Breakaway European Super League

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a 400m loss should result in penalties not an invite to a lucrative new league. 

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

So if you are an average fan of any of the six clubs that have signed up for this shite you can forget attendance at games unless you are prepared to fork out probably £100 a game minimum.  There will be a closed shop of rich fans who will sit and watch games whilst chomping on the prawn sandwiches.  Hospitality packages will go through the roof. 

That's basically the upper 50% of the EPL right now anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Bayern Munich have told them to go fuck themselves apparently 

They are a fan owned club I believe as is the German model so that makes sense ...not sure if other clubs with similar models like Barcelona will though. They are desperate for cash. 

There will always be world class players at high prices. That will never change.  But ever since the EPL model the price of average players has been driven to sky high levels. Clubs are in huge debt in massive breach of financial fair play and get away with it because they are UEFA favourites so it’s one rule for them and another for the rest. We’ve been both culpable of this and victims...This is yet more greed that will only drive prices higher still and exclude many clubs and fans. It’s a private party of greed. How long will ordinary fans bankroll this, local Clubs only in name with no soul or attachment to their areas or communities. They are happy to hang their national game and compatriots out to dry, and create a two tier system that prevents other clubs having any route of entry of money. Any clubs that do this should be cast asunder with no way back, no international caps for their players and no eligibility for European or FIFA tournaments.

34 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Guarantee clubs like United and Liverpool would love to end up playing games all across the world in this Super League. Special games in Asia, America etc, fleecing tourists and casuals for everything. You'd probably end up with them marketing their home games at their actual stadiums as special 'homecoming games' or some such shit as if it were a special event.

Football that doesn't involve Rangers is shit and getting worse every day.

Outside of Scotland and that's not even guaranteed, I can't remember the last game I properly watched that wasn't us. 

tm91 likes this
19 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Not really, I pay £37 for tickets at Anfield.

Very modest in comparison to Arsenal, Spurs, City, United. Cheapest hospitality for the Manchester Derby a few seasons back was £400 per head and that was the bare minimum package. 

53 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

UEFA run a competition called " The Champions League" but it actually has fuck all to do with champions. They're in no position to criticise anyone for being money whores.

True but it’s competitive and works within the pyramids of each Country. Using coefficients to give other Countries a sporting chance .Weighted in favour of the big clubs .Absolutely .Corrupt .Likely but this breakaway would be a farce and mostly likely cause havoc within the game 

Unless .......see previous post  

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Very modest in comparison to Arsenal, Spurs, City, United. Cheapest hospitality for the Manchester Derby a few seasons back was £400 per head and that was the bare minimum package. 

But you could still get a ticket for £24 in the top tier of the North Stand.  I went with a mate and that's what I paid.

You are right that the big EPL clubs try to maximise their income but as things stand there are still some decent priced tickets available.  

Decent priced tickets will be a thing of the past if this shite goes ahead.   

59 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

So if you are an average fan of any of the six clubs that have signed up for this shite you can forget attendance at games unless you are prepared to fork out probably £100 a game minimum.  There will be a closed shop of rich fans who will sit and watch games whilst chomping on the prawn sandwiches.  Hospitality packages will go through the roof. 

Just can’t see this being 6 clubs mate. This will need more teams. 

1 hour ago, Rangers#1 said:

Just trying to strong-arm UEFA for more power imo.

Definitely it's a power play. 

It's not a coincidence this getting announced the same week UEFA was planning to announce champions league changes.

I'm expecting a deal will get struck and these clubs will get what they want. 

Rangers#1 and TamCoopz like this
1 hour ago, EMRFC said:

But the problem is we aren’t getting an invite, which is why we shouldn’t support it. Most the money we make on the pitch comes from European competition, which would be massively impacted by this bollocks league.

Exactly that.

We aren't getting an invite - and it will be near impossible for us ever to - which ruins the essence of what football is about.

I'm not opposed to a European League as such, but it cannot be a closed shop invite only. That is not what football is about, there has to be promotion and relegation. There has to be a way to the top and glory for everyone, from the village team in Central Romania to Real and Barcelona.