Goldson, Kent, Tav for England euros

None of them are anywhere near close......or good enough. Who knows where Kent can take his game if he adds consistency and a few more alternatives to his exciting but predictable game. The other two are a million miles from international football.

Southgate’s talked about Cash and Ayling recently, so they’re clearly his preferred replacements at RB, and Mings and Coady would be his CB picks. Could Goldson get in ahead of Tarkowski and Mee as a backup CB? I doubt it. They’ve got loads of creative midfield options so Kent would probably be least likely of the three. 

9 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Southgate’s talked about Cash and Ayling recently, so they’re clearly his preferred replacements at RB, and Mings and Coady would be his CB picks. Could Goldson get in ahead of Tarkowski and Mee as a backup CB? I doubt it. They’ve got loads of creative midfield options so Kent would probably be least likely of the three. 

Goldson’s better than Mings and Coady

GA1972 likes this
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Goldson’s better than Mings and Coady

Clearly not in Southgate’s view, which is what matters. They’ve been in recent squads and he’s never even mentioned Goldson. Not saying he’s right but that’s the reality. 

2 minutes ago, miracle said:

Tav should be in the squad regardless in my opinion.    That's an area they're light on and he's a useful player.

RB is probably England's strongest position in terms of depth. United, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, and Leicester all normally start with an English RB or RWB at the moment.

tav i feel sorry for. scoring lots of goals. being part of a solid defence. title winning captain still unbeaten. high quality performances in europe for the past 2 years. against the likes of porto who recently were in the champions league quarters.

he could go to a mid table team in the premier league and play half as good and be more likely to get a call up.

TopCat likes this
15 hours ago, miracle said:

Tav should be in the squad regardless in my opinion.    That's an area they're light on and he's a useful player.

At this current moment they are definitely not light on options at right back. They have a choice of Kyle walker, Trent Alexander Arnold, Kieran Trippier, Reece James, Aaron wan-bissaka and Luke Ayling has been looked at as well. Unfortunately for Tav he has no chance and simply because they don't rate Scottish football, so even if players were banned they'd still rather pick a player in the relegation zone to play over Tav.