British League

tommyw

8 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Who else in the UK has a larger die hard fan base? 

I find that term pretty selective, "die hard" 

Newcastle have a capacity of 52,000 they pack it every week, they are doing that because they have a hug element of die hard support, West Ham had the highest attendance of all sides in Europe in 2018 before even considering the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea

Factor in how many of their "die hard" fans who have simply been priced out their grounds as well before just considering capacity. Factor in that different fans see the term "die hard" in different ways, i.e in Italy, when we were attending our ground in defiance their fans wouldn't and would likely chase cunts down the streets and burn cars etc and so on. 

Then throw in different fan culture around the world and just how many massive, massive teams play outwith the UK - a top 5 or so in the UK means very little in the context of World Football when factoring in Europe, South America etc and so on. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s the exposure that’s required with being in a league like the EPL. Fucksakes, look at the way Scottish football is run with these cunts. Our bans for the 5 players were upheld. Any other league you can think of that would do this? Rangers covered it in the announcement after the appeal was dismissed. Another reason to get the fuck out. 

Some dealer you must have mate, good gear to be on that form at this time of day. 

I can remember talks about us moving to England in the advocaat days.

I'm very much belive it when I see it.

Some of these clubs were willing to fuck off to the ESL for more money despite how much they get just now.

I'm not convinced they would want us coming in and taking a slice. 

I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad idea for the club but I would say yes.
Cardiff and Swansea City fans should give us their opinion about that.

I can see the concept is not welcomed by everyone on the forum.

All I want is the best for Rangers.

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I find that term pretty selective, "die hard" 

Newcastle have a capacity of 52,000 they pack it every week, they are doing that because they have a hug element of die hard support, West Ham had the highest attendance of all sides in Europe in 2018 before even considering the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U and Chelsea

Factor in how many of their "die hard" fans who have simply been priced out their grounds as well before just considering capacity. Factor in that different fans see the term "die hard" in different ways, i.e in Italy, when we were attending our ground in defiance their fans wouldn't and would likely chase cunts down the streets and burn cars etc and so on. 

Then throw in different fan culture around the world and just how many massive, massive teams play outwith the UK - a top 5 or so in the UK means very little in the context of World Football when factoring in Europe, South America etc and so on. 

Yeah you've interpreted me completely wrongly. By not many bigger in the world im not necessarily saying top 15 or even top 20. More that we are a bigger club in terms of passionate fans than we are in terms of actual stature in world football which misleads a lot of Rangers fans .

My point is that using passionate supporters as a guage of size of club isn't as relevant in 2021 as it was in 1991. 

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I could TBF - sure there was a time Man U and Liverpool fans thought the same, sure there was a time NFL sides never thought they would have to miss home games as they would be held in London, things can change quite quick. 

If Rangers won the CL 3 years in a row they would naturally attract more and more supporters from around the world who would then attempt to access the stadium, natural demand would see a hike in prices which would in turn then freeze out a lot of fans, that is what has happened at the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool who up to 20 years ago had the same local, our club belongs to our city feeling Rangers fans have. 

Go to Anfield or Old Trafford for a midweek league cup game and there wont be a tourist in sight.  Go on a Saturday and there will be thousands.

Times do change.  We all want the club to be successful, success generally requires investment and a higher profile.  Look at the direction we are traveling in commercially.

As we become more successful The Club will seek to maximise income and  new fans will be brought on board including tourists.

Hadron Collider likes this

38 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Just need to look on social media for the overall reach of our club and it's dwarfed by many clubs who people class as smaller than us. 

I've made that argument on here before and I got told the number of likes they have on social media is irrelevant because they aren't necessarily fans. You are spot on though, it's all about the reach.

In this day and age social media is everything. The amount of followers you have on Facebook/Instagram/YouTube is super important... people don't realise how much extra revenue can be brought in through ad's, sponsorships deals and so on. Sponsorship deals are largely dependant on the amount of social media followers/active engagement you have in addition TV time and average attendances. (both of are generally limited to when a match is on, social media can be 24/7)

For comparison we have 750,000 followers of Facebook.

• Man Utd: 73m
  • Liverpool: 37m
  • Man City: 39m
  • Arsenal: 37m
  • West Ham: 2.5m
  • Everton: 3.6m
  • Newcastle Utd: 2.2m
  • Palace: 1.2m
  • Villa 3.3m

TheKingObv likes this

50 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

It’s the exposure that’s required with being in a league like the EPL. Fucksakes, look at the way Scottish football is run with these cunts. Our bans for the 5 players were upheld. Any other league you can think of that would do this? Rangers covered it in the announcement after the appeal was dismissed. Another reason to get the fuck out. 

So do people want to be in a bigger league for more money and exposure instead of winning things? 

Trade 56 for a couple of thousand Asians in a heartbeat. 

Just now, King Jela said:

So do people want to be in a bigger league for more money and exposure instead of winning things? 

Trade 56 for a couple of thousand Asians in a heartbeat. 

Strive to be better. We can’t sit still. You think Dungcaster will get a better tv deal for Scottish football? It’s money that’s required. Fuck, we’re already talking about selling our better players to balance books and we’ve just won the title. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Strive to be better. We can’t sit still. You think Dungcaster will get a better tv deal for Scottish football? It’s money that’s required. Fuck, we’re already talking about selling our better players to balance books and we’ve just won the title. 

Chelsea have over 1bn in debt

Man U have around 500m debt

Arsenal have around 200m debt

Spurs have aroud 500m debt

Liverpool have around 200m debt

50 minutes ago, IRed said:

I'm not sure if it's a good or a bad idea for the club but I would say yes.
Cardiff and Swansea City fans should give us their opinion about that.

I can see the concept is not welcomed by everyone on the forum.

All I want is the best for Rangers.

Cardiff and Swansea fans opinions will mean fuck all considering they never had a Welsh league when they started playing in England

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Chelsea have over 1bn in debt

Man U have around 500m debt

Arsenal have around 200m debt

Spurs have aroud 500m debt

Liverpool have around 200m debt

Fiscal impropriety. Giving contracts to cunts that are clearly not worth it. Fuck me mate, De Gea is on over £300K a week. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Cardiff and Swansea fans opinions will mean fuck all considering they never had a Welsh league when they started playing in England

Yes that's not the exact same situation you're right.

I quoted these two clubs because they play in Premier League when they can.

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We're not striving to be better, we're striving for midtable mediocrity. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fiscal impropriety. Giving contracts to cunts that are clearly not worth it. Fuck me mate, De Gea is on over £300K a week. 

Why wouldn't we fall into the trap of over-spending in a bigger league when, like you said, we have to sell a couple of players in the summer just to balance out the books in this one? 

We don't need to play in England to attract foreign fans, we should be targeting the French and Dutch market.

Ome of the most natural things in the world for a French-man is to support Rangers because the colours.

Ditto dutch man. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Why wouldn't we fall into the trap of over-spending in a bigger league when, like you said, we have to sell a couple of players in the summer just to balance out the books in this one? 

Cos we are a massive club.

King Jela likes this

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

You think we’ll be able to go down and compete whilst still paying players 10-30k a week? 

The Dude likes this

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

That's about the going rate for 'elite' players these days. We aren't going to be challenging for fuck all in England paying guys 30k a week.

TamCoopz likes this

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

We don't need to play in England to attract foreign fans, we should be targeting the French and Dutch market.

Ome of the most natural things in the world for a French-man is to support Rangers because the colours.

Ditto dutch man. 

Russians will be desperate to invest in us with that flag of theirs.