Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

Just now, GA1972 said:

Always liked Ajax, closest thing I have to a 2nd team 

Always hated Real Madrid and Juventus and thought they were scum for as long as I can remember 

Bayern Munich and PSG being the good guys is something I didn’t see coming however 

PSG are far from being the good guys. They stayed due to their affiliation and investment in UEFA and FIFA.

Bayern would never be allowed to join.

9 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

It baffles me that some of the statements seem to mention a wider scale problem. The problem with football has been these clubs, spending over excessive amounts of money on transfers and wages, they only have themselves to blame for the mountains of debt they find themselves in. The sooner they wake up and smell the coffee the better.

What I find mental particularly from JP Morgan’s point of view is these clubs are already some of them 1 Billion in the hole to the bank and they won’t stop spending for a couple of seasons to balance the books. Why do you think giving them even more money is a good idea? Real Madrid have a mountain of debt and they’re still trying to buy Mbappe and Haland for likely astronomical amounts of money. Barcelona tying themselves up financially to the point they have donkeys like Martin Braithwaite just to keep one ageing player happy 

10 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Arsenal the only one showing a bit of contrition, damage limitation now ...

"We know it will take time to restore your faith in what we are trying to achieve here at Arsenal"

:lol: 

Don't think any Arsenal fan has had any faith in Kroenke since he walked in the door, let alone having any idea what he's trying to achieve!  

Just now, esquire8 said:

Barcelona, Juventus, Real, Milan and Inter were still wanting it to go ahead despite Man City leaving. 

As I said mate it was a really bold prediction that you made and I'm proud of you that it happened.

6 minutes ago, MisterC said:

What an absolute shambles. I hope uefa throw the book at them but money does talk so it won't be too stiff a punishment. 

This champions league reform should be binned, keep the format but more places for actual champions and less places for the big 5s also rans

All 6 should be relegated. 

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Barcelona, Juventus, Real, Milan and Inter were still wanting it to go ahead despite Man City leaving. 

Course they were, the 2 Spanish need the money, the Milan clubs would love that kind of money and Juventus seem almost proud of displaying the fact that they’re the (2nd) scummiest club on the planet at any opportunity 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

What I find mental particularly from JP Morgan’s point of view is these clubs are already some of them 1 Billion in the hole to the bank and they won’t stop spending for a couple of seasons to balance the books. Why do you think giving them even more money is a good idea? Real Madrid have a mountain of debt and they’re still trying to buy Mbappe and Haland for likely astronomical amounts of money 

Aye there amongst the worse, was looking up there finances a bit last night. 10 players who are on over £200K a week, a weekly wage bill of around £4M and chuck in they pay Bale £300K a week to play for Spurs. No wonder their fucked and that old fud Perez was on Spanish TV crying about being losing £400M no fucking wonder.

Just now, GA1972 said:

Course they were, the 2 Spanish need the money, the Milan clubs would love that kind of money and Juventus seem almost proud of displaying the fact that they’re the (2nd) scummiest club on the planet at any opportunity 

The cheek of Milan to say that they were leaving it minutes after it had been dissolved. Any other team trying to save face by saying they "left" are lying.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The audience is not nearly as great without the English teams imo.

Who else would they get to sign up with Bayern, PSG, Dortmund, Porto and Sevilla all saying no?

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

The audience is not nearly as great without the English teams imo.

Who else would they get to sign up with Bayern, PSG, Dortmund, Porto and Sevilla all saying no?

Sevilla?  Have I missed this?

4 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Aye there amongst the worse, was looking up there finances a bit last night. 10 players who are on over £200K a week, a weekly wage bill of around £4M and chuck in they pay Bale £300K a week to play for Spurs. No wonder their fucked and that old fud Perez was on Spanish TV crying about being losing £400M no fucking wonder.

Can’t put into words how much I’ve always hated that cunt 

Wanker of the highest order and I hope he gets thrush