*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

😁😁😁😁 IMG_3140.MP4

I know it's not important, but was disappointed with Roofe tonight.  We've got to try Kent & Wright with Morelos through the middle.

🤣🤣🤣

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

I thought that was daft as fuck/totally unnecessary from Roofe as well. Could’ve squared it to Patterson and kept possession.

Poor game management from a knee experienced player.

Why the fuck Roofe never passed I'll never know. Just fuckin greedy and stupid 

HG5, BearInTheToon and Ivybank like this
27 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's bang on.

Hopefully its just down to the fact he never had a proper pre-season and that money in the bank fitness isn't there at the moment.

im hoping that as well mate, he missed a lot of football last year or so, expect/hope we'll see the best of him start of next season

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not defending Simpson, he's been poor in the games he's played & probably isn't good enough

But how can you defend Itten saying he needs a run of games (34 games he's been involved in scoring 4 goals) but you can make a decision that Simpson isn't good enough after 3...

Bassey/Simpson & Wright, to a far lesser extent as he's already proved he looks a good signing, were all low risk given the fees involved

Itten came in for the best part of 3 million and apart from a couple of goals vs Motherwell has been absolutely shite every time he's been on the park

Itten has done really well when coming on as a sub. He's hardly started a game. One in Europe where he scored. He was put on the right v Killie too. All his goals have been sub appearances. If he gets 4 or 5 starts in a row then he'll come onto a game. You can tell there is a player there.

Wright looks a great deal for us. Bassey looked strong at first but he's all over the place now. He had a mare away at Falkirk. His timing is well off. Simpson just looks a lower standard than any of our other CBs.

falkirkNS and GA1972 like this
7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Bassey and Simpson aren't good enough. 

Roofe needs to up his game.

Itten needs a run of games to regain confidence.

Bassey and Simpson, agree they are nowhere near good enough.

Roofe can be great one game and anonymous the next.  After any injury spell he looks as if he needs 6 games to get up to speed.  

Itten just doesn't suit our game-plan.  Why he was signed is a mystery.  He doesn't get the service either.  When he comes on as a sub, we hardly create many chances for him.  

MorelosRangers likes this
47 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Don't want to rush to conclusions but what a poor, poor league debut from Simpson. I'm willing to give Itten more time - and I've backed him consistently - but can't help but feel we'd have been better off with someone like Nisbet if we wanted to spend a couple of million on a third choice striker. 

People said the exact same thing about Helander.. Im willing to give him time, anyway.

1 minute ago, JCDBigBear said:

Bassey and Simpson, agree they are nowhere near good enough.

Roofe can be great one game and anonymous the next.  After any injury spell he looks as if he needs 6 games to get up to speed.  

Itten just doesn't suit our game-plan.  Why he was signed is a mystery.  He doesn't get the service either.  When he comes on as a sub, we hardly create many chances for him.  

We really need to hang on to Alfie if possible mate. To try and bring in a top striker is going to be tough. Roofe and Itten for me just don’t have it. 

Gerrard saying it was a pen and they should’ve had another.

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

GA1972 likes this
1 minute ago, kirkiebear said:

My smallest , smallest criticism, if I can call it that, of him is when things like that go against us and they don’t mean much he tends to play it down when I’d rather he’d call it out. Don’t know if he’s maybe not seen replays yet but I’m not sure how he can think any of their claims were actually penalties.

Maybe he has seen them back and he thinks they were penalties?

HG5 likes this
2 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Not one of them was a penalty 

The one they actually got was the only one you could make a case for and at that it was soft 

First one is 50/50 as they’re both holding and second one is the very definition of something that’s not a handball 

kirkiebear likes this
10 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We really need to hang on to Alfie if possible mate. To try and bring in a top striker is going to be tough. Roofe and Itten for me just don’t have it. 

Have to agree. Itten not it, but I like Roofe's physicality and style, but he just doesn't find the net often enough. 

4 minutes ago, kirkiebear said:

Gerrard doesn't say or mean that if the points are on the line.

He is very savvy and diplomatic in interviews. He knows when to pick his fights.

kirkiebear likes this

chronic first half from Rangers the passing just didn't improve at all as the half went on the defending was woeful especially not helped by poor distribution from further upfield.

Second half slightly better nice pass & move for the goal but they should have been out of sight afterwards as the subs came on the play got better in terms of passing & running off the ball against a really horrid side full of wannabe cunts aided & abetted by a trio of officials who haven't a fucking clue behind the play or just not on it in terms of the tactics from that bunch of diving bastards they were more intent in awarding fouls & free kicks against our players which were either nothing or exaggerated contact.

clearly bottled it on the first penalty only the linesman appeared to make the clown change his mind as for the second one unbelievable how that was considered a penalty.

The officials are so far off the pace in terms of 5 teams tactics week in week out in this league its beyond parody but needs addressed SG should really take these clowns to task as that tonight just isn't good enough you can talk about game management from players but it can easily be argued there were just as many misplaced passes within that 4-5 minute spell of added on time that could've caused them to equalise same within the 90 mins especially first half where Rangers were continually giving the bloody ball away putting themselves in trouble time and again.

Annoyed it wasn't wrapped up before their equaliser I just hope we smash them in the cup game as they are a truly fucking horrendous outfit who would get football shut down with their shitty approach to the game.

37 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Result is irrelevant for this game.  When you make so many changes you expect a disjointed performance. But for me the performance from both Roofe and Itten is worrying when you consider when they signed, everyone assumed Morelos was away. Both are miles off where a Rangers center forward should be, both seem unable to manufacture themselves space and are easily closed down. If Morelos is away this season we need better than Roofe and Itten.

Itten looks like he’s running through sand. One or two flashes but poor overall since he’s came to the club.