British League

tommyw

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Wow. Okay. I'll try and put it as simply as possible. 

Success in Scotland >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> no success in England, every day of the week. 

Irrespective of the league the team with best manager and players comes out on top. What am I missing or what are you attributing to me. I know our Fanbase and history wouldn’t guarantee success in England 

12 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I've always said if we were in the epl and had access to the same TV money then we would be up there competing at the top. With our stadium and fanbase we would bring a lot more to this BPL than some of the clubs to have been in the EPL over the years.

Like Newcastle? 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

These are the same Man City fans that can't fill their stadiums on any other league game day or even a Champions league night? But you use them as an example of real fans? Finally turning up on a day when their favourites to win the league after spending a billion quid? 

Delusional. Utterly delusional. 

@TEFTONGlikes this :whistle:

This is another wee bit from an article 2 years ago. But hey social media haters just gotta hate. 

Jibes aimed at City’s supposed poor attendances are both tiresome and incredibly easy to debunk. I could get down into the nitty-gritty and point out that City’s average home attendance in 1998/99 was 28,273. They were in the third tier at the time. I could also namecheck a report that came out two year’s back that evidenced that City have more long-standing match-going fans than any other Premier League club.

That is not to look down on occasional attendees but it’s a proud boast nonetheless. I could highlight too that Liverpool’s record attendance would only be City’s 29th highest but why waste your time further when I can simply state that the club’s average home gate this season is 98.2% of its capacity.  To use Liverpool again as a comparison theirs is 97.8%.

Attendance figures this season

Stadium Capacity -
Anfield - 54,074
Etihad - 55,097

Average Attendance -
Anfield - 52,889
Etihad - 54,120

Stadium Fill Percentage
Anfield - 97.8%
Etihad - 98.2%. :mutley:

46 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Like Newcastle? 

Unlike them we wouldn't shit the bed and blow a 12 point lead like they did back in the day.....

There'd be no guarantees of success but to have a chance of a financial level playing field with even the mid table clubs we would do OK and I dare say surprise many English fans, pundits etc...

10 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Just under 30 thousand at Maine Road in the old division 2. But why point out facts when folk keep repeating a lie. :thumbup:... 

But then I can remember going to Ibrox when we didnt exactly fill the place. 

Screenshot_20210422_210440.jpg

Who's repeating a lie?

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Not one of these teams supports come.near us.

Fuck the lot of them. Don't honestly understand why Rangers fans would give a fuck how many people attend English sides who aren't a patch on us.

Some amount a folk in this thread getting worked up. Mongs 

Not read through the thread or that but it’s a massive no for me, in all honesty I hate what English football has became. It’s a tourist league, clubs more interested in the day trip fans than anything. Not saying our club is perfect but far better than down there. Would hate to see Rangers become another tourist club which no doubt it would being in the same league as them. Can say all you want about the quality up here but at least it’s real, it lacks money but still has the passion. 

Just now, AlCapone said:

We need as many rangers fans in the media as possible, it’s that simple 

Exactly. I've said it on here for years now. Nothing will ever change as long as we just sit on the sidelines and complain. Nothing will happen overnight but the more Rangers friendly voices in the media, the better.

25 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Not one of these teams supports come.near us.

Fuck the lot of them. Don't honestly understand why Rangers fans would give a fuck how many people attend English sides who aren't a patch on us.

Plenty of teams in England have as good a fan base as ours, it’s arrogance to think otherwise 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

I've always said if we were in the epl and had access to the same TV money then we would be up there competing at the top. With our stadium and fanbase we would bring a lot more to this BPL than some of the clubs to have been in the EPL over the years.

I don’t agree with that, I would say it gives us a fighting chance but there is no guarantee, look at Leeds, Newcastle, Man City, Aston Villa etc are we really bigger than them? 

1 hour ago, MisterC said:

I thinks it’s gone beyond that recently mate, even a billion over a few years doesn’t guarantee success, that’s astonishing.