British League

tommyw

1 minute ago, RFC55 said:

I'd beg to.differ but there yae go 

I think we over estimate our fan base, a lot of it has to do with going back 50 years when we had a global fan base due Scottish immigration to the new world. Most of that has sadly gone. Yes we have a fantastic support but I don’t think it’s what some suggest it is. 

4 hours ago, bluenoz said:

The emotion is far less in the stands around English stadiums.

That sounds fucking horrific! At least up here every bastard opponent we face hates our guts and wants us to get beat and battered. 

Fuck it being like a friendly with us all going tonto and opposition videoing is etc. 

12 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I don’t agree with that, I would say it gives us a fighting chance but there is no guarantee, look at Leeds, Newcastle, Man City, Aston Villa etc are we really bigger than them? 

Of course we are. Plenty more than Arsenal as well.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That sounds fucking horrific! At least up here every bastard opponent we face hates our guts and wants us to get beat and battered. 

Fuck it being like a friendly with us all going tonto and opposition videoing is etc. 

I used to go to Highbury years ago when i worked in London. It was like going to the theatre compared to Ibrox.

49 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Not read through the thread or that but it’s a massive no for me, in all honesty I hate what English football has became. It’s a tourist league, clubs more interested in the day trip fans than anything. Not saying our club is perfect but far better than down there. Would hate to see Rangers become another tourist club which no doubt it would being in the same league as them. Can say all you want about the quality up here but at least it’s real, it lacks money but still has the passion. 

This

20 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I think we over estimate our fan base, a lot of it has to do with going back 50 years when we had a global fan base due Scottish immigration to the new world. Most of that has sadly gone. Yes we have a fantastic support but I don’t think it’s what some suggest it is. 

There are more than 20 Rangers Supporters Clubs in Canada mate. Think the US has a dozen, maybe more. Australia? South Africa? Not sure where else. 

7 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

I don’t agree with that, I would say it gives us a fighting chance but there is no guarantee, look at Leeds, Newcastle, Man City, Aston Villa etc are we really bigger than them? 

Is that not the point in wanting to be a part of the EPL though?  to see if we're really good enough to compete not only with the teams mentioned but against all the teams in the league or are we just happy to be a big fish in a small pond, if this opportunity were to present itself I'd love to see us make the attempt at it, I'd love to watch us compete in a league where most teams at least attempt to win a match as opposed to the shite we're forced to endure in Scotland, honestly if it wasn't The Rangers playing I wouldn't bother my arse turning on the telly but I'm certain I would be a lot more happy to be entertained by a more open game more often than not.

As for the size of support other teams may or may not have, who cares about the others, the merchandise money generated  by our fans globally would be greater than the majority down there, that along with the money that the EPL generates would help us compete.

30 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Couldn’t Really care how big our world wide fanbase is compared to others. Most our support no matter where they are in the world are genuine and actually have a love and understanding of Rangers values , history and tradition .

Give me that any day over Asians or Americans picking us for the colour of our strip or becuase their favourite player happens to play for us . 

Just now, cr3_bear said:

Couldn’t give a fuck . Most our support no matter where they are in the world are genuine and actually have a love and understanding of Rangers values , history and tradition . Give me that any day over Asians or Americans picking us for the colour of our strip or becuase their favourite player happens to play for us . 

Sounds like you don't have Rangers best interests at heart mate, disappointed:p:

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Couldn’t give a fuck . Most our support no matter where they are in the world are genuine and actually have a love and understanding of Rangers values , history and tradition . Give me that any day over Asians or Americans picking us for the colour of our strip or becuase their favourite player happens to play for us . 

This, I could never imagine The Rangers supporters ever becoming a "tourist" support.

36 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I thinks it’s gone beyond that recently mate, even a billion over a few years doesn’t guarantee success, that’s astonishing.

It's not always about how much you spend,it's how you spend it. Look at Leicester when they won the league, even Liverpool hadn't spent as much as others when they won the league albeit they weren't exactly put together on a shoestring 

I remember an image Neville shared of Liverpool fans taking photos of Mourinho in the front row. Thats a sad reflection on where it's going down there.

Give me a coin getting tossed aff someones heid at Tynecastle any day of the week to this.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 22.40.16.png

4 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

There's been worse mate, I remember watching Man United v Spurs at Old Trafford a few years ago and I'm sure Lucas Moura scored a hat-trick and Man United fans were getting selfies with him :ang:.

Give me our game every day of the week, like that time Stuart Armstrong went to get the ball of a Hearts fan at Tynecastle, the Hearts fan waited till Armstrong put his hands out to get the ball passed and the Hearts fan fucked it away and gave him the finger, that's real passion.

For reference :megaanguish:

24 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

This, I could never imagine The Rangers supporters ever becoming a "tourist" support.

It's not a case of our support becoming a "tourist support" it's more a case of prices would be hiked much higher than genuine working class families could afford and they'd miss out and the tourists would buy the tickets.

20 minutes ago, Copeland1983 said:

I remember an image Neville shared of Liverpool fans taking photos of Mourinho in the front row. Thats a sad reflection on where it's going down there.

Give me a coin getting tossed aff someones heid at Tynecastle any day of the week to this.

Screenshot 2021-04-22 at 22.40.16.png

*chest but pretended it was his heid.