*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

Just now, The Godfather said:

We wouldn't have broke any record though... 

goals conceded were now only two behind Chelsea’s 2005 record and now because we’ve conceded a late goal it makes harder and it would be our record points total.

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Aye he was bad and both teams can say that tonight. Looked terrified to make a decision all game which lead to him trying to make up for it by making a poor decision at the end.

Got embarrassed by having the reverse the first penalty decision.

Went trigger happy with the cards right after it. 

Out of position for the majority of decisions.

Never in control of the match.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

12 million for Hagi is robbery and we should be biting hands off for it

I said that too.

if we got offered 10 million ish then it would be insane not to accept it for a guy who now is third choice for that right sided position.

As someone else said the fringe players are fringe players for a reason. They are not good enough.

Simpson fucked up for the goal v Dundee United at Ibrox a few weeks ago aswell.

Thank Fuck that game meant zero tonight, apart from remaining unbeaten, poor poor performance.

Might just lull stjohnstone into thinking they have a chance on Sunday.

Just now, GOAT said:

goals conceded were now only two behind Chelsea’s 2005 record and now because we’ve conceded a late goal it makes harder and it would be our record points total.

Fair enough but that stuff really isn't important... To me anyway. 

What is important is trophies and we have the one we were involved in tonight and hopefully that will fire us up for the real important game at the weekend for the other trophy. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Simpson looks terrible, outran twice by stevie may😓

itten tries but isn’t good enough

hagi anonymous

basseys header at the goal🙁

roofe shooting fro 70 yards😞

still undefeated that’s the main thing

wright took his goal well

Andy Little said Itten was outstanding in the second half 🤔

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

12 million for Hagi is robbery and we should be biting hands off for it

Think you're right but over the course of a season, he will chip in with important goals and assists. Don't think we should be in any rush to sell him but as you said, offer of 12m then for sure sell him.

6 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Don't think that was a penalty for the hand ball, it is not an unnatural position, this silhouette thing they go on about, 

Do they still have that rule? They have changed it that much I don't know anymore 

He's moved towards it though, which is now a handball, but under the new rules they have the lower hand ball / no hand ball line at the upper arm. I have no idea what happens if the ball lands on the line and that's where roughly where it hits Simpson. 

The tweaking of the rules every year because VAR has given dumb decisions is infuriating. Especially when rule changes have been made based on the benefit of VAR to check things.

3 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The other boy from Bournemouth on loan at Wycombe seems to be getting next to no game time and looks like he hasn’t featured for weeks. Don’t know what the script is with him
Still young yes but doesn’t give you much confidence 

Tbh on a free isn’t a big risk, can always go back on loan next season

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fair enough but that stuff really isn't important... To me anyway. 

What is important is trophies and we have the one we were involved in tonight and hopefully that will fire us up for the real important game at the weekend for the other trophy. 

I want to see them Unbeaten and setting records along the way aswell.  

Giving the fringe players a bit of leeway myself.

Match fitness is fucking crucial these days, especially when the opposition play like St Johnstone done tonight. And having barely any all 2nd half of the season for the likes of Itten, Simpson, Wright has played a big part in the performances.

Add Tav coming back to that along with a clear change of tactics all created a bit of a mess.

8 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The other boy from Bournemouth on loan at Wycombe seems to be getting next to no game time and looks like he hasn’t featured for weeks. Don’t know what the script is with him
Still young yes but doesn’t give you much confidence 

Got injured last month.

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Some people here would have gone mental during Walter's time. We were regularly shit once the title was won - and it never mattered because we were still the fucking Champions.

And hey, guess what? We're the Champions now. Still undefeated, game time for Tav. Pretty much a glorified friendly. Onto the only game that matters this week on Sunday.

The issue is we are still making stupid mistakes at the tail end of games. I thought at one point around the 90th minute “Good job St Johnstone are shit” because we weren’t handling the end of the game well. Fast forward a few minutes and we’ve conceded when it was easier to hold possession and see out the game.

The result in itself doesn’t matter. 

Just now, writingranger said:

Played out of position first half and he needs a run of starts in the team. 

People have been calling for him to play more central (me) and he ended up playing shite!

Hardly on the ball all game.

That mob are taig infested hammer throwers. However their back three are a decent unit. We need to get smarter. Best 11 out on Sunday and see those cunts put to the sword. 

Think we'd struggle with Tav, as he's not ready. Hopefully Patterson avoids a ban. 

Wright, Alfie, Kent up front. Kamara, Davis, Aribo/Arfield in the middle. Usual back four, but go with Patterson if not suspended. Strong bench. 

Can't see us lose TBH. 

Archived