Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Have no idea how anybody could not have a dislike towards Sky or the EPL considering them and clubs like United whoring themselves out to glory hunters in Asia, Africa, America etc is the reason why Scottish football is where it is and the gap and standard between Scotland and England is as big as ever. TV money has been monopolised by Sky and has had a knock on affect with UEFA doing similar for greed and it just continues to make the big clubs richer and richer and massive clubs like ourselves, Ajax etc get shafted whilst no hoppers like Sheffield United can spend hundreds of millions each.

We were extremely instrumental through Murray and Ogilvie in starting this ball rolling back in the early 90s though alongside clubs like AC Milan.

Much of Murray's early reign we were actively investigating things like a Super League. We did things like complain about the three foreigner rule and the fact we had to qualify from Round 1 for the 93/94 league when we had done so well the year before. We actively sought out things like using a seeding system to qualify automatically for the group stages. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We were extremely instrumental through Murray and Ogilvie in starting this ball rolling back in the early 90s though alongside clubs like AC Milan.

Much of Murray's early reign we were actively investigating things like a Super League. We did things like complain about the three foreigner rule and the fact we had to qualify from Round 1 for the 93/94 league when we had done so well the year before. We actively sought out things like using a seeding system to qualify automatically for the group stages. 

Did we ever push for a league with no relegation and handpicked clubs? I'm honestly still furious about it, I'd happily watch all these clubs kicked out of every competition.

20 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Hope teams across Europe boycott these cunts when they come to play.

That's a really good idea.  If every team, at every level of football, signed on and announced that they would refuse to play them in future.  If you end up with hundreds of teams telling them to get to fuck, it kind of brings into focus who has the better game.  And all of those teams win solidarity with their own fans.

3 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

That's a really good idea.  If every team, at every level of football, signed on and announced that they would refuse to play them in future.  If you end up with hundreds of teams telling them to get to fuck, it kind of brings into focus who has the better game.  And all of those teams win solidarity with their own fans.

Be even better if it all crumbles and every other team in their domestic leagues just boycotts the games against them. Fans, directors, chairmen etc. Just let them turn up to a soulless stadium like they wished for anyway 

1 hour ago, Brackley said:

Hypocrit.

Didn't hear him spout that view when the "big" leagues got 4 teams automatically into the group stages when genuine champions of other leagues have to go through three or four qualifying rounds.

Do four automatically go in now?

I remember it was three and the fourth place team had to qualify....if so when did it change mate?

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Just shows how much attention I have paid to the champions league over the last few years

Don't think I have watched a game from KO to final whistle which hasn't include us for the best part of 20 years. Dont even watch CL highlights programme anymore unless we are invved in the group stages. 

26 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I've seen taigs in the last day or so try to attribute that quote to Jock Stein lol. 

I’m pretty sure neither of them actually said it as either club like to portray it on their banners and statues  . But Jock stein did say the statement which both quotes seem have taken their myth from .

"Without fans who pay at the turnstile, football is nothing” that was what he actually said 

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

All 14 premier league chiefs completely reject the 6. Looking into dealing with them this season.

Henderson leading a captains meeting tonight for the 14.

Could be looking at a full revolt of the 6 and teams refusing to play against them until they are out.

The 14 teams in EPL are pissing into the wind.

The only thing that stops this is fans and players at these clubs.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I still think Chelsea and City will withdraw.

The English clubs with American owners less likely as it looks like a ‘soccer’ version of NFL.

Think City are definitely looking at their options. Chelsea look like they are still all in. Though Perez said that no team can withdraw now but Perez is a lying piece of shit.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The 14 teams in EPL are pissing into the wind.

The only thing that stops this is fans and players at these clubs.

Well the fans are all against it and the players look like they are set to lock them out. 

Feel slight pity for those playing for the 6 that have high morale standing. Victims to a crime they haven't committed.

You  can see the way this is going. The ESL wont happen but UEFA will bend over and take it up the arse again and give them what they want, set in stone places every year in the champions league for some and more games between the so called "big teams". You just know everyone else will get shafted.

Just now, MurrayWilson said:

You  can see the way this is going. The ESL wont happen but UEFA will bend over and take it up the arse again and give them what they want, set in stone places every year in the champions league for some and more games between the so called "big teams". You just know everyone else will get shafted.

I may have thought that as well until the outcry from the ESL proposal.   I think that any such cosy agreements would be scrutinised now and be called out.  This could actually bring about a sea change for the betterment of football if the right people handle the situation correctly.