Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

39 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

You MWI on a Tuesday night or just a dodgy iPad? :lol: 

I don't think FIFA ever get it right for the right reason. These sanctions would need to be brought in by the FA though.

Something needs to happen. 

Things need to change - if the German League can do it, including Bayern Munich, there should be no reason others can't follow suit.

Money should no longer rule football in the way it does. 

It's not as simple as that. 

In Germany the conditions allowed this to happen. Apart from the corporate works sides, all clubs were member owned already due to DFB rules. The 50+1 rule actually allowed private investment into clubs for the first time.

In Britain you would have to legislate for this. It would involve the Government paying compensation to all owners of 51% of the value of clubs. Billions. You are talking about 1 billion spent on Man Utd alone. It would be an utter scandalous use of public money that would be best spent elsewhere, such as the other national religion - the NHS.

Chelsea and Liverpool have always been private companies since the day they were founded. They have never been football clubs in the traditional sense. Why should they then get this treatment? Nothing has ever been 'stolen' from their fans.

Rangers, although already a private company, ceased to effectively be a members held organisation in 1947. Ironically it's the man whose name is on the Main Stand that killed that off but that's for another day. How can you go back and correct that? Would you give up your shares to give to an entity like Club 1872?

It baffles me that some of the statements seem to mention a wider scale problem. The problem with football has been these clubs, spending over excessive amounts of money on transfers and wages, they only have themselves to blame for the mountains of debt they find themselves in. The sooner they wake up and smell the coffee the better.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It's not as simple as that. 

In Germany the conditions allowed this to happen. Apart from the corporate works sides, all clubs were member owned already due to DFB rules. The 50+1 rule actually allowed private investment into clubs for the first time.

In Britain you would have to legislate for this. It would involve the Government paying compensation to all owners of 51% of the value of clubs. Billions. You are talking about 1 billion spent on Man Utd alone. It would be an utter scandalous use of public money that would be best spent elsewhere, such as the other national religion - the NHS.

Chelsea and Liverpool have always been private companies since the day they were founded. They have never been football clubs in the traditional sense. Why should they then get this treatment? Nothing has ever been 'stolen' from their fans.

Rangers, although already a private company, ceased to effectively be a members held organisation in 1947. Ironically it's the man whose name is on the Main Stand that killed that off but that's for another day. How can you go back and correct that? Would you give up your shares to give to an entity like Club 1872?

I knew it would be almost impossible, I'm not daft. But maybe not educated enough to know the specifics of it. 

Do I want the Government to spend that type of money on football Clubs? Absolutely not.

But change must happen, do I know how? Sadly not. 

Fan ownership is on the rise. Chelsea's fan movement doubled in size yesterday. I appreciate it's not as easy as it seems and acknowledge that. But something has to change before it blows up.