*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Never a penalty but the handball from Simpson was a stonewaller, can't believe he got away with that

Don't think that was a penalty for the hand ball, it is not an unnatural position, this silhouette thing they go on about, 

Do they still have that rule? They have changed it that much I don't know anymore 

Simpson looks terrible, outran twice by stevie may😓

itten tries but isn’t good enough

hagi anonymous

basseys header at the goal🙁

roofe shooting fro 70 yards😞

still undefeated that’s the main thing

wright took his goal well

2 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

I've never seen a player who looks so rusty after missing a game or two than Kemar Roofe.   
It's like the guy needs another pre-season every time he misses 90 minutes.

He has quality though and I think he will improve next year, like most of our signings do.

That's bang on.

Hopefully its just down to the fact he never had a proper pre-season and that money in the bank fitness isn't there at the moment.

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Never seen that ref before. Dreadful. No doubt on tonight's performance he will get the next old firm.

Hes refereed 10 matches so far this season in the premiership. Usually a championship ref. Hes fucking rotten.

Just now, The Godfather said:

Two points that really don't matter. 

He made a mistake but it was the ref who fucked it. 

Unbeaten and it was just a training game for fitness really. 

We will smash them at weekend 

Every point matters and another goal conceded when we’re trying to break records here.

Just now, The Godfather said:

💯

I'm really unsure why so many seem so angry

The league is won lads, Jack Simpson won't be anywhere near the first team on Sunday chill out 

Just now, esquire8 said:

Hes refereed 10 matches so far this season in the premiership. Usually a championship ref. Hes fucking rotten.

Aye he was bad and both teams can say that tonight. Looked terrified to make a decision all game which lead to him trying to make up for it by making a poor decision at the end.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Still unbeaten.

Main players rested.

Very,very poor from the squad players.

3 million pound players like Hagi and Roofe, over 2 million for Itten and playing like they have been when presented with opportunities of late.

12 million for Hagi is robbery and we should be biting hands off for it

Fourth centre back spot is up for grabs next season but I hope we get someone of Goldson/Helander level.

Simpson looked poor tbh, couldn’t understand why we signed him. Katic will be back after a year off, he’ll take a while to get up to it plus not sure Gerrard will even want him and Edmundson will probs be sold.

I thought we were lethargic, again.   Itten has hardly been given any service and I doubt he will as he just doesn't seem to be the right player for our way of playing.  Simpson looked awful to me.  Clumsy and slow to react.  Roofe was poor again.  Bassey gives me the fear.  Can't complain that St Johnstone were worth the draw though.    

1 minute ago, TartanTeddy said:

Andy Little in commentary said he thought Simpson just behind Wright for Man of the Match, and Itten was the best player second half :confused:

Not seen anything from Simpson I like - don't even think there's much potential there

Andy little was watching another game😀

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's bang on.

Hopefully its just down to the fact he never had a proper pre-season and that money in the bank fitness isn't there at the moment.

Not sure a pre-season will make a difference.

Him and Jacks bodies fail them constantly.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I appreciate that but it was a stupid decision, he’s an experienced player, and I still want us to win every game. I’ll bet Gerrard wasn’t ecstatic about it. 

2 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Don't want to rush to conclusions but what a poor, poor league debut from Simpson. I'm willing to give Itten more time - and I've backed him consistently - but can't help but feel we'd have been better off with someone like Nisbet if we wanted to spend a couple of million on a third choice striker. 

The other boy from Bournemouth on loan at Wycombe seems to be getting next to no game time and looks like he hasn’t featured for weeks. Don’t know what the script is with him
Still young yes but doesn’t give you much confidence 

1 minute ago, dummiesoot said:

Don't think that was a penalty for the hand ball, it is not an unnatural position, this silhouette thing they go on about, 

Do they still have that rule? They have changed it that much I don't know anymore 

I honestly dont even know the rule anymore but from the reverse angle it looked to me like Simpson moved his arm towards the ball slightly, which I know is instinctive, if that was in the opponents box I'd be screaming for a pen all day long 

Archived