*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

7 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Played out of position first half and he needs a run of starts in the team. 

exactly, hagi was played in the midfield in the first half then got moved up in to the front 3 three, its like aribro being shunted into the middle when he plays best up top.

as for simpson at the back........not a fan at all, just like bassey being at the back and zungu in the middle ughh just asking for headaches.

anyways that pitch was fucking awful try and play a simple pass and the ball was bouncing about like the caravan scene in father ted.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

Awful decision from the ref, even worse from Roofe to shoot from half way line in last 30s

i know it means nothing but that’s put me in a real downer.

I thought that was daft as fuck/totally unnecessary from Roofe as well. Could’ve squared it to Patterson and kept possession.

Poor game management from a knee experienced player.

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

I thought that was daft as fuck/totally unnecessary from Roofe as well. Could’ve squared it to Patterson and kept possession.

Agreed. Very sloppy. 

3 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Why the fuck Roofe never passed I'll never know. Just fuckin greedy and stupid 

27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's bang on.

Hopefully its just down to the fact he never had a proper pre-season and that money in the bank fitness isn't there at the moment.

im hoping that as well mate, he missed a lot of football last year or so, expect/hope we'll see the best of him start of next season

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not defending Simpson, he's been poor in the games he's played & probably isn't good enough

But how can you defend Itten saying he needs a run of games (34 games he's been involved in scoring 4 goals) but you can make a decision that Simpson isn't good enough after 3...

Bassey/Simpson & Wright, to a far lesser extent as he's already proved he looks a good signing, were all low risk given the fees involved

Itten came in for the best part of 3 million and apart from a couple of goals vs Motherwell has been absolutely shite every time he's been on the park

Itten has done really well when coming on as a sub. He's hardly started a game. One in Europe where he scored. He was put on the right v Killie too. All his goals have been sub appearances. If he gets 4 or 5 starts in a row then he'll come onto a game. You can tell there is a player there.

Wright looks a great deal for us. Bassey looked strong at first but he's all over the place now. He had a mare away at Falkirk. His timing is well off. Simpson just looks a lower standard than any of our other CBs.

7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Bassey and Simpson aren't good enough. 

Roofe needs to up his game.

Itten needs a run of games to regain confidence.

Bassey and Simpson, agree they are nowhere near good enough.

Roofe can be great one game and anonymous the next.  After any injury spell he looks as if he needs 6 games to get up to speed.  

Itten just doesn't suit our game-plan.  Why he was signed is a mystery.  He doesn't get the service either.  When he comes on as a sub, we hardly create many chances for him.  

47 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Don't want to rush to conclusions but what a poor, poor league debut from Simpson. I'm willing to give Itten more time - and I've backed him consistently - but can't help but feel we'd have been better off with someone like Nisbet if we wanted to spend a couple of million on a third choice striker. 

People said the exact same thing about Helander.. Im willing to give him time, anyway.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Bassey and Simpson, agree they are nowhere near good enough.

Roofe can be great one game and anonymous the next.  After any injury spell he looks as if he needs 6 games to get up to speed.  

Itten just doesn't suit our game-plan.  Why he was signed is a mystery.  He doesn't get the service either.  When he comes on as a sub, we hardly create many chances for him.  

We really need to hang on to Alfie if possible mate. To try and bring in a top striker is going to be tough. Roofe and Itten for me just don’t have it. 

Gerrard saying it was a pen and they should’ve had another.

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

1 minute ago, kirkiebear said:

Gerrard saying it was a pen and they should’ve had another.

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

Maybe he has seen them back and he thinks they were penalties?