British League

tommyw

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did you miss fans of the 12 clubs forcing them to scrap the Euro Super League plans?

If we get invited to join a set up which means we could access EPL type money you won’t see us for dust.  Regardless of what the fans think. There’ll be a Rangers shaped hole in the SPFL Premiership’s door. 

10 minutes ago, SPWF said:

If we get invited to join a set up which means we could access EPL type money you won’t see us for dust.  Regardless of what the fans think. There’ll be a Rangers shaped hole in the SPFL Premiership’s door. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool's owners thought similar this time last week too.

Certainly don't buy this idea that fans are powerless to stop it things happening at their club. Even ignoring the Super League debacle, we've shown on our own that we can affect change within Ibrox. If our fans responded in a similar way to the reaction we saw from fans in England over the ESL, we won't be going anywhere.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool's owners thought similar this time last week too.

Certainly don't buy this idea that fans are powerless to stop it things happening at their club. Even ignoring the Super League debacle, we've shown on our own that we can affect change within Ibrox. If our fans responded in a similar way to the reaction we saw from fans in England over the ESL, we won't be going anywhere.

I can understand that viewpoint, but the potential league reform isn’t the same as the ESL. There’s definitely agreements against a BPL, but I don’t think they’re the same as the ones you there from the English fans earlier this week. 

9 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I can understand that viewpoint, but the potential league reform isn’t the same as the ESL. There’s definitely agreements against a BPL, but I don’t think they’re the same as the ones you there from the English fans earlier this week. 

It's not a kick in the hole off it. Cherry pick clubs to join a competition based on potential financial benefits rather than the sprting merit of it.

Why would Rangers and Celtic be entitled to jump above literally hundreds of clubs in the English pyramid?

Would the British Super League be an open league system with the potential of promotion for the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen or would it be a closed shop with access to Scottish clubs only available to the Old Firm?

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's not a kick in the hole off it. Cherry pick clubs to join a competition based on potential financial benefits rather than the sprting merit of it.

Why would Rangers and celtic be entitled to jump above literally hundreds of clubs in the English pyramid?

Would the British Super League be an open league system with the potential of promotion for the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen or would it be a closed shop with access to Scottish clubs only available to the Old Firm?

I think an invite on the reformation would be acceptable as long as the league was still competitive in terms of relegation, euro places, league winner etc. The ESL was invite only with virtually no chance of anyone else getting a look in, that’s not on. 

Just now, SPWF said:

I think an invite on the reformation would be acceptable as long as the league was still competitive in terms of relegation, euro places, league winner etc. The ESL was invite only with virtually no chance of anyone else getting a look in, that’s not on. 

The current proposals don't answer any of those questions and there's no suggestion other Scottish clubs would be invited to take part, nor Welsh nor Northern Irish so it remains as invite-only as the ESL. It's not a British Super League but a cherry-picked handful of clubs allowed to sit at the big boys table.

Would we remain a Scottish side in terms of UEFA? How would that work with Euro qualification? Where would we go if we were relegated? Would we return to the Scottish leagues or join the English football league?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

The current proposals don't answer any of those questions and there's no suggestion other Scottish clubs would be invited to take part, nor Welsh nor Northern Irish so it remains as invite-only as the ESL. It's not a British Super League but a cherry-picked handful of clubs allowed to sit at the big boys table.

Would we remain a Scottish side in terms of UEFA? How would that work with Euro qualification? Where would we go if we were relegated? Would we return to the Scottish leagues or join the English football league?

I don’t have any of the answers tbh. I just don’t think a cross border league within the UK is the same as what the ESL planned to be. It’s not something that can just be flung together quickly anyway, it would take years to plan. Don’t think there any need for anyone to get worked up over it. 

5 minutes ago, SPWF said:

I don’t have any of the answers tbh. I just don’t think a cross border league within the UK is the same as what the ESL planned to be. It’s not something that can just be flung together quickly anyway, it would take years to plan. Don’t think there any need for anyone to get worked up over it. 

Neither do any of the clubs suggesting it. There's also nothing from any of them that suggests why the SFA would give approval to their two biggest clubs simply upping sticks and fucking off.

I dont think anyone is getting worked up about anything tbh.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Neither do any of the clubs suggesting it. There's also nothing from any of them that suggests why the SFA would give approval to their two biggest clubs simply upping sticks and fucking off.

Not gona lie, I’ve had a few sleepless nights this week. Think this is the cause 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

You’re so argumentative. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Tell you what though, am watching these cunts Sheffield United v Brighton and we’d pump them right now. If we ended up there with the money they get I would have no fear at all in that league. 

I think we’re more shrewd with our business because we know the budget is limited, so we hunt for the players like Morelos etc 

I think in England they take massive gambles and just splash out because they know they have the funds, and I would hate us to go down that road of being reckless 

Just now, TamCoopz said:

I think we’re more shrewd with our business because we know the budget is limited, so we hunt for the players like Morelos etc 

I think in England they take massive gambles and just splash out because they know they have the funds, and I would hate us to go down that road of being reckless 

That’s a great point mate. Totally understand where you’re coming from. Our coaching and scouting have been pretty decent to be fair with the funds we have. Imagine having that kind of money to spend. I honestly believe we’d do well bringing in quality players. 

Where would we go if we finished in the relegation places? Serious question.

If we stay in the league then there goes the more competitive line.

If we go down to we go back to the spfl? Do teams finishing first in spfl have the opportunity to gain access to the league via a play off arrangement?

It's a load of shite tbh

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Where would we go if we finished in the relegation places? Serious question.

If we stay in the league then there goes the more competitive line.

If we go down to we go back to the spfl? Do teams finishing first in spfl have the opportunity to gain access to the league via a play off arrangement?

It's a load of shite tbh

You think we’d be in a relegation battle?  I don’t think we would be. However the other questions are not answerable mate.