Breakaway European Super League

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

No thanks.  Will ruin football.  

6 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

We'd be in George Square setting off fireworks right now.

Aren't they looking for an additional three permanent team's? 

Personally, it's a load of old shit. That said, I'm in favour if the governing bodies grow some balls and see out their threats. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a 400m loss should result in penalties not an invite to a lucrative new league. 

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Monkey Butler said:

Are all the world's best players going to join mid level teams on reduced wages just so they can keep playing in international tournaments every 2/4 years?

Are the 'super clubs' going to make up the literal millions players are paid by sponsors in the run up to the WC/Euros to plug their products?

Just now, GOAT said:

No thanks.  Will ruin football.  

Aye, I'd be heartbroken at the thought of missing out on our traditional fixtures against Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock etc, and the thrill of seeing the likes of Dundee Utd being promoted. And fuck sharing a 3.5 billion a year pot when we could be sharing a 125 million pot over 5 years. 

Hadron Collider likes this

Aye, I'd be heartbroken at the thought of missing out on our traditional fixtures against Aberdeen, Hibs, Kilmarnock etc, and the thrill of seeing the likes of Dundee Utd being promoted. And fuck sharing a 3.5 billion a year pot when we could be sharing a 125 million pot over 5 years. 

Sell out.

The UEFA statement released about 30 minutes ago must've been written by somebody who doesn't understand irony...

Comments about 'self serving proposals', 'fuelled by greed' etc...

Literally everything their organisation has been built on for decades, ran by cunts who have no idea about anything other than the money slipped into the wallets. For good/bad, UEFAs only issue with it is they don't like the idea of somebody else running it & ruining their flagship competitions.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

The UEFA statement released about 30 minutes ago must've been written by somebody who doesn't understand irony...

Comments about 'self serving proposals', 'fuelled by greed' etc...

Literally everything their organisation has been built on for decades, ran by cunts who have no idea about anything other than the money slipped into the wallets. For good/bad, UEFAs only issue with it is they don't like the idea of somebody else running it & ruining their flagship competitions.

Was just going to post something the same mate. Fucking Uefa, hypocritical cunts! 

Valance1690 likes this

well we'd either still be in the SPFL and other domestic competitions or we'd be out of scottish football completely and likely never win another title again. we can't compete with clubs like barcelona, real madrid, liverpool, juventus, etc even if we did get in.

Telegraph:

An anonymous board member for one the English Super League clubs has spoken to Sky Sports to describe the proposals not as "civil war [but] it's a nuclear war."

In an extremely inflammatory statement, the anonymous exec said: “Our job is to maximise our revenues. The wider good of the game is a secondary concern. The clubs don’t care about the backlash and opinions of the fans."

TheFamousPigeon likes this
Just now, BillyG91 said:

well we'd either still be in the SPFL and other domestic competitions or we'd be out of scottish football completely and likely never win another title again. we can't compete with clubs like barcelona, real madrid, liverpool, juventus, etc even if we did get in.

Gutted. In 51 years time there's a chance Aberdeen might have caught up to us.

If we had the same money as these other clubs then there is no reason to suggest we couldn't compete. Only our geography might go against us when attracting the best players, but the same thing could be said for the teams in the North of England.

21 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

Mate, we will be cut out the champions League in the next 5 years anyway, nothing surer. Scottish football isn't a priority or a money maker for UEFA.

6 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

In all seriousness would our fan base go for this.

I personally don't like the idea but would tune in if Rangers were in it not bothered about it if we are not.

Absolutely not 149 years of history down the toilet. 

sRcFoCt likes this

Personally i hate this.

I liked the idea of the Atlantic league because it sat on top of the football pyramid. There could be promotion and relegation and it minimised fucking over the leagues we were leaving. I just think that we took such pride in the journey and helping out smaller clubs that if (and we wont) we were asked to join, it would shit all over that.

This Super League is a closed doors, boys only, money grabbing piece of shit...and i hope every club who signs up to it is expelled from their parent association and that i falls flat on it's arse and fails.

TheFamousPigeon likes this