Breakaway European Super League

KeyserSoze

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

We aren't in any danger of being invited.

And if we were to join this competition I'd chuck it. 

Agreed.

I would genuinely rather go and support Queen’s Park or Clyde if we were to ever join this soulless shambles of a system.

We aren't in any danger of being invited.

And if we were to join this competition I'd chuck it. 

Honestly think I’d do the same.

Seen plenty on Twitter/FB that support the ‘big’ 6 say they’re patching their season tickets etc 

1 minute ago, chrism_scotland said:

Shocking figures of cash being banded around, but I don't think it's a coincidence this is announced about 12 hours before the final commercial talks over the "new" Champions League.

Half expect this to be old news by the end of the week after UEFA caves and gives them what they want in guarantees of CL places, etc.

Bad for clubs like us though, as it seems like no matter what we do we'll end up screwed by UEFA.

This has the feel of something bigger than that mate.

I think this is amazon making a play and wanting to cut out all the TV companies like Sky etc.

If that cash figure is genuine, then there is absolutely nothing that Uefa can offer that will turn their heads back.

I actually have a strange feeling that one of us and them might be one of the remaining names to be announced. I bet Lawell was all over it like a rash if he caught wind of it.

If not, I bet the EPL consider offering us both a place down there. We would instantly be the biggest clubs in the league. 

18 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

They don't care about the fans mate or history. They care about money.

Why bother with their die hard supporters when they can start playing these games in markets like Asia, America etc and land bigger sponsorship deals. 

Players will flock to this competition as the clubs involved will just offer them even bigger wages in exchange for turning against International football until uefa and fifa cave in. 

This super league is what these clubs have wanted the champions league to become. An elitist setup where clubs like us are no longer welcome. 

Do they even know if there is a market for this in Asia?  People keep saying there is but how long will anyone keep watching the same teams play each other.  Also these fans are used to winning, their glory hunters, what happens when their team is constantly at the bottom of this new league?  They'll lose all their fans in their home countries for potential fans who might or might not actually care for the new competition. 

Also for a lot of players international football is very important.  Look at the number of players who demand to move when they are no longer playing first team football even when earning millions, just to keep their place in their international teams.  If you tell these guys that they can no longer play for their countries, I'd imagine some might be tempted by more money but a lot will recognise they can make a bit less playing in officially recognised leagues and still gain credibility and respect by playing for their country.

Then you have a Super League without the top players and less likely to attract any new fans.  It's just senseless greed from people who don't understand football. 

Some referees could be about to become very rich.

They will have to recruit their own ones because FIFA, UEFA and the FAs won't sanction them for these games.

They probably wont use referees. They will probably have real time phone voting by the public on a premium rate number. The one that raises the most money gets the freekick or not.

Imagine the scenes on here if the filth are invited and we aren’t or vice versa :lol:

(I’m not saying either would be invited, but when you have Leipzig and Spurs in it you quickly realise what it’s all about and it isn’t good...)

It is bound to have other ramifications, most of which we probably can’t see yet.

I hate the way they are trying to sell this as great thing.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think this is amazon making a play and wanting to cut out all the TV companies like Sky etc.

If that cash figure is genuine, then there is absolutely nothing that Uefa can offer that will turn their heads back.

I actually have a strange feeling that one of us and them might be one of the remaining names to be announced. I bet Lawell was all over it like a rash if he caught wind of it.

If not, I bet the EPL consider offering us both a place down there. We would instantly be the biggest clubs in the league. 

Supposedly the billionaire who owns the DAZN network is involved, so def TV money there.

I reckon the other slots are likely to be intended for PSG, Bayern and Dortmund if they choose to join up, its not clear thr German clubs would be allowed to; the fans have a massive say on what does and doesn't happen.

Just now, Madina said:

Cant say I've read much about this, but I'm guessing the English teams wouldnt be able to play in the Prem if they join this? I originally thought it was just replacing the Champions league 

Nope, they are going to end up cherry picking 20 teams, and that will be your lot, they will play each other all the time with no variety.

Dull as fuck!

They are talking about having 5 teams qualify for it each year, but that wont get off the ground and they know it. They are going to invite 5 more permanent members, but they will be also rans who will get to join but probably wont be offered the same joining bonus.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They would/should be getting to where to go as well

16 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

If I was a Man Utd supporter, I’d start supporting FC United of Manchester instead.

If I was a Man City supporter, I’d start supporting Maine Road FC instead.

If I was a Liverpool supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Liverpool instead.

If I was an Arsenal or Tottenham supporter, I’d start supporting Leyton Orient instead.

If I was a Chelsea supporter, I’d start supporting AFC Wimbledon instead.

Fuck these greedy cunt clubs, they have nothing in common with the teams that George Best, Danny Blanchflower, Kenny Dalglish, David O’Leary, Bobby Tambling and Mike Summerbee played for. They can all fucking rot.

This is a Midge Ure song, isn't it?

Just now, chrism_scotland said:

Supposedly the billionaire who owns the DAZN network is involved, so def TV money there.

I reckon the other slots are likely to be intended for PSG, Bayern and Dortmund if they choose to join up, its not clear thr German clubs would be allowed to; the fans have a massive say on what does and doesn't happen.

I thought that German RB team only had about 7 fans, are they also 51% fan owned?