Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

36 minutes ago, tm91 said:

This exact post would have been on messageboards of other teams in 2012 when it came to us, and we suffered as a fanbase because that sentiment wasn't ignored. 

Punish the owners, not the fans.

Different circumstances entirely.

David Murray made increasingly poor commercial decisions although made with good intentions: apparent Tax dodging remains a grey area even to this day.

As for Whyte and the ones that followed, they were just chancers.

Whereas the ‘big 12’ , who already command the lion’s share of the money, made a conscious and premeditated move to stick two fingers up at fellow association member clubs knowing full well the detriment their plan would cause to football throughout Europe.

They deserve fuck all sympathy, and everything they get thrown at them. They are ENTIRELY responsible for the harm they may well have done their club and their fans.

They weren’t trying to find ways to survive.

It was a conscious power grab in order to keep all the money to themselves.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Different circumstances entirely.

David Murray made increasingly poor commercial decisions although made with good intentions: apparent Tax dodging remains a grey area even to this day.

As for Whyte and the ones that followed, they were just chancers.

Whereas the ‘big 12’ , who already command the lion’s share of the money, made a conscious and premeditated move to stick two fingers up at fellow association member clubs knowing full well the detriment their plan would cause to football throughout Europe.

They deserve fuck all sympathy, and everything they get thrown at them. They are ENTIRELY responsible for the harm they may well have done their club and their fans.

They weren’t trying to find ways to survive.

It was a conscious power grab in order to keep all the money to themselves.

Not looked into it enough but did they actually break any rules?

Morally unjust to be chasing more money at this time 

Ridiculous not to even involve their fans/players/manager in the talks 

Crazy to think the authorities would sit back and let it happen

But breaking any rules? I don't think any of them actually have. Otherwise Uefa/Fifa etc wouldn't be looking at ways to stop it by booting them out of Europe and stuff. They'd just say you've broken Article 3 section C which allows us to fine you x Amount & you can't go ahead with it. 

The fans never deserve it when clubs get punished as they have very little control but in most cases, the club has broken a specific rule, hence the punishment. 

It is very difficult to punish a club or an owner without punishing the fans?

Whether its by fines or points deductions they, because of the associated reduction in finance/prize money made, still ultimately punishes the fan by the club not having its full spending power to buy the best player/improve the team. 

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

But breaking any rules? I don't think any of them actually have. Otherwise Uefa/Fifa etc wouldn't be looking at ways to stop it by booting them out of Europe and stuff. They'd just say you've broken Article 3 section C which allows us to fine you x Amount & you can't go ahead with it. 

The fans never deserve it when clubs get punished as they have very little control but in most cases, the club has broken a specific rule, hence the punishment. 

Perhaps not, however I would imagine, like every association, there will be a code of conduct ensuring fair treatment of other association members. This move clearly breached that.

I happen to believe the clubs should get hammered.

That should be points and/or financial penalties but not relegation.

Had we been deducted points and served a financial penalty, rather than forced to the bottom tier then I reckon must Rangers fans would have shrugged and thought ‘ok, fair enough, we kinda deserved that’.

Rangers punishment was disproportionate.

Deducting points and fining these clubs isn’t IMO.

In fact, I’d go as far as saying the ‘top 6’ should be deducted enough points to ensure none of them can compete in Europe next season. Let the ‘lesser’ clubs have a go: spread the money around about more.

That’ll teach the greedy bastards.

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

It is very difficult to punish a club or an owner without punishing the fans?

Whether its by fines or points deductions they, because of the associated reduction in finance/prize money made, still ultimately punishes the fan by the club not having its full spending power to buy the best player/improve the team. 

Happened to us mate not that long ago. 

Just now, Hadron Collider said:

Happened to us mate not that long ago. 

I know...that's my point. Whatever the authorities do to a club or owner affects the fans. 

Ive been reading a lot about not punishing fans....but that's impossible, in my view.

1 minute ago, ianb1547 said:

I know...that's my point. Whatever the authorities do to a club or owner affects the fans. 

Ive been reading a lot about not punishing fans....but that's impossible, in my view.

This could be the perfect time to punish these teams as the fans are not getting to the games anyway. What these owners have done is despicable. They have to be punished in some way. 

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

Perhaps not, however I would imagine, like every association, there will be a code of conduct ensuring fair treatment of other association members. This move clearly breached that.

I happen to believe the clubs should get hammered.

That should be points and/or financial penalties but not relegation.

Had we been deducted points and served a financial penalty, rather than forced to the bottom tier then I reckon must Rangers fans would have shrugged and thought ‘ok, fair enough, we kinda deserved that’.

Rangers punishment was disproportionate.

Deducting points and fining these clubs isn’t IMO.

In fact, I’d go as far as saying the ‘top 6’ should be deducted enough points to ensure none of them can compete in Europe next season. Let the ‘lesser’ clubs have a go: spread the money around about more.

That’ll teach the greedy bastards.

Completely agree that our punishment was disproportionate & I think there have been others which were also.

I still don't think deducting points is the right way to go, you're not hurting the people who done all of this that way (the owners), you're hurting the players and the fans. 

And these cunts have deep pockets, it gets to the point where financial penalties do nothing unless they're huge. 

I'd like to see them put a marker down & just flat out ban the owners from owning a club in every league across Europe. 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

This could be the perfect time to punish these teams as the fans are not getting to the games anyway. What these owners have done is despicable. They have to be punished in some way. 

Totally agree with you 100%. It was despicable and I dont know how some chairmen are going to be next time one the so-called big 6 visits their club knowing they were prepared to shaft everybody else for greed.

Whatever happens, fans of those 6 teams wont get away unscathed.

17 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Punish them ?....they will just form a breakaway league. Hang on they tried that one.

The abomination that the CL is about to come was to appease them. Over to you Uefa.

It won't appease them fully, no chance. Will work for a couple of years

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Yes

C5D48553-4D6A-41F1-A0A2-16C58DBB322B.jpeg

The fairest way to punish these clubs is for UEFA to impose transfer bans on them imo 2 year bans so they can sell to clubs outside these clubs to reduce wages but they can't buy. They would have to deal with bringing through thier own players. It was financial greed that caused all this so it should be a hard lesson :pipe:

This fiasco should be kick starting some sort of revolution imo, time for control to be taken back for the fans, getting the likes of sky and BT to fuck, getting match day prices down, making it cheaper for the fans to watch their teams be it online/TV or attending the game itself, reducing merchandise costs etc.

Fair play to the likes of Neville and Carragher for what they’ve had to say since the weekend but if they where truly passionate about giving football back to the fans they would be ousting the likes of their employers aswell, obviously they wouldn’t do that would they.

5 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

This fiasco should be kick starting some sort of revolution imo, time for control to be taken back for the fans, getting the likes of sky and BT to fuck, getting match day prices down, making it cheaper for the fans to watch their teams be it online/TV or attending the game itself, reducing merchandise costs etc.

Fair play to the likes of Neville and Carragher for what they’ve had to say since the weekend but if they where truly passionate about giving football back to the fans they would be ousting the likes of their employers aswell, obviously they wouldn’t do that would they.

Sky helped create this whole situation, the made these clubs so rich they thought they were answerable to no one and that they basically own the game.