*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

Don’t know why Roofe didn’t pass to the two unmarked players to his side rather than try and score, giving them the chance to punt it.

Anyhoo, a poor performance. I know the league is done, and the ref was terrible, but our second string players need to be so much better next season. 

Stupid decision from Roofe with that long range effort and from Simpson (who I thought was poor all night) giving they diving pricks the opportunity to go down. For such “big strong physical players” (fuck up Andy Little) they don’t half go down at the drop of a hat. That refereeing performance even outwith the penalty decisions was a total embarrassment. Any time they hit the deck we got booked. Genuinely the worst performance from a ref I’ve ever seen. Get Bryson, Rooney, Craig and co well and truly pumped at the weekend please Rangers.

Dead Rubber. 

Good to get some game time for Tav, Simpson,Bassey, Itten, Wright, Defo and Mclaughlin 

Wright especially looked really good and should get more minutes. 

Set up the next game we'll, hopefully they realise St Johnstone won't give them a minute and can't just turn up.

Shite end to a mediocre game.

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s a few times this season game management has cost us three points.  

An easy ball out wide to the right from Roofe would have killed the game but he tried a long-range effort like his Liege goal, gave away possession and they hoof the ball down the centre and get the penalty.  Awful.

I've never seen a player who looks so rusty after missing a game or two than Kemar Roofe.   
It's like the guy needs another pre-season every time he misses 90 minutes.

He has quality though and I think he will improve next year, like most of our signings do.

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Rooney had his feet up, studs showing, how was Simpson supposed to get his leg out the way!

He's jumping normally. Simpson should either go up for the ball initially or stand his ground, he's been beaten to the ball there's zero need for him to put his foot up as the jumper is coming down. 

It's very soft but it's either inexperience or laziness from him. It's the type of awkward shit you see in Amateur / Sunday League football.

Just now, rangersross said:

Roofe banking on releasing a DVD of long range goals when he retires and it's cost us two points. 

Two points that really don't matter. 

He made a mistake but it was the ref who fucked it. 

Unbeaten and it was just a training game for fitness really. 

We will smash them at weekend