juventus, Inter, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Bayern Munich.  By a country fucking mile and you could even argue they are bigger than some of the ones mentioned aswell.  

Agreed, they are European Royalty. 

3 minutes ago, CooperSF said:

72FCB72B-F6E9-451F-93DB-5FABA5F5B174.jpeg

The latest on Barca & Atletico...

Guillem Balague

Spanish football journalist

Barcelona around two and a half hours ago started leaking to us 'we were into this, but it has to be approved by the season tickets holder assembly'.

When a board at Barcelona want something to go through it usually goes through. But this is their excuse to say we only signed on this provision.

I spoke to Atletico Madrid an hour or so ago and they said they don't expect anything to happen but things are moving quickly.

18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Still think all the twelve clubs should get a massive fine and potential bans from Europe for a season for bringing the game into disrepute tbh.

I said this to someone else tonight, I don't think the types of sanctions they would impose are worthwhile.

What actually needs to be introduced is an independent regulator to hold these greedy fuckers to account. 

Fan ownership needs to be discussed and a similar model to German Clubs introduced.

Fining / Points Deductions / Banning from Tournaments hurts the players & fans too much who clearly never had anything to do with this whole shitshow. 

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I was convinced there would be some form of super league in my lifetime, now I know there won’t be ever.  But football and European competition does need reformed in some way now.  Bigger teams from the so called poorer leagues need to be given more of a chance to compete in Europe. 

Want a super league?

Give Ajax, Benfica, Dortmund, Porto, PSV, Rangers, celtic, PSG, Marseille, etc the opportunity to compete on equal financial terms.

Also promotion and relegation through winning the CL or a form of it is the only way it could work in my eyes.

far too much involved for my mind, but it would need 20 clubs, not 12, and not just from 3 leagues.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

I said this to someone else tonight, I don't think the types of sanctions they would impose are worthwhile.

What actually needs to be introduced is an independent regulator to hold these greedy fuckers to account. 

Fan ownership needs to be discussed and a similar model to German Clubs introduced.

Fining / Points Deductions / Banning from Tournaments hurts the players & fans too much who clearly never had anything to do with this whole shitshow. 

The racism ban for that cunt Kudela was a joke. Do you think they will get this right mate? No confidence in these cunts at UEFA at all. 

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

You can't force clubs to hand over a 51% share to the fans. It would need to be bought, and what fan groups could raise the hundreds of millions required to buy a share that big?