*****The Official St Johnstone v The Champions Match Thread****

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Completely agree on both points.

Said to my mate at the weekend when Tav was on the bench the only thing I could think of would be trying Patterson at LB if Borna leaves in the summer (I think he will be 1 of the players to go)

Think it would screw the full dynamic of the team though and cause Kent issues when he cuts inside, just can't really see another way Patterson gets the minutes he wants/deserves.

Wouldn’t be a huge fan of putting players in positions they aren’t used to just to try and get them into the team. 

Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are keeping Tav or Patterson as our main starter in that position I think. Don’t think it will be this summer but can’t see us holding both for very long, if Patterson continues developing the way he is 

Valance1690 likes this

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Wouldn’t be a huge fan of putting players in positions they aren’t used to just to try and get them into the team. 

Sooner or later we will have to decide if we are keeping Tav or Patterson as our main starter in that position I think. Don’t think it will be this summer but can’t see us holding both for very long, if Patterson continues developing the way he is 

The thing for me is, Patterson has had a superb run in the team now, and has had that feeling injected into him. I really don't see him wanting away....even if it's season after next he gets his chance to start. How many youth players have fell by the wayside for us? Nathan has seen that he'll get the gig eventually. I also have a feeling next season might be Tav's last with us. I think he may want to go back South before he retires! Who knows though. I just thin Patterson has plenty time on his hands and knows now that the management trust him and he will get his chance! 

.Williamson. likes this

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

At what point do you assume that, if the SFA haven’t updated you on the appeal, you can include the players in your squad?

I've no idea mate but common sense tells me it should be midday at the latest for an evening game imo. 

Colin Traive likes this