Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

If Chelsea have pulled out, then I think all the English clubs are fucked for the Super League unless Everton or something get the nod.

I think they needed 6 English teams so that they could vote down any plan to stop them by introducing a new rule. Only having 5 clubs mean they dont have the voting power to stop it.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Passed a good half an hour 

Love RM

It was good while it lasted mate. FYI Ajax are way bigger than us monetarily. Worth around €290 mil. 55000 seat stadium. Won more trophies in Europe than us. However, I do believe our fan base is way bigger. 👍

3 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

FIFA should do the same as the TCCB did when Kerry Packer started up his circus, ban the players from playing in any competition under their auspices. If players from one of these clubs were to know that they would not be able to return to legitimate club football, they would be unlikely to risk their futures. No sportsman likes to be forced out of their sport. No players = no rebel league.

The TCCB lost a case over that in the Hight Court though.

I think the players themselves would be able to take FIFA to CAS and their individual FAs over this too.