Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

33 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

There's a fair percentage of fans who don't realise one of those stars are ours. I dare say it's the same for Brugge. 

Precisely. But I would add if the respective leagues etc ban these clubs they can only be members again by starting in the lowest tier of the countries professional leagues. I am really angry about this not that I have any affiliation with any of these clubs but the whole manner in which this has been conducted.

"The Guardian has uncovered an unpublished European Super League document in the hidden code of its new website which seeks to justify the controversial breakaway by saying it will give fans “what they want”.

............ The document says that while Uefa and the Premier League have made “good faith” attempts to improve things, fundamental change is needed. “It is a new format that will sustain the drama, passion and most importantly, the unpredictability that is the lifeblood of our sport,” the document claims. “We believe it will be the most dynamic and competitive sports league in the world.

“At its heart, this is a comprehensive solution to the critical issues facing the sport. It starts with the fans of the game, giving them what they want and deserve; the best players and the world’s top clubs competing with each other throughout the year.”

The Super League did not comment when the Guardian contacted but it later hid the code after we published the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/revealed-unpublished-super-league-document-justifying-breakaway

28 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

"The Guardian has uncovered an unpublished European Super League document in the hidden code of its new website which seeks to justify the controversial breakaway by saying it will give fans “what they want”.

............ The document says that while Uefa and the Premier League have made “good faith” attempts to improve things, fundamental change is needed. “It is a new format that will sustain the drama, passion and most importantly, the unpredictability that is the lifeblood of our sport,” the document claims. “We believe it will be the most dynamic and competitive sports league in the world.

“At its heart, this is a comprehensive solution to the critical issues facing the sport. It starts with the fans of the game, giving them what they want and deserve; the best players and the world’s top clubs competing with each other throughout the year.”

The Super League did not comment when the Guardian contacted but it later hid the code after we published the story.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/revealed-unpublished-super-league-document-justifying-breakaway

I think when they say “fans” they really mean viewers. If you’re a fan you watch the game regardless of who you’re playing. 

At the top level this is one of the final moves towards becoming purely entertainment.

Match day income is less relevant to these big clubs as they earn huge sums in TV rights. It's probably why the owners dont give a fuck about 'legacy' fans. They'll just charge the same amount for virtual tickets. 

I think DAZN have already bought the TV rights for the super league too. 

I think the whole episode is hilarious. Watching the absolute hypocrites in the media, premier league and uefa. Reap what you sow mother fuckers. 

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mental that a Liverpool Man Utd game home leg will be in Dubai or some shit. 

Look how easy it was to sort neutral venues for the CL this season. With twice the money they’ll be able to play the games anywhere. 

They won’t call that a home leg 

24 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I can see some of these sides having virtual fan sections at games even when people can attend in the next few years, fucking boak, a total play at the Fifa generation

Spurs ultras coming soon. 

image.thumb.png.1b4bd57e253d70f9612b5ed76cc223c0.png

:lol: amazing

13 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

That argument could just as easily be used by Aberdeen or Hibs to say get rid of the Old Firm as they will have more chance of winning. 

I personally want Rangers to compete against the best sides, with history and tradition in competitions but it has to be a level playing field. The CL or EPL would 100% be devalued without those sides. I feel sympathy with the fans of these clubs and some of the players who are being led this way by corrupt owners. Some clubs will always have more money. That will never change. The point is that many of those clubs have been treated to a different standard by the governing bodies. Allowed to operate with sky high debts when others have been punished. This is partly due to collusion between corrupt owners and UEFA etc who are all beginning to reap what they have sown. The interview with Florintino Perez of Real Madrid was embarrassing, basically saying they need to do this as their debt is so high and costs of players are going up. Don’t buy the players, sell them, don’t pay wages you can’t afford. Unless it is reigned in it is an unsustainable model. It is arrogance, just because we are Real Madrid we must always have the best players etc. This attitude, assisted by Uefa is why clubs like Steau Bucharest, Dynamo Kiev etc now do nothing in Europe when previously they were big players. It’s why it is almost impossible now for the Old Firm to make any significant impact in the CL.  

Having almost lost our club and seen the actions of those who didn’t have own best interests at heart, it doesn’t really give me any pleasure to see the fans of other big clubs treated this way either. You could feel the pain from Milner and Klopp last night. Those clubs should be punished but it will take action from within, and people possibly prepared to walk out on clubs to try and stop it and enforce ownership changes etc. They need cleansed and purged of these owners and fans need to take these clubs back. 

Post of the day 👍

26 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

That argument could just as easily be used by Aberdeen or Hibs to say get rid of the Old Firm as they will have more chance of winning. 

I personally want Rangers to compete against the best sides, with history and tradition in competitions but it has to be a level playing field. The CL or EPL would 100% be devalued without those sides. I feel sympathy with the fans of these clubs and some of the players who are being led this way by corrupt owners. Some clubs will always have more money. That will never change. The point is that many of those clubs have been treated to a different standard by the governing bodies. Allowed to operate with sky high debts when others have been punished. This is partly due to collusion between corrupt owners and UEFA etc who are all beginning to reap what they have sown. The interview with Florintino Perez of Real Madrid was embarrassing, basically saying they need to do this as their debt is so high and costs of players are going up. Don’t buy the players, sell them, don’t pay wages you can’t afford. Unless it is reigned in it is an unsustainable model. It is arrogance, just because we are Real Madrid we must always have the best players etc. This attitude, assisted by Uefa is why clubs like Steau Bucharest, Dynamo Kiev etc now do nothing in Europe when previously they were big players. It’s why it is almost impossible now for the Old Firm to make any significant impact in the CL.  

Having almost lost our club and seen the actions of those who didn’t have own best interests at heart, it doesn’t really give me any pleasure to see the fans of other big clubs treated this way either. You could feel the pain from Milner and Klopp last night. Those clubs should be punished but it will take action from within, and people possibly prepared to walk out on clubs to try and stop it and enforce ownership changes etc. They need cleansed and purged of these owners and fans need to take these clubs back. 

It’s the exact stance a lot of the fans of other clubs have had when there’s been any mention of us moving down south or to a breakaway European league with the other big clubs from the smaller nations.

22 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Excellent post 👍

UEFA and the football associations have created these monsters. They welcomed billionaire owners with open arms. Remember when UEFA brought FFP in and it was supposed to level the playing field lol. The best example of how weak that was is Man City. They shouldn't be in the champions league this season under FFP rules but got it overturned with ease.  If UEFA had actually taking serious action against these clubs they wouldn't be in this mess. But they bent over backwards to keep them happy. 

What last few days has showing me is German football have the best model. Owners like this can only buy up to 49%, while the other 51% is fan owned. 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

They won’t call that a home leg 

Maybe not but I do suspect that the games will get played around the world particularly Far East, USA and Africa. 

Bit like NFL games in London and MLB at Birmingham. 

That is if this ever happens. The negative response might result in these clubs having second thoughts.