José Mourinho Sacked?

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Each to their own. I massively disagree. 

Fair enough. Won a European trophy and their second highest win% (behind Ferguson). By no means perfect - but I think a classic Mourinho job where he done well and then it all fell apart at the end.

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Don’t see any other obvious candidates for the job apart from Allegri.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they might go after Nuno from Wolves.

Rodgers in the summer. Naturally progression for him to land another big epl job in the future. 

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

His day has long gone. Football has evolved and players now call the shots. 

Fair play to him for making a shit load of money from moronic clubs who can't see this. 

He will still be getting paid a fortune in 10 years time imo

On 20/02/2022 at 09:21, The Godfather said:

His day has long gone. Football has evolved and players now call the shots. 

Fair play to him for making a shit load of money from moronic clubs who can't see this. 

He was probably the best manager on the planet for the end of that period that I would consider football's high water mark.

I wouldn't even watch football anymore if it wasn't for Rangers, and I make no attept to hide that.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Was spot on about almost everything he said about Man Utd and was slated for at the time though. 

This is the thing about Mourinho - people mock him a lot about not having have changed along with football changing, yet the majority of us complain that nowadays modern footballers are wee prima donna arseholes who need a kick up the backside.

I actually respect him for having little respect for modern day players, even if that now makes him yesterday's man :lol: