Rangers Women v Fhilth - live on BBC Alba.

Assegai

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Know the Left back personally, Nicola Docherty, went to school with her, living the dream in her case, some jumped at this full time, some gave shite jobs so why not...

Not my cuppa tea nor would I watch women's game.

It's a tick box exercise trying to compete or look like these Top 6 ESL wannabees with womens teams in the "modern" world...

Wonder what the overall budget is?

I’m not having you’re that young :lol: I thought you were at least 40s

Had this on the telly and the First Team on the Laptop last night. Surely there has to be a serious discussion around the dimensions of the pitch and the goals when it comes to women’s football?

Nicola Docherty was the only player who could hit the ball with anywhere near the same power as you see in men’s football and even then she fell just short. Keepers can’t kick the ball near halfway most of the time and they’re short as fuck.

Make the pitches smaller and the game would improve for them IMO, the lack of pace and power is very evident on a full sized pitch.

13 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

Had this on the telly and the First Team on the Laptop last night. Surely there has to be a serious discussion around the dimensions of the pitch and the goals when it comes to women’s football?

Nicola Docherty was the only player who could hit the ball with anywhere near the same power as you see in men’s football and even then she fell just short. Keepers can’t kick the ball near halfway most of the time and they’re short as fuck.

Make the pitches smaller and the game would improve for them IMO, the lack of pace and power is very evident on a full sized pitch.

It's an international sport, with team USA leading the way, winning just about everything and getting paid accordingly after their demands for parity with the men were successful. 

No different from women playing tennis and athletics. They don't shorten the tennis courts or distances in athletics ffs. 

The interesting scenario yet to face women's football is when the self identifying mob roll up with cock in hand and a pair of bawz demanding their participation! Bit of an uproar in the USA sports about this shite. 

Anyway, I wish them all the success they deserve as the game's popularity increases and why not. 

12 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

It's a waste of money and simply a tick-box exercise as far as I'm concerned.   The quality (or lack of it) is so apparent.

It’s pish, it’s always been pish, always will be pish. 👍🏻 

Archived