Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Ajax have played in 6 European Cup finals, 2 Cup Winners Cup Finals, and a UEFA Cup final. They have been world champions twice. Their fan base is massive. If you don't think they are a big club you are probably beyond help.

I don't agree that Ajax are a massive club.  They were a very successful club  but their popularity was based on their football success at the time.  You used to see a lot of Ajax tops but see hardly any these days.  I don't believe they have a massive fan base either.  

14 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't agree that Ajax are a massive club.  They were a very successful club  but their popularity was based on their football success at the time.  You used to see a lot of Ajax tops but see hardly any these days.  I don't believe they have a massive fan base either.  

Monetarily they are bigger than us mate. Worth €290 mil. That’s it. Plus they have won more European trophies than us. 

17 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ajax have around 90,000 club members which is roughly the same size as Real Madrid. Obviously they don't have the same global reach as some of the elite clubs but they have a lot of support among Dutch expat communities around the world in places like the US, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Rangers , celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts , Hibs and Hamilton Accies have all been contacted in the last few minutes....

Pèrez finally accepts defeat as Hamilton Accies turn down the invitation. He is quoted as saying " there is no way this can be a success without the Accies "

28 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Ajax are massive and always produce good players they will always be a club that will be challenging every few years or so for top European honours, for me the are one of the most iconic football clubs ever and have been a gift to modern football.

Thank fuck that’s over. Well, apparently it’s still going ahead without English clubs but think AC Milan are leaving too? And Barcelona will have a fan vote so likely they won’t stay.

those English teams crawling back should be punished. UEFA should ban them from Europa/CL for a year and EPL should dish out point deductions. Also, would like to see us tell Arsenal to fuck off and find another club to play the friendly against in July. 

the billionaire owners thought they could pull a fast one but they’ve been put in their place. A wee shitey statement should not be enough. 

2 hours ago, BillyG91 said:

Thank fuck that’s over. Well, apparently it’s still going ahead without English clubs but think AC Milan are leaving too? And Barcelona will have a fan vote so likely they won’t stay.

those English teams crawling back should be punished. UEFA should ban them from Europa/CL for a year and EPL should dish out point deductions. Also, would like to see us tell Arsenal to fuck off and find another club to play the friendly against in July. 

the billionaire owners thought they could pull a fast one but they’ve been put in their place. A wee shitey statement should not be enough. 

Tbf its not much but I think Arsenal have been the only ones to actually admit it was a mistake, the rest have just backed out with piss poor statements, arsenal's was also piss poor but did admit the mistake. 

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Will there be penalties for these teams that started this?  

There definitely should be, but it will be a let's move on moment no doubt from the EFA and UEFA. I hope they hammer them but can't see it happening. 

This is falling apart thank fuck. Just goes to show you how greedy and out of touch the owners are. Most of their owners know fuck all about football and are totally alienated from their supporters.

Starting a closed shop competition to garauntee a select few teams income every season is cowardly and greedy. Some of the teams involved haven't won a title in decades yet consider themselves amonngst the best in Europe. Arrogant bastards. Teams like Arsenal should know their place and get back to struggling to qualify for the CL instead if pretending they are one of the big boys.

Even though the (obviously unexpected) totally outraged reaction has stalled the setup of the Greedy Bastards League at the moment, the Genie is out of the bottle now and it will not be put back in. Guaranteed that UEFA will eventually buckle and some sort of "compromise" will be reached where the Greedy Bastards get 90% of what they are demanding and UEFA get their slice of the pie and can save face.

16 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't know if this has already been talked about in the thread or not, but the reaction and effort to prevent this and the wall the wall news coverage it's had is embarrassing when you compare it to the pitiful response to racism.

The whole premier league came together in hours for a meeting about this, Henderson said he wanted a meeting with all club captains, UEFA statements condemning clubs and people all in a matter of hours yet its always silence with the racism. Just shows how little they all care about fans really unless it hurts their pockets