*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Kinnear was on the bench for Annan last night.

I suppose that’s fair enough. Until the appeal is thrown out and the bans confirmed, all five are available to play.

Of course, the SFA might say “well we didn’t punish the scum despite multiple breaches in Dubai so maybe we’ll let them off”??

:rofl:

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I suppose that’s fair enough. Until the appeal is thrown out and the bans confirmed, all five are available to play.

Of course, the SFA might say “well we didn’t punish the scum despite multiple breaches in Dubai so maybe we’ll let them off”??

:rofl:

Mate, wishful thinking I know, but maybe we’ve got these cunts backing down after the Dubai fiasco. This decision seems to be taking a long time. Fingers crossed. 

6 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

:lol:

7 hours ago, stevemac said:

fuck it full blown rest squad

McLaughlin

Patterson   King   Simpson   Bassey

Zungu   Wright   Hagi

Defoe   Itten   Stewart

Don't think you'll be too far wrong there pal!

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think it’s a shame we are clearly going to drop Patterson to the bench the moment Tav can do a full 90 minutes 

It is but that's football

Patterson's done very well since coming in, especially for a young boy but Tav's our captain, our top goalscorer in the league & top assister, its a no-brainer.

Hopefully Patterson is patient enough & waits for his chances, would be a shame to see him leave 

15 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Since there is no news on the covid 5, I would start both Zungu and Bassey.

Fuck knows who starts with Patterson & Tav. I've given up trying to figure it out.

I know playing both is a bad idea and also unfair to a midfield player to lose out.

It has to be Patterson for me if possible. Tav can come back in when fully fit and up to match speed but Patterson deserves to keep that place he is shining in.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

It is but that's football

Patterson's done very well since coming in, especially for a young boy but Tav's our captain, our top goalscorer in the league & top assister, its a no-brainer.

Hopefully Patterson is patient enough & waits for his chances, would be a shame to see him leave 

It’s unfortunate for him that Tav is the player he has been replacing because any other spot on the pitch and he probably keeps his position now. 

Going to seem overly negative here but I can’t see Patterson being willing to hang around very long to just sit on the bench and get the odd cup game appearance. He’s developing into far too good a player for that.

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think it’s a shame we are clearly going to drop Patterson to the bench the moment Tav can do a full 90 minutes 

Aye it's one of them ones you see quoted as 'a good problem to have'.

Maybe so, though i think when fit, Tav will mostly always get the nod. Just hope Patterson is mature enough to understand and wait his turn, which hopefully he will be, considering everything that's just went on in the last couple of months. 

Patterson starts tonight for me.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It’s unfortunate for him that Tav is the player he has been replacing because any other spot on the pitch and he probably keeps his position now. 

Going to seem overly negative here but I can’t see Patterson being willing to hang around very long to just sit on the bench and get the odd cup game appearance. He’s developing into far too good a player for that.

Completely agree on both points.

Said to my mate at the weekend when Tav was on the bench the only thing I could think of would be trying Patterson at LB if Borna leaves in the summer (I think he will be 1 of the players to go)

Think it would screw the full dynamic of the team though and cause Kent issues when he cuts inside, just can't really see another way Patterson gets the minutes he wants/deserves.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Completely agree on both points.

Said to my mate at the weekend when Tav was on the bench the only thing I could think of would be trying Patterson at LB if Borna leaves in the summer (I think he will be 1 of the players to go)

Think it would screw the full dynamic of the team though and cause Kent issues when he cuts inside, just can't really see another way Patterson gets the minutes he wants/deserves.

Wouldn’t be a huge fan of putting players in positions they aren’t used to just to try and get them into the team. 

Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are keeping Tav or Patterson as our main starter in that position I think. Don’t think it will be this summer but can’t see us holding both for very long, if Patterson continues developing the way he is