Breakaway European Super League

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Will there be penalties for these teams that started this?  

There definitely should be, but it will be a let's move on moment no doubt from the EFA and UEFA. I hope they hammer them but can't see it happening. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Making a 400m loss should result in penalties not an invite to a lucrative new league. 

Posted Images

This is falling apart thank fuck. Just goes to show you how greedy and out of touch the owners are. Most of their owners know fuck all about football and are totally alienated from their supporters.

Starting a closed shop competition to garauntee a select few teams income every season is cowardly and greedy. Some of the teams involved haven't won a title in decades yet consider themselves amonngst the best in Europe. Arrogant bastards. Teams like Arsenal should know their place and get back to struggling to qualify for the CL instead if pretending they are one of the big boys.

Even though the (obviously unexpected) totally outraged reaction has stalled the setup of the Greedy Bastards League at the moment, the Genie is out of the bottle now and it will not be put back in. Guaranteed that UEFA will eventually buckle and some sort of "compromise" will be reached where the Greedy Bastards get 90% of what they are demanding and UEFA get their slice of the pie and can save face.

Land Rover likes this
16 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't know if this has already been talked about in the thread or not, but the reaction and effort to prevent this and the wall the wall news coverage it's had is embarrassing when you compare it to the pitiful response to racism.

The whole premier league came together in hours for a meeting about this, Henderson said he wanted a meeting with all club captains, UEFA statements condemning clubs and people all in a matter of hours yet its always silence with the racism. Just shows how little they all care about fans really unless it hurts their pockets 

29 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Even though the (obviously unexpected) totally outraged reaction has stalled the setup of the Greedy Bastards League at the moment, the Genie is out of the bottle now and it will not be put back in. Guaranteed that UEFA will eventually buckle and some sort of "compromise" will be reached where the Greedy Bastards get 90% of what they are demanding and UEFA get their slice of the pie and can save face.

Just seen that apparently UEFA have agreed a deal with some finance company to increase their packages from 4.2 billion to 6 billion 

Sky will end up paying more money at the end of the season for Premier League fixtures next season

The big leagues will get bigger basically & the rest will get left behind.

Probably the worst outcome there could have been with all this for the average fan not supporting a cash cow in the Premier League

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't agree that Ajax are a massive club.  They were a very successful club  but their popularity was based on their football success at the time.  You used to see a lot of Ajax tops but see hardly any these days.  I don't believe they have a massive fan base either.  

If Ajax aren't a big club, we're not.

We obviously are.

Essandoh and Flatcap like this
1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I don't know if this has already been talked about in the thread or not, but the reaction and effort to prevent this and the wall the wall news coverage it's had is embarrassing when you compare it to the pitiful response to racism.

In fairness, the Kamara incident got a lot of coverage and widespread support from teams, pundits and fans (apart from one clubs). 

21 minutes ago, tm91 said:

If Ajax aren't a big club, we're not.

We obviously are.

Depends how you define ‘big’ I suppose?

The likes of Man City and Spurs are diddy clubs in my eyes, but to someone younger they are the clubs with lots of money, big stadiums and worldwide appeal. Revenue and coverage dwarfs ours and Ajax’s. 

Colin Traive likes this
15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Depends how you define ‘big’ I suppose?

The likes of Man City and Spurs are diddy clubs in my eyes, but to someone younger they are the clubs with lots of money, big stadiums and worldwide appeal. Revenue and coverage dwarfs ours and Ajax’s. 

It is the sort of thing that varies by generation and perception, that's true. There's a number of different factors - historic success, fanbase, infrastructure and current quality of team, their wealth, their current 'pull' or 'brand value', track record of recent success -  all play a part. In decades to come Man City probably will be considered a massive club on par with your Barcas and Madrids and you're right it's a relative and dynamic thing.

Yet on the metric of fanbase and historic success Ajax are undoubtedly a big club. The most successful club on the European stage that doesn't come from England, Germany, Italy or Spain, with millions of fans of their own. If the biggest club in Holland can't be considered a big club, even though they've won far more in Europe than we ever have, than the biggest club in Scotland can't be either.

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Uefa have already shat the bed praising Man City when they first left it.  Embarssing, snakes yesterday “welcome to the uefa family” today.  Fuck uefa tae.  Punish these clubs. 

Not only will they not be punished, UEFA will chair a cosy meeting with them all to thrash out their differences and end up basically giving them whatever they want. As usual. UEFA know who  makes their money for them and no fuckin way will they upset them, itll all be about making sure this doesnt happen again. Till the next time.

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I don't agree that Ajax are a massive club.  They were a very successful club  but their popularity was based on their football success at the time.  You used to see a lot of Ajax tops but see hardly any these days.  I don't believe they have a massive fan base either.  

Sorry mate but that’s nonsense.  Ajax are easily in the top ten biggest clubs in Europe.  Easily.  As someone on here said last night “football royalty”.

Agnelli - “On the domestic side as well. In Europe, the most valuable match is no longer the Champions final but the English first division football playoffs to be admitted to the Premier League: 150 million. That isn’t stability. 

"We need ironbound economic and financial regulations like those established in the Super League.”

Translate - we might not make the CL next year cos we’ve been shite, how do we pay for Ronaldo? We need more money, guaranteed, cos we’re Juve. 

Reality - cut your cloth accordingly, if you cant manage your finances, sell players. 

tm91 likes this
5 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Uefa will not do anything to the clubs or change the atrocious Champions League. 

The 4 tops leagues will continue to get an easy ride whilst all the other clubs feed of the scraps. 

I reckon they will change the champions league, over time it will be similar to the model these 12 teams wanted. Guaranteed spots for certain teams irrespective of domestic placings and much more group games between the "big clubs".i.e the already loaded ones. It  wont be good for anyone else including us or Ajax, who by any measure other than money are a massive club. Surely one of the top 5 in europe in terms of heritage.