*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

ElBufalo20

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn’t be a huge fan of putting players in positions they aren’t used to just to try and get them into the team. 

Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are keeping Tav or Patterson as our main starter in that position I think. Don’t think it will be this summer but can’t see us holding both for very long, if Patterson continues developing the way he is 

The thing for me is, Patterson has had a superb run in the team now, and has had that feeling injected into him. I really don't see him wanting away....even if it's season after next he gets his chance to start. How many youth players have fell by the wayside for us? Nathan has seen that he'll get the gig eventually. I also have a feeling next season might be Tav's last with us. I think he may want to go back South before he retires! Who knows though. I just thin Patterson has plenty time on his hands and knows now that the management trust him and he will get his chance! 

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Quite excited about this after seeing the team. Expecting a lot of fluidity from the 3 in behind Itten. If we click this could be a very good watch.

Didn't expect that many changes tbh. Surprised at Gerrard buy in a good way. Will be interesting to see how we set up shape wise both with and without the ball for site. Hoping for a strong start as always and a good performance. Of course we have a very strong bench so with the five substitutions that are available we have a very credible plan b if it doesn't click👍