Scotty Arfield

RangersMedia

Arfield has been slated on here by loads of us, including me for his performances recently but he deserves his own thread because he was fucking brilliant in midfield today. 

Worked tirelessly, covered Patterson very well and also got forward to support when he could. 

Would love to see the running stats for today, Arfield and Kent must be the top 2

In a specific role for the team, in specific games, Arfield still has a lot to offer us and if we can sign more 1st team quality midfielders next year to take the load off him and Davis we should hopefully be able to maximise their output when we need them.

He's a proper midfield general in games like today. Effort and energy with tireless running and some steel in the midfield. Really like him as a player and glad to see him deliver today.

I said in the thread about any weaknesses we have about Aribo in the midfield maybe causing us to lose goals, albeit still very few, and although they did everything except score today, stats will show again how as a midfield we are even stronger as a unit defensively with Arfield or Jack in there too.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

I understand that we all appreciate his effort and work-rate but he is too slow in my opinion.  Going forward we really need to find a better player.

Ultimately we will, we should improve on him in future, but he'll up his game unless his legs let him down. I thought we'd see far less of him this year and he's at times went to another level.

35 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I understand that we all appreciate his effort and work-rate but he is too slow in my opinion.  Going forward we really need to find a better player.

Replacement for him is the key piece of recruitment in the summer, IMO. 

But did well today 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Arfield has been slated on here by loads of us, including me for his performances recently but he deserves his own thread because he was fucking brilliant in midfield today. 

Worked tirelessly, covered Patterson very well and also got forward to support when he could. 

Would love to see the running stats for today, Arfield and Kent must be the top 2

In a specific role for the team, in specific games, Arfield still has a lot to offer us and if we can sign more 1st team quality midfielders next year to take the load off him and Davis we should hopefully be able to maximise their output when we need them.

I rate Arfield really highly but he's a player that needs a run of games to get to his best.

I was worried with him coming into the team today due bit his recent lack of game time (not ability) but the performance he put in allowed Aribo to influence the game.

Arfield was great today. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

Replacement for him is the key piece of recruitment in the summer, IMO. 

But did well today 

He plays with his heart, puts in a shift, can't fault his effort.....but.  And that is my point.   The tims signed Turnbull and frankly he's the type of player we need.  

Fans love a trier and Scott Arfield unquestionably gives his all for the cause. He belongs in games like today. I would like to see him more involved on the ball but he is a big reason why players like Christie were no where to be seen.

No complaints from me but I still don't think he is a guaranteed starter when we have a great talent like Hagi on the bench.

His selection to start the OF game was the right call.

First 70 minutes today .I thought he was outstanding .He plays the old Ian Ferguson role if you like .And it seems ,he is appreciated just the same .In other wards .He isn’t flamboyant for some .It’s no coincidence our Old firm record has improved with Scotty playing in these games .Absolutely love the wee man .And when we score ,he goes tonto .He loves our club  .

Perm any three from Davis, Jack, Kamara and Arfield and we are untouchable in Scotland.

Outside of that four, we are noticeably weaker.

Given factors like age, injury record, potential transfers and suspension, we need a minimum of two first-team-ready or outstanding prospects for the new season. No idea if the incoming Ofoborh is anywhere near this level yet.

17 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I totally agree.

I actually thought , and i know that his game isn't all about finesse play , that alot of our attacks , especially in close quarters , broke down by him coughing up possession.

That being said he was in there to do a specific job , offer protection for young Patterson , and he did a very good job at that.

The highlighted part for me all day long though.

16 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

He plays with his heart, puts in a shift, can't fault his effort.....but.  And that is my point.   The tims signed Turnbull and frankly he's the type of player we need.  

Agreed. Hate to praise one of their players but would’ve loved to see what Gerrard and the coaching team could’ve done with a player of his natural ability. 

16 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Turnbull has been overhyped to fuck. He isn’t terrible but if he’s the standard we’re looking at then we’re in trouble

Archived