Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

2 minutes ago, barkie said:

Was just on Polish radio RMF sports news section that Rangers and celtic should join epl and uefa would welcome it, bit strange they are reporting anything about us unless they have heard some rumours.

Bojo has made a motion in Parliament for us to move down there in August to combat the ESL, where you been all day??? 

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Bojo has made a motion in Parliament for us to move down there in August to combat the ESL, where you been all day??? 

Working to pay for you to sit and watch boris 😀 ok now i know why.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

All 12 should be barred, doesn't matter if you came up with the idea. They'd all have been happy to continue if the footballing world hadn't turned on them.

100% mate, they should be judged on their intent and that was “Fuck yous, we will be fine” 

Money grabbing bastards.

19 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

The Champions League might actually be enjoyable if the dirty dozen get banned for a year.

Plus it might actually Bankrupt Barcelona and Real Madrid, which would be an added bonus.

Barca especially must be struggling on that particular tight rope. 

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

The Champions League might actually be enjoyable if the dirty dozen get banned for a year.

Plus it might actually Bankrupt Barcelona and Real Madrid, which would be an added bonus.

Basically about the only punishment that will affect the owners in reality. 

UEFA should scrap their revamped plans as well and come up with something decent that actually spreads the wealth about. 

The likes of the Glazers ect should be nowhere near football.

I'm so pissed off seeing every interview on tv saying they shouldn't be kicked out, fined, transfer bans, point deductions etc because it will hurt the fans (oh fuck off), these 6 english greedy bastard clubs tried to ruin football for the other 14 epl clubs, i really don't get this, these bastards are going to walk away from this with a nice packed envelope (already did i guess):furious:

18 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I'm getting sick of excuses used to justify the actions of these clubs and especially the ongoing arrogance of Perez at Real Madrid. Even if it is damage limitation politics, at least some of the other clubs have acknowledged that they made mistakes but it doesn't change their culpability. All should be punished. Doing some research, Barcelona's net debt more than doubled to €488m in the year to last June while for Real Madrid, the figure was €354.3m. Latest figures for Manchester United show its debt pile at £455.5m while Tottenham had net debt of £604.6m and Arsenal's net debt more than doubled to £108.2m. The Spanish clubs especially are in massive massive trouble. Yet Real Madrid have just signed Alaba from Bayern for apparently €110 million over 5 years salary. Barcelona are trying to keep Messi and apparently looking to sign Aguero in the summer. Nobody is saying these are not huge clubs. Of course many are, with a rich history but that doesn't give them a God given right to do whatever the hell they please at the expense of other clubs. Fair play is there for a reason. These clubs have to get their debts down. If unwilling the should be made to. They should be prevented from signing players and made to sell if necessary. And as I've said before, why should teams just walk into the champions league based on the name on their badge at the disadvantage of other clubs. We should be there with the automatic qualification as champions. Look at what we have been through, almost dying, restructuring, fighting back all the way through divisions, winning 55 in one of our greatest ever seasons yet still having to qualify while teams in clear breach of fair play or finishing 4th just stroll in. Collective associations need to call a halt to the actions and influence of the cabal in European football with a return to a proper sporting tournament.

Just shows FFP rule is totally useless 

UEFA should use this as a moment to punish these clubs with reconstruction not pander to them. Champions League for league winners only, 2nd/3rd/4th you’re playing Europa and anything below that you’re Conference League

2 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Just shows FFP rule is totally useless 

UEFA should use this as a moment to punish these clubs with reconstruction not pander to them. Champions League for league winners only, 2nd/3rd/4th you’re playing Europa and anything below that you’re Conference League

Definitely should be more like although I would reintroduce the cup winners cup as the second tier of European football. Would make teams take their cup competitions more seriously and reward actual winners.

These so called big teams should be told to put up and shut up. Learn to live within their means and that they can't have everything their way.

It would take a few years but with money from European competitions being spread about more evenly then the overall football will improve and the fixtures would definitely lose the staleness that took over the competition. 

• 2 weeks later...

I see the clubs have been “punished”. 

The 9 out of 12 clubs that have withdrawn will pay £13.4m between them and have 5% of any UEFA earnings withheld for one season in 23-24. 

What a joke. They should have had massive punishments, this is barely a slap on the wrist. 

over 13 million between them and 5% of uefa earnings withheld but the best part of it all is that it doesn't happen until season 23-24......what the actual fuck, the cunts should be getting hammered, kicked out of all European competitions, fined and have a transfer ban for 3 years

i'm more than convinced that brown envelopes have exchanged hands