Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

32 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

just remember, if the esl does go ahead and the clubs officially get booted from their own domestic leagues as well as all uefa official tournaments then that means they will have to farm and blood their own players, they wont be allowed to sign players from other leagues.

beautiful

Why wouldn’t they be allowed to sign .

All that would change would be a player transferring to a different code .

A bit like Rugby League and Rugby Union .

Wether a player can return to UEFA and FIFA affiliated teams may be a problem though .

4 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

What’s the reaction from around Europe? I’ve not actually seen anything apart from comments from UK based people.

It's the same everywhere. In Italy some clubs asked the league for expulsion of the 3 italian teams .

1 minute ago, Mongolul said:

It's the same everywhere. In Italy some clubs asked the league for expulsion of the 3 italian teams .

Imagine being an Inter fan, about to win their first league in 10 year after Juventus dominating and your club ruining it by this. If this goes through it will be worth fuck all.

23 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Such a shite way of trying to justify this shambolic amount of greed.

Aye mate, gets worse when you drill down. 

They could afford to pay a squad of 100 players £400k/wk....... each. 

EDIT: disregard this, seems its a shared pot and not per club payment.  :headwall:

Just now, magic8ball said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere as I haven’t went right through the thread .

Im pretty sure FIFA own the Laws  of the games so any break away may have to change something .Ie size of goals ,or face being sued .

Was discussing this with someone today. It's FIFA in conjunction with the SFA, FA, IFA and FAW that own them, although i'm not too clued up on whether they can ban an organisation from using them by enforcing copyright etc. 

14 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

So 55% of >£4B then? 

That's still a massive fuckin £2.2B+ wage bill. They have detached from reality man. 

:lol:

Each team gets £310m, not £4bn. £4bn is the total for the 12 teams. JB Morgan financing this to the tune of £4.6bn along with DAZN adding £3bn for worldwide tv rights.

£310m is still around £100m more than what the 6 get from both EPL and Champions League.

Barca & Inter were always going to sign up due to the amount of debt they have. I'd assume a few Clubs thought this was just a proposal to pressure Uefa around their CL proposals.

But it seems to be a goer. 

I think it'll happen at some point in our lifetime, but I can't (really don't want) to see it like this. 

I'd imagine the only hope of leaving it in tatters is English fans pressurising their Clubs. If they'll really give a fuck is a different question.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Each team gets £310m, not £4bn. £4bn is the total for the 12 teams. JB Morgan financing this to the tune of £4.6bn along with DAZN adding £3bn for worldwide tv rights.

Oh, I thought it was a €3.5b payment to each 'founder' on top of their regular revenues?

Still an horrific amount of money if what you say is right mate. 

:ang:

9 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was discussing this with someone today. It's FIFA in conjunction with the SFA, FA, IFA and FAW that own them, although i'm not too clued up on whether they can ban an organisation from using them by enforcing copyright etc. 

There will undoubtedly be tweaks in the rules to get round this I would reckon ,One I reckon is a cert would be playing the game in quarters rather than halves .The yanks have wanted that for years .

16 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned anywhere as I haven’t went right through the thread .

Im pretty sure FIFA own the Laws  of the games so any break away may have to change something .Ie size of goals ,or face being sued .

They would happily change the rules 

honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it goes ahead and down the line we see half time being an hour long or something and breaks in each half all to ram as much advertising to the viewer as possible . 

3 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There will undoubtedly be tweaks in the rules to get round this I would reckon ,One I reckon is a cert would be playing the game in quarters rather than halves .The yanks have wanted that for years .

More advertising airtime means that will likely happen.   

Never understood why they don't have the attention span to focus on a game in any sport for more than 15 fucking minutes at a time over there.   :lol:

10 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Barca & Inter were always going to sign up due to the amount of debt they have. I'd assume a few Clubs thought this was just a proposal to pressure Uefa around their CL proposals.

But it seems to be a goer. 

I think it'll happen at some point in our lifetime, but I can't (really don't want) to see it like this. 

I'd imagine the only hope of leaving it in tatters is English fans pressurising their Clubs. If they'll really give a fuck is a different question.

These self proclaimed super clubs have been pressing UEFA for years regarding the distribution of money .UEFA and FIFA keep a substantial amount for themselves from tournaments .A lot goes back in via investment in grass roots via local associations such as the SFA .

I know where your coming RE fans pressuring clubs to kick this idea into touch .But I don’t think these owners give a fuck .Lose a few local fans but will gain more fans from the worldwide audiences .

29 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Aye mate, gets worse when you drill down. 

They could afford to pay a squad of 100 players £400k/wk....... each. 

EDIT: disregard this, seems its a shared pot and not per club payment.  :headwall:

Even with that, that wid cover 25 players at over £100000 and that's before any other money they wid get