Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

5 minutes ago, JamieD said:

Putting aside the cheapening of the sport, the whole thing is a joke even on its own merits. How exactly are these the elite clubs? 

AC Milan have won precisely 1 league title since Jude Bellingham was born. They were last relevant in Europe when Paolo Maldini was playing. 

Tottenham haven't won their league since JFK was President. Their last European trophy came during the Miners strike.

Juventus haven't won a European trophy in a quarter of a century. They have been found guilty of several match-fixing scandals. 

Arsenal? 

It's almost as if it's based on viewership rather than sporting merit isn't it mate? 

:lol:

Just now, shaka said:

I think these clubs have completely misjudged how fans and players will react to essentially playing the same teams over and over again.  Fans want to see upsets and surprise scores where everyone can win.  Also players might want to earn as much as they can but with no international football and no real chance to connect with fans in their home countries will also soon lose interest.

They’ve not misjudged anything at all, not one of them care.

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Because it will see the end of traditional domestic cups, European cups and will starve other clubs even more than the current format does. 

It's glorified friendlies every week with the same teams. There will be no variety just rince and repeat games to shove it down Asia and US throats. 

It's going to kill what is in place now and the clubs like us who need European football to keep going ate going to feel it most. 

Then the cunts at UEFA have to come in with a rescue package for us and a lot of other teams to keep it going. Football must move on mate. 

2 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fuck UEFA. If these teams decide to go,too fucking bad. UEFA only interested in money if you haven’t seen the news from last week regarding Kamara. Fucking cunts they are. If Rangers got an invite to this what would your thoughts be on it? 

My thoughts wouldn’t be any different, I’d be ashamed of the clubs actions as many fans of the clubs that have signed up already are 

I think it’s nothing short of an absolute disgrace, if we ended up involved my thoughts on it wouldn’t change 

Unfortunately I can see UEFA backing down, clubs have all the power now. It's the same for the various FA's, throw the teams out of the leagues and it kills their TV and sponsorship deals. 

These teams are holding European football hostage and they are going to get away with it. 

17 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve not misjudged anything at all, not one of them care.

They will when it becomes a second rate league where only players with no international prospects play and there are very few loyal fans.  Chasing after arm chair fans who don't care about history will only lead to them losing interest when their preferred team no longer wins every game.  I think they assumed that fans will follow regardless of what they do to their clubs but every club has had nothing but fans protesting against this.