Jump to content

Breakaway European Super League


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a 400m loss should result in penalties not an invite to a lucrative new league. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To do what? Stand waving a sign saying rip football? 

What exactly are you taking to the streets to do in your wee made up scenario 

Complain. Same reason anyone does when they demonstrate. I mean, it's not like I haven't done it for football reasons before. Don't confuse 'you wouldn't' with 'nobody would'.

'You're wee made up scenario' is an unusually petted lip look for you btw, Billy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I still can’t believe what I’m reading about all of this tbh. 
 

The cheek of these cunts creating a closed shop competition and thinking they can still play in their own domestic league and everybody will just need to suck it up is absolutely incredible. 

But without them the financing will drain out of the domestic leagues and clubs will start to go to the wall under crippling debts.

You reap what you sow, and the seeds of this were sown by the FA a long time ago. Maybe they should have had more control over who was allowed to buy the clubs? Or maybe they were just happy to take the cash...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prso's headband said:

I still can’t believe what I’m reading about all of this tbh. 
 

The cheek of these cunts creating a closed shop competition and thinking they can still play in their own domestic league and everybody will just need to suck it up is absolutely incredible. 

That's their arrogance showing through, believing that they are bigger than the league system and can pick and choose when to play. 

Unfortunately I don't think the league's will kick them out and they will get some sort of preferential treatment by UEFA. I hope that UEFA and the likes of the PL are strong enough to just ban them but I can see them getting rewarded in some form.

TEFTONG and Malkytfp1 like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

But without them the financing will drain out of the domestic leagues and clubs will start to got to the wall under crippling debts.

You reap what you sow, and the seeds of this were sown by the FA a long time ago. Maybe they should have had more control over who was allowed to buy the clubs? Or maybe they were just happy to take the cash...

Why would the financing go? They’ve made it clear that JP Morgan is financing this and that Dazn are going to be broadcasters as well so there’s still going to be plenty of companies and broadcasters looking for the premier league etc. 
 

The buying of the clubs is always something they turned a blind eye too so they do deserve I think it’s mental it’s come to this though and the arrogance of them saying they basically don’t care get it up yees is honestly amazing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prso's headband said:

Why would the financing go? They’ve made it clear that JP Morgan is financing this and that Dazn are going to be broadcasters as well so there’s still going to be plenty of companies and broadcasters looking for the premier league etc. 
 

The buying of the clubs is always something they turned a blind eye too so they do deserve I think it’s mental it’s come to this though and the arrogance of them saying they basically don’t care get it up yees is honestly amazing 

Sky and/or BT aren't going to pay billions for a TV deal to show mid and low level league teams. The deal will be a fraction of what it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monkey Butler said:

Sky and/or BT aren't going to pay billions for a TV deal to show mid and low level league teams. The deal will be a fraction of what it was.

Aye they won’t pay billions but they’ll still pay because these teams then become the “top teams”. I honestly think the super league will turn into glorified friendlies not even played at home grounds and people will mostly want to watch competitive football over that. 
 

It’s crazy tbh mate, you’ve got rivalries in this league playing each other constantly all season. Soulless. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Monkey Butler said:

Sky and/or BT aren't going to pay billions for a TV deal to show mid and low level league teams. The deal will be a fraction of what it was.

This is why it's suddenly not an incredibly unrealistic prospect that they might turn to us and them and parachute us in. In a world where the top 6 have left/are kicked out, they'd need every bit of revenue they can get.

This entire situation is a shitshow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Prso's headband said:

Aye they won’t pay billions but they’ll still pay because these teams then become the “top teams”. I honestly think the super league will turn into glorified friendlies not even played at home grounds and people will mostly want to watch competitive football over that. 
 

It’s crazy tbh mate, you’ve got rivalries in this league playing each other constantly all season. Soulless. 

The likes of Leicester or Everton can win the EPL as many times as they like to become the 'top team', they're never going to be viewed at the same level as the teams in the ESL.

Prso's headband likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 12 May 2021 17:00 Until 19:00
      0  
      Livingston v Rangers
      Tony Macaroni Arena
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...