British League

tommyw

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Don’t buy into this notion English football is without “soul” what absolute bollocks.

I’ll give you that maybe the more northern you go the more into it they get.  But what absolute shite that there is no soul on English football.  

Us and Millwall are definitely the exception to the rule, then. Plus plenty of northern clubs are dull as fuck.

All grounds have dull games and where the atmosphere is turgid. Games against shit like Reading or Palace. I'm sure it's the same for Rangers when St Mirran turn up or Ross County. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Would it? Because Man United alone have had 4 managers and a billion spent since Fergie and they've managed one europa and one FA cup. 

They won the FA Cup the day, I think, we lost the cup final to Hibs and won the Europa the same season the taigs did their invincible treble. You know and I know if we'd either won the cup vs Hibs or stopped their invincible treble we would have celebrated those a helluva lot more than Man United fans celebrated either one of those achievements. 

We would have because of the situation we were in.  If we’d not been relegated and had won trophies galore we’d have celebrated beaten hibs a bit better than the Man Utd fans at winning the FA cup.  That’s about it, it’s only hibs at the end of day.  Now if we’d beat Man Utd in the FA cup final or won the europa league how would we have celebrated that?  End conversation. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

These are the same Man City fans that can't fill their stadiums on any other league game day or even a Champions league night? But you use them as an example of real fans? Finally turning up on a day when their favourites to win the league after spending a billion quid? 

Delusional. Utterly delusional. 

That’s cos their not a big club. 🤣🤣🤣

Is that not what half this thread has been about?

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Stop replying to me, I don’t like the fact you’re putting up an argument 

No the reason I’ve told that scumbag to stop replying to me he knows why and it’s fuck all to do with this thread.  He’s a piece of filth and he can ram his wee newspaper article up his hole aswell. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

That’s cos their not a big club. 🤣🤣🤣

Is that not what half this thread has been about?

I thought that having access to all this money and competing at this mythical 'next level' is what made big clubs. Competing at the importat bits of the CL, winning the Premier League, not just the 'We qualified for the Champions League qualifiers Trophy'.

It seems that clubs are big clubs when it suits your argument but other clubs arent big clubs despite meeting the same criteria because...well just because.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

No the reason I’ve told that scumbag to stop replying to me he knows why and it’s fuck all to do with this thread.  He’s a piece of filth and he can ram his wee newspaper article up his hole aswell. 

You were happy to reply earlier when I wasn't ripping massive holes in your mental as fuck argument.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

You were happy to reply earlier when I wasn't ripping massive holes in your mental as fuck argument.

Ripping holes you’ve posted a guy with a scarf, which automatically now means there’s 50,000 tourists at anfield.  🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈

Jog the fuck on. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

And six European cups and 19 times champions of England. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

I clearly didn’t mean unbeaten I meant winning the title. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

I picked that team because someone mentioned that team and 2004 was the last time they were champions. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Who mentioned just “loads of fans?”

oh and btw, city don’t have loads of fans, city are a small club with money.  Forest certainly don’t have loads of fans either, nor do Ipswich.  The only one you could make a case for is Newcastle, we’re a far far far bigger club than Newcastle. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

As I said if you think we’ll be a Newcastle you have little faith in how big a club we are.  It really is that simple. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Arsenal in a European semi final, Chelsea are still in the hunt for CL spots AND European champions league semi final and FA cup final.  So two poor seasons still with a chance of winning massive things better than we could ever hope to win in Scotland. 

6 hours ago, GOAT said:

Love how you completely ignored the CL and FA comment.  But you are a “journalist” I suppose and facts are not your strong point. 

It must have been a different @The Dude that @GOAT was replying to because he definitely doesn't reply to me. :boydie:

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I thought that having access to all this money and competing at this mythical 'next level' is what made big clubs. Competing at the importat bits of the CL, winning the Premier League, not just the 'We qualified for the Champions League qualifiers Trophy'.

It seems that clubs are big clubs when it suits your argument but other clubs arent big clubs despite meeting the same criteria because...well just because.

Suits my arguments?  I’ve never once mentioned Man City being a big club, I’ve said the opposite a good few times so stop talking absolute pish.  I know your used to it and embarrassing and slating your own support on national newspapers but give a by eh?  Last reply to you.  

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Would it? Because Man United alone have had 4 managers and a billion spent since Fergie and they've managed one europa and one FA cup. 

They won the FA Cup the day, I think, we lost the cup final to Hibs and won the Europa the same season the taigs did their invincible treble. You know and I know if we'd either won the cup vs Hibs or stopped their invincible treble we would have celebrated those a helluva lot more than Man United fans celebrated either one of those achievements. 

You’re confirming exactly what I’m saying, success in football requires a very good manager, with a good budget. Not sure what you’re disagreeing with?

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Man City are a big club with a good support 

Man City are a Newcastle a decent sized club in their country with a good loyal local support.  They are not a big club in terms of the stature of a big club like their other north west neighbours.  Only difference with them and Newcastle is they have better owners. 

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Suits my arguments?  I’ve never once mentioned Man City being a big club, I’ve said the opposite a good few times so stop talking absolute pish.  I know your used to it and embarrassing and slating your own support on national newspapers but give a by eh?  Last reply to you.  

No you mentioned Chelsea as one because they might finish 4th in the PL. Get the bunting out down the Kings Road lads. Chelsea are 4th.

7 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I know you said it's your last reply but please give us a link to me slating Rangers fans in a National newspaper. I'd like to read that, even though I can categorically say you've completely made it up. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I know you said it's your last reply but please give us a link to me slating Rangers fans in a National newspaper. I'd like to read that, even though I can categorically say you've completely made it up. 

Tell you what Goat, provide the link of me slating our support in a national newspapet and I'll donate 100quid to the charity of your choosing. If you can't, you should make a similar gesture to charity. 

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Tell you what Goat, provide the link of me slating our support in a national newspapet and I'll donate 100quid to the charity of your choosing. If you can't, you should make a similar gesture to charity. 

Either way chairidee will be the winner.

39 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We would have because of the situation we were in.  If we’d not been relegated and had won trophies galore we’d have celebrated beaten hibs a bit better than the Man Utd fans at winning the FA cup.  That’s about it, it’s only hibs at the end of day.  Now if we’d beat Man Utd in the FA cup final or won the europa league how would we have celebrated that?  End conversation. 

I'm no even surprised you completely missed the point.