Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Stale Solbakken the Norway manager

"In the past few years Juventus has been knocked out by Lyon, Porto and Ajax. Why the fuck do they want to be in that competition. Spurs and Arsenal arent even top 20 teams in Europe at the moment."

spurs are 7th and arsenal currently 10th in their league spurs have not won the league for 60 years  the whole thing is a joke and just pure greed

I can’t find a single comment from any fans of the 12 clubs that want it. It’s practically unanimous outrage. If so, I can’t fathom the business model for this. Fans aren’t going to buy tickets to the games and a lot of people in Europe who they were counting on to buy tv packages to view it are not going to either. How is it going to be self funding and profitable??

One thing for sure is that both systems are not going to co exist in a good way for long. As much as uefa and fifa are a million miles from perfect, that’s the boat we are in and don’t want this boat to sink.

The super rich, invite only, boys club boat is the one that needs to go down.

28 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

UEFA are fucked, this super League will destroy them 

Nope.

The yank club owners esp who are used to being entitled and having no relegation in NFL  dont understand football and they are not prepared for the backlash they will now face, from fans, from Uefa, from the EPL , the FA and the government.

When global football tv markets are sick of the same 12 teams playing each other ad nausium this will flop are the 12 clubs will have to go crawling back to their leagues and Uefa.,

Their naked greed and sense of self entitlement will fuck them.

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Iv'e hated Man City for years now,but being the founding club in all this, tells us everything we need to know.

No matter what happens . I hope there is no way back for this fucking shower

Thought they were a decent club way back in the 80's/early 90's. In division 3 of the old league and were still pulling in crowds of 25/30k. 

Haven't liked them for a number of years now and hate seeing them do well. 

7 minutes ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

Nope.

The yank club owners esp who are used to being entitled and having no relegation in NFL  dont understand football and they are not prepared for the backlash they will now face, from fans, from Uefa, from the EPL , the FA and the government.

When global football tv markets are sick of the same 12 teams playing each other ad nausium this will flop are the 12 clubs will have to go crawling back to their leagues and Uefa.,

Their naked greed and sense of self entitlement will fuck them.

You would hope so, but i seen a clip earlier with cunts sitting in Shanghai saying they're all for it, cunts with money ...but fuck all else in a traditional fan sense, though sadly to these current owners, it's all about money ...

Surprised i'm so annoyed about all this, can't understand anyone on this thread is seems to think it's okay.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

You would hope so, but i seen a clip earlier with cunts sitting in Shanghai saying they're all for it, cunts with money ...but fuck all else in a traditional fan sense, though sadly to these current owners, it's all about money ...

Surprised i'm so annoyed about all this, can't understand anyone on this thread is seems to think it's okay.

Most of these EPLs 6 that want to break away stadiums are full of fucking tourists, so they are already half way there to having lost their "real" fanbase. They've all driven the heart and soul out of their clubs to an extent anyway, why not go the whole hog. :raging:

UEFA is fucked no matter how this turns out. 

IMO the only way for them is to stop pulling down their pants when the big teams come to visit and stand up to them. They created this monster alongside the EFL, Spanish League and Italian One. They gave more money to the big clubs to keep them happy, making the gap between them and the others even greater.

FFS, the Super League clubs have agreed terms with UEFA friday, when ECA agreed the new format for the CL. The chairman of ECA was that Agnelli from Juventus, that resigned last night from ECA only to be a vice chairman to the SUPER LEAGUE.

Fuck them. The only way to stand up to them is a massive boicot from all fans but then, UEFA is fucked cause they cannot continue acting like they do now.

The biggest issue will be stopping any player/coach/refs transfer to the superleague. The money will be hard to refuse but that's the only way football as we know it will survive. 

If not, they'll be like the NFL or NBA, and the old leagues will be like the NCAA, where a lot of clubs compete but all the players have one goal , that being of playing in the big league. 

I bet that if they mannage to pull it off, in a few years I bet they will manage to impose a salary cap as they will be the biggest fish in the pond.

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

And had this super league nonsense not arisen, I would’ve been resigned to accepting that Gerrard would be on his way to Anfield. But under these circumstances? No chance.

Gerrard isn’t daft. He knows he’ll get his opportunity and he knows if Klopp was to walk, at the end of the season on principle, that for him to take the job under FSG in this climate would be nothing short of a betrayal of the Liverpool support.

Steven Gerrard will never have dreamed of managing Liverpool in a ‘European Super League’...

If he’s of a similar mind to his big mate Jamie Carragher then I think you’re bang on the money, Carragher was scathing of FSG on SSN earlier.

g

7 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Of course they are mate but for how long? when the novelty wears off it will be a borefest, these cunts have no idea about what makes football special.

All it will take is for all of football to stand up to these cunts, my fear is the EPL will bottled it big time and bend over for them.