*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

2 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Gerrard saying it was a pen and they should’ve had another.

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

Not one of them was a penalty 

The one they actually got was the only one you could make a case for and at that it was soft 

First one is 50/50 as they’re both holding and second one is the very definition of something that’s not a handball 

10 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We really need to hang on to Alfie if possible mate. To try and bring in a top striker is going to be tough. Roofe and Itten for me just don’t have it. 

Have to agree. Itten not it, but I like Roofe's physicality and style, but he just doesn't find the net often enough. 

4 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Gerrard saying it was a pen and they should’ve had another.

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

Gerrard doesn't say or mean that if the points are on the line.

He is very savvy and diplomatic in interviews. He knows when to pick his fights.

chronic first half from Rangers the passing just didn't improve at all as the half went on the defending was woeful especially not helped by poor distribution from further upfield.

Second half slightly better nice pass & move for the goal but they should have been out of sight afterwards as the subs came on the play got better in terms of passing & running off the ball against a really horrid side full of wannabe cunts aided & abetted by a trio of officials who haven't a fucking clue behind the play or just not on it in terms of the tactics from that bunch of diving bastards they were more intent in awarding fouls & free kicks against our players which were either nothing or exaggerated contact.

clearly bottled it on the first penalty only the linesman appeared to make the clown change his mind as for the second one unbelievable how that was considered a penalty.

The officials are so far off the pace in terms of 5 teams tactics week in week out in this league its beyond parody but needs addressed SG should really take these clowns to task as that tonight just isn't good enough you can talk about game management from players but it can easily be argued there were just as many misplaced passes within that 4-5 minute spell of added on time that could've caused them to equalise same within the 90 mins especially first half where Rangers were continually giving the bloody ball away putting themselves in trouble time and again.

Annoyed it wasn't wrapped up before their equaliser I just hope we smash them in the cup game as they are a truly fucking horrendous outfit who would get football shut down with their shitty approach to the game.

37 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Result is irrelevant for this game.  When you make so many changes you expect a disjointed performance. But for me the performance from both Roofe and Itten is worrying when you consider when they signed, everyone assumed Morelos was away. Both are miles off where a Rangers center forward should be, both seem unable to manufacture themselves space and are easily closed down. If Morelos is away this season we need better than Roofe and Itten.

Itten looks like he’s running through sand. One or two flashes but poor overall since he’s came to the club. 

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Would seriously be considering trying to move on Itten and bring in Nisbet.

Nesbit is far the better player and we could have got him cheaply last summer. Will cost money now. 

I got shot down for suggesting that last week from a few.

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Nesbit is far the better player and we could have got him cheaply last summer. Will cost money now. 

I got shot down for suggesting that last week from a few.

I think he'd be worth the £3m they apparently want.

1 minute ago, Jackal said:

Surprised roofe is taking loads of criticism tonight, actually thought he was one of our better players. 
Touch at times sublime but decision making not on same wavelength, not worried one bit about him. 

Thought he had a quiet game for the most part but showed some real quality at times. If Wright scored with his through ball everyone would probably be raving about him.

4 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Surprised roofe is taking loads of criticism tonight, actually thought he was one of our better players. 
Touch at times sublime but decision making not on same wavelength, not worried one bit about him. 

Roofe is a good player. Some of his touches and movements stand out but that was the wrong decision at the end.

7 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Because he cost us two points by not passing to Patterson and killing the game

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

We really need to hang on to Alfie if possible mate. To try and bring in a top striker is going to be tough. Roofe and Itten for me just don’t have it. 

Hopefully the lure of playing in the Champions league will keep Mo at Ibrox 🤞 

1 hour ago, goaaaal said:

chronic first half from Rangers the passing just didn't improve at all as the half went on the defending was woeful especially not helped by poor distribution from further upfield.

Second half slightly better nice pass & move for the goal but they should have been out of sight afterwards as the subs came on the play got better in terms of passing & running off the ball against a really horrid side full of wannabe cunts aided & abetted by a trio of officials who haven't a fucking clue behind the play or just not on it in terms of the tactics from that bunch of diving bastards they were more intent in awarding fouls & free kicks against our players which were either nothing or exaggerated contact.

clearly bottled it on the first penalty only the linesman appeared to make the clown change his mind as for the second one unbelievable how that was considered a penalty.

The officials are so far off the pace in terms of 5 teams tactics week in week out in this league its beyond parody but needs addressed SG should really take these clowns to task as that tonight just isn't good enough you can talk about game management from players but it can easily be argued there were just as many misplaced passes within that 4-5 minute spell of added on time that could've caused them to equalise same within the 90 mins especially first half where Rangers were continually giving the bloody ball away putting themselves in trouble time and again.

Annoyed it wasn't wrapped up before their equaliser I just hope we smash them in the cup game as they are a truly fucking horrendous outfit who would get football shut down with their shitty approach to the game.

Did you forget that this is RM and not your own mini blog😃

8 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Because he cost us two points by not passing to Patterson and killing the game

I’m not going to get too upset about it, was stupid but rather last night than Sunday.

For me glen kamara made a stupid decision after we equalised at st Mirren in the cup by trying an eye of the needle pass edge of our own box that few secs later led to there corner and goal, it happens but feel we can move on from this one a bit easier. 

Lot of changes, nothing much at stake and another clown of a ref but we aren’t quite there yet in terms of a squad if we had injuries in key areas.

No doubt the squad depth has improved but Gerrard does need to add just a bit more quality if we are to build on this.

Surprised at the criticism of Itten as well. Whilst he’s featured in a lot of games, very few have been starts & trying to find your feet, particularly in Scotland, needs a good year to settle in - just look at Borna. 

And yet... despite that, he’s scored arguably the most crucial goal in the season, in the 3-1 win over Motherwell just a few days after losing to St Mirren. 

He’s still young(ish), had a prolific season in Switzerland and a full Swiss international. 

Challenge for him is that he has Morelos infront of him but I’ve absolutely no doubt he’ll be a success. 

47 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

This place :lol:

Worth watching Gerrard’s post match interview on RTV where he doesn’t hide how little he cared about tonight. 

I totally agree! Obviously I want to win every game but there is no extra prize for going a full season unbeaten. Sunday is an important game for us, tonight was not and Gerrard basically said the same in his interview 

I can only really remember Itten starting 4 games tops and the majority of the time he’s came on in the last 10 minutes if he’s lucky. 

I like him, we can’t solely rely on him if Morelos goes, but I don’t think he should be written off. If he gets more full games I’d bet he’s probably worth about 15 goals a season at least

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

This place :lol:

Worth watching Gerrard’s post match interview on RTV where he doesn’t hide how little he cared about tonight. 

Dead rubber split games are always like this. Apart from the 5-5 at Hibs can’t really remember an exciting game.