Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

9 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

The fairest way to punish these clubs is for UEFA to impose transfer bans on them imo 2 year bans so they can sell to clubs outside these clubs to reduce wages but they can't buy. They would have to deal with bringing through thier own players. It was financial greed that caused all this so it should be a hard lesson :pipe:

UEFA couldn’t legally hand out proper punishments to City for what amounted to a cut and shut case of breaching FFP rules. 

No chance they are able to administer random ad hoc punishments like that.

18 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

The fairest way to punish these clubs is for UEFA to impose transfer bans on them imo 2 year bans so they can sell to clubs outside these clubs to reduce wages but they can't buy. They would have to deal with bringing through thier own players. It was financial greed that caused all this so it should be a hard lesson :pipe:

These clubs should be punished but Uefa won't do anything. Hell they even had a statement out welcoming Man City back last night when they pulled out first. 

Even if they try, these clubs would head to CAS and get bans overturned.

Was just putting it out there, the only way I can see, expelling them from tournaments is UEFA shooting themselves in the foot, fining them when they literally can't afford anymore debt won't happen. Again it could come down to fan pressure, there must be some form of punishment for those clubs. 

20 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

So all they have got out of this is making almost everyone on the planet, including some of their own fans, hate them.

This has been genius.

This could cost them, I reckon merchandise sales could drop on the back of this.

21 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

Was just putting it out there, the only way I can see, expelling them from tournaments is UEFA shooting themselves in the foot, fining them when they literally can't afford anymore debt won't happen. Again it could come down to fan pressure, there must be some form of punishment for those clubs. 

Fuck their debt mate. Sell players to cover it. These clubs are cunts. They should stop sticking it to the fans. FFP? Fucking joke with these so called big teams. 

1 hour ago, MattyBlue said:

This fiasco should be kick starting some sort of revolution imo, time for control to be taken back for the fans, getting the likes of sky and BT to fuck, getting match day prices down, making it cheaper for the fans to watch their teams be it online/TV or attending the game itself, reducing merchandise costs etc.

Fair play to the likes of Neville and Carragher for what they’ve had to say since the weekend but if they where truly passionate about giving football back to the fans they would be ousting the likes of their employers aswell, obviously they wouldn’t do that would they.

Amazon and DAZN will be taking over all football shortly imo. Stream every game of your chosen club for a season ticket or watch certain big games with their subscription. Sky and BT know this will be coming sooner rather than later.

38 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fuck their debt mate. Sell players to cover it. These clubs are cunts. They should stop sticking it to the fans. FFP? Fucking joke with these so called big teams. 

That what I said, a transfer ban where they can only sell not buy, force them to end the circle of debt. Make them have to coach their teams rather than buy ready made. 

I defo missed this new super league. What channel is it on? 

:lol:

Call me cynical, but the businessmen behind these clubs aint that daft, so what was the real play here with JP Morgan backing it up? Just a warning shot across UEFA's bows to change the CL format to suit them and secure even more cash? 12 of Europe's biggest dont go out on a limb just to be humiliated. 

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I defo missed this new super league. What channel is it on? 

:lol:

Call me cynical, but the businessmen behind these clubs aint that daft, so what was the real play here with JP Morgan backing it up? Just a warning shot across UEFA's bows to change the CL format to suit them and secure even more cash? 12 of Europe's biggest dont go out on a limb just to be humiliated. 

They were set to make £300+ million a season from it. Compare that to the €420m that the lowest earning NFL team make a season and it's still a much cheaper option. Investing in what would've been the biggest league in the football world is pennies for them. 

The highest earners in the NFL make €980m a season fyi.

42 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

:rofl:

What are you laughing for? 

UEFA were unable to punish City because the breaches were time barred. If UEFA had found out about it sooner then the decision would have been upheld.

It’s like if you took a packet of crisps from a corner shop without paying tomorrow and two years down the line you were arrested for it. You would get off because proceedings weren’t instigated within 6 months but it doesn’t change the fact you stole the crisps.

5 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

That what I said, a transfer ban where they can only sell not buy, force them to end the circle of debt. Make them have to coach their teams rather than buy ready made. 

absolutely agree but the corrupt in charge will never allow it and I mean the 2 faced bastards uefa. Its all about the money and filling their pockets.